Any runners here?

ajarvis

Reaction score
I'm a runner :) I'm at 51 miles almost for the month of Oct. so far and am training for a half in February. Now I may or may not run the half depending on how big I am lol, but I plan to keep running!! Anyone else?

I run for fitness rather than do it seriously. So far I have hardly ran in October due to morning sickness but I have been on a couple of bike rides. I don't think I'll be able to get on my bike much longer so have been focused on biking, then I'll take up running again until I can't do it any longer! I reckon you can keep going until well into 2nd tri.

I don't know if I would call myself a runner, but I do run! Mostly 3-5 miles at a time, 3-5 times per week. So nothing major, but I like to try to keep it up. My first pregnancy I ran until about 7 or 8 months so I'd like to keep it up again. This week has been terrible because work has been insane but I will try to go today.

I just got these great new running shoes btw - they are called Newtons, have you heard of them? They change your stride because they're not meant for a heel strike. At first my calves were burning and I didn't think I would be able to keep going, but now I totally love them. I think they make for a much better workout and do great for core strength.

I'd love to train for something but it's so hard with my toddler. When do you find the time to run with other kids around? Half marathons are a great length too, challenging but still manageable.

I ran a lot before my first pregnancy. I was a running coach, too. I thought for sure I'd be one of those women that would be out for a run on her due date.... no way. I hit 4 months, and it became very uncomfortable to run. My son was nearly 6 months old before it felt comfortable again. My pelvic floor felt way too loose. I am definitely lowering my expectations this time around! But I hope y'all can continue to run comfortably all nine months!

I will run til it's uncomfortable! Still going strong :) Once I can't run I turn to swimming!

I don't know if I would call myself a runner, but I do run! Mostly 3-5 miles at a time, 3-5 times per week. So nothing major, but I like to try to keep it up. My first pregnancy I ran until about 7 or 8 months so I'd like to keep it up again. This week has been terrible because work has been insane but I will try to go today.

I just got these great new running shoes btw - they are called Newtons, have you heard of them? They change your stride because they're not meant for a heel strike. At first my calves were burning and I didn't think I would be able to keep going, but now I totally love them. I think they make for a much better workout and do great for core strength.

I'd love to train for something but it's so hard with my toddler. When do you find the time to run with other kids around? Half marathons are a great length too, challenging but still manageable.

haven't heard of the shoes. I wear ascics right now - was wearing brooks adrenaline, but didn't like the 2014 model. I leave them home with their step dad 2 nights a week, and sunday morning. The rest of the time I go before they get up - I'm one of those 5am runners :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->