Any regrets on finding out the sex early?

hollyw79

Reaction score
I found out with my first three and realllllly wanted to. Wanted to find out with my fourth but hubs made me wait and OH MAN. It was the best surprise ever finding out in the moment.

I'm due w number 5. I want to wait but now dh says let's do something different and do a gender reveal wfamily . A big part of me worries I will be disappointed that I didn't save it until the end and this IS my last baby. Anyone ever regret finding out early? Or vice versa?

Ive only had one baby but I definitely wanted to find out and I loved knowing but I can see the pro's and cons of both.
It might be exciting having a little party as it gives you a fun thing to do halfway through but then you may just prefer quietly revealing after your little one is born

I found out with my first three and realllllly wanted to. Wanted to find out with my fourth but hubs made me wait and OH MAN. It was the best surprise ever finding out in the moment.

I'm due w number 5. I want to wait but now dh says let's do something different and do a gender reveal wfamily . A big part of me worries I will be disappointed that I didn't save it until the end and this IS my last baby. Anyone ever regret finding out early? Or vice versa?

Don't find out, wait until the birth - much more exciting! I didn't find out with my first and I didn't find out with this one either. You have two of each, so there is no reason to find out before the birth, and it's fun talking about 'Do you think it will be a boy or girl' and having names picked out for in case it's a boy or girl.

The only reason I would ever find out is if I had a very strong preference, to avoid potential disappointment after all the pushing. But I already have a girl and would be happy with either boy or another girl next, so the delayed excitement is fun for me. :thumbup: xxx

i found out with all mine but my next baby we are waiting wish i had waited with the others

I waited till the birth for my first two. Loved the surprise. On the 3rd we decided to find out 20 week scan. Found out it was a boy so excited it was what I wanted. Within half an hour excitement was gone and me and hubby wished we had waited till the end. Didn't find out for the last 3 much rather have the surprise at the end x

Thank you ❤️ definitely reaffirms how I feel!

I have just had my third. With my first two children I found out the gender early but with my third I didnt. I wish I had waited for the big reveal with all of them! I won't say I regret finding out early, but finding out in the moment was amazing!

With our first neither one of us wanted to find out and we were guessing that it was a boy. I still remember the moment that she was delivered. DH and I looked at each other with shock. My shock was that it was a girl..I always thought that. Now thinking back maybe it was that holy crap we have a kid now. lol For a while I was very disappointed that it was a girl, now I don't even think about that.

This time I want to find out in order to avoid disappointment but hubby doesn't want to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->