Any recommendation for stretch mark cream?

NoodleSnack

Reaction score
Just want to be prepared. Is there any point to using them? If they do help, what brand have you used and would you recommend it?

I use derma mum stretch mark oil. It also comes as a cream but i prefer the oil. Its been great. I only have a few stretch marks which have recently appeared and Im 39 weeks so i hate to think how many i would have had without it.

I used rescue oil from home bargains for £2 or £3, and haven't got 1 stretch Mark :thumbup: (It's a cheaper version of bio oil)

I was told to use Palmer's Cocoa Butter from Day 1 & it worked (I avoided stretch marks completely). I'd highly recommend it as I know I'm susceptible to them. Fingers Xd for you too! x

I used Ginseng nourishing cream right through my pregnancy (and used it on my baby) and 17 years later we are still using it (even use it on my face) Its a natural cream, no parabens, no perfume, I wouldn't use anything else. Its really difficult to get hold of though. I found a website in the UK which ships it. The shop is on the incostress website. What they don't advertise is that when you buy you get a customer loyalty code when gets you discount off everything in their shop the next buy. I have had $10 off every order so far.

34 weeks and so far so good (touch wood!) using Mum to Be Organics 'Rich Tummy Cream' by Little Me Organics. It has a gorgeous smell if nothing else! I also rub in a bit of Jergens Cocoa Butter occasionally :) Especially around the tops of my thighs and on my boobs in case of stretchies there!

Update: 37 weeks plus and still stretchie free... Fingers crossed it'll stay that way! ;)

i was advised to use this by a colleague at work- https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=1119

it worked well for me and only a few faint marks which are fading now :D

I swore/swear by Clarins stretchmark control.

I swore/swear by Clarins stretchmark control.

I second this. I used this throughout pregnancy and avoided stretch marks until I went overdue and even those at very light and faded already. Lx

I didn't get any and was huuugge (I know genetics help too) and then used the firming oil after which smells amazing and left my skin fabulously mositurised.

Bio-Oil worked for me! 2 babies and no stretchmarks here! I started using it as soon as I found out I was preggo, and then a couple of months after delivery to help with skin elasticity (to help it go "back to normal" around my tummy). IT worked SO well, and smelled great.

Has anyone just tried coconut oil??? It's used in a lot of natural products and we always have buckets of it at home. I think I may try it since it wouldn't have anything added to it.

I've used coconut oil this entire pregnancy!
Just ran out of the first bottle I bought a couple of weeks ago. It lasts for AGES. I don't have any stretch marks so far this time around (30 weeks now).

That said I only wound up with 2-3 stretch marks from my previous 2 pregnancies. I've never noticed any on my mom, but she only gained 20 pounds and I'm an only child so she doesn't count. LOL I think the most important thing is to moisturise like crazy. I don't think it rally matters that much what you use, as I've used Palmer's cocoa butter, bio oil and olive oil as well in the past. Just pick something that smells good and that you enjoy rubbing all over your bump and bum and boobs and use it constantly!!

Also, don't neglect you're calves. My worst stretch mark is on the back of one of my calves!

Trofolastin creame is apparently the only creme that dermatologically tested with a small group of blind trials. The results were significantly in favour of it. I could only order it on ebay and it was £35 but really worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->