any salvation army moms out there?

teen_mommy44

Zach's mommy :)
Reaction score
I currently attetend a salvation army church in the eastern ter. In the untied states :) any of you ladies attend a salvation army church? If you do where do you go? I'm having some issues with in my church about my pregnancy. I would like some advice about but if you don't go to a salvation army chruch u wouldn't understand lol sorry

i can try to understand a bit hun my aunt and uncle are salvation army and Ive had some involvment with the church although it might be a bit different in NZ than it is in the US.

the salvation army is kinda the same everywhere im pretty sure. so because im 17 and preg me and my bf are basically getting kicked out of church. i dont understand. they are so judgmental and mean to us now. i thought god didnt judge and loves everyone so why are they acting like this. idk how to politely say how i feel to the majors

I was brought up in the salvation army in the uk so have a fair amount of knowledge, my mum still goes although i left over 20 years ago when i was 18. I found that some people could be very judgemental if you didnt follow the 'rules' properly, but this was mainly the older generation. Being pregnant means you have broken (in their eyes, not mine btw) the no sex before marriage rule, and some people will look down on you for this. My brother and his girlfriend had a baby before they were married and although they couldnt wear the uniform anymore they still attended the church regularly and as far as I am aware didnt receive too much hostility from other members, i think it was my mum who gave them the most grief!!

I think its very very unfair if they kick you out, could you try and speak to the leaders, explain your feelings and see what they have to say. It may seem a daunting task particularly if you are feeling hostility from them but you have nothing to lose by speaking to them and its your right to have your say. If at the end of the day they dont want you to attend anymore then in my opinion its not worth going anyway. Like you say god loves everyone and christians should be more forgiving, understanding and caring, afterall thats the image they want to portray to everyone.

In my eyes you have done nothing wrong, unfortunately not everyone will see it this way.

I agree with the above poster hun

God forgives when we make mistakes , i was born and raised Christian and there are many people i know of in churches i have attended that would judge me harshly if they knew that DH and I slept together before marriage but I dont believe that God holds it against me, we were young and in love and though it doesnt excuse it we believe that God understands, plus we were planning our weddding we just had a mountain of paperwork to go through on the legal side being from different countries. and we saw ourselves as in a commited covenant relationship.

I would defo seek out the church leaders and have a talk about it because regardless of the "rules" of your church then they should all be based on biblical principles and our willingness to live by these. overall God is a God of Love and if we are truely sorry and repent for our sins against HIM ( not against the "church" caus sin is against God and him alone ) then he forgives us.

sorry if its too personal but are you and your BF commited and wanting to get married ? caus theres a huge difference between your relationship and that of a couple not sharing that commitment to each other then

Hi, I just thought I'd chime in.

I don't know about the Salvation Army Church, but I was born and raised Christian as well. I never went to Church until a few months ago. My dad always said that a relationship between you and God is personal, and you don't have to go to Church for that. Plus, there were NO good Churches around where I lived. But when I grew up, I realized how Important Church is, and I wanted to go.

ANYWAYS, Before I started going to Church, I met a boy (Of course) And he was the most amazing Guy I'd ever met. We soon fell in love, and before we got married, slept with each other. When I was 17, I fell pregnant with our son. His Church HATED me!! They thought I was taking their fantastic Church boy and turning him into a terrible person. He was skipping Church to spend time with me, and then when word got around that I was pregnant, it all broke loose! It was not a good scene.

But in the end, it was God's plan for us! We did end up getting married, and because we had only ever slept with each other, when we came together in marriage, we were forgiven for sleeping together before hand.

I don't regret for one second, getting pregnant at 17! My son is sitting right in front of me RIGHT now making me laugh! He and my Husband are the BIGGEST blessings to me!

God has set you on this path for a reason, and its incredibly unfair for your Chruch to treat you this way! In my opinion, I would find another Church. One that is forgiving, and displays God's grace on you and your boyfriend.

I'm sorry that you're going through this, it is incredibly emotional, especially with all those extra hormones! But just because the Church is turning you away, try not to Turn from God. I did that, and my life was pretty empty with out Him.

I pray that everything works out for you!! May God bless you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->