Any solo mum's out there?

K.N

Reaction score
Any solo mummies (or daddies) to be currently TTC via assisted conception? Wonder if we can form a solo parent-to-be thread. There are plenty of lesbian support threads, or IVF support threads - but struggling to find a group for the single parents currently planning to conceive :)

Any solo mummies (or daddies) to be currently TTC via assisted conception? Wonder if we can form a solo parent-to-be thread. There are plenty of lesbian support threads, or IVF support threads - but struggling to find a group for the single parents currently planning to conceive :)

I am!! Starting my second round of IUI process!! Best of luck to you!:dust:

Hi there! I just saw this Birdlee! Great! Hi, :). Any progress? Love talking with everyone on here, but just thought some 'solo-mum-to-be' talk might be good. There are plenty of solo mums, and people using donor sperm - but I haven't really come across too many people who are planning to be a solo mum.

Yup. Planned and did it solo before and trying for the second now. I'm lesbian too :winkwink:

I guess since I lost my husband I will be a "single" mommy too....IF I EVER get pregnant

Hi there! I just saw this Birdlee! Great! Hi, :). Any progress? Love talking with everyone on here, but just thought some 'solo-mum-to-be' talk might be good. There are plenty of solo mums, and people using donor sperm - but I haven't really come across too many people who are planning to be a solo mum.

I am now 1dpo....keeping busy so I don't go crazy!!! Best of luck! :dust:

I am now 1dpo....keeping busy so I don't go crazy!!! Best of luck! :dust:

o0oo the two week wait now. two weeks has never felt so long until i started ttc. Unfortunately another unsuccessful month for me - so trying again next month!

Ok at 10dpo. ...idk how I'm feeling to be honest. Frustrated mainly. I tested too early I know but got a BFN S supposed to test this coming Thursday. Hope y'all r holding up! :)

Hi ladies, I'm a month out from embryo transfer. Just started Lupron last night. I worry about resting after the transfer because my almost 2 year old will most definitely want to be lifted up every second of the day. As a single parent with no family around, these things get real challenging.

Good luck during the tww birdies and all the best for the next try kn.

Ok at 10dpo. ...idk how I'm feeling to be honest. Frustrated mainly. I tested too early I know but got a BFN S supposed to test this coming Thursday. Hope y'all r holding up! :)

Hmm - 10dpo - not to long to test again. On my first month of ttc back in feb. I paid so much on tests; think i got a little over excited. Now I just wait until period. I missed it once; but didn't take a test - Think it was a mmc - wish i had tested so id know if it was or wasnt! I'm at ovulation now - so about to begin another month. Best friend just out she's pregnant after two months of ttc - so feeling a little guttered!

Also; Cranberry - That must be tough. Good on you though!! I'm sure your little one will love a sibling :). I think 2 years is a neat age gap.

Hmm - 10dpo - not to long to test again. On my first month of ttc back in feb. I paid so much on tests; think i got a little over excited. Now I just wait until period. I missed it once; but didn't take a test - Think it was a mmc - wish i had tested so id know if it was or wasnt! I'm at ovulation now - so about to begin another month. Best friend just out she's pregnant after two months of ttc - so feeling a little guttered!

Also; Cranberry - That must be tough. Good on you though!! I'm sure your little one will love a sibling :). I think 2 years is a neat age gap.

Got a :bfp:!!!!!!!!!!:happydance:
Did blood work as well....POSITIVE!!!!!!!:thumbup:

Yup. Planned and did it solo before and trying for the second now. I'm lesbian too :winkwink:

Same here :thumbup: Well I'm wtt for my first! It'll be by AI with a donor in November. I'm single and a lesbian. I think a solo parent threat is a great idea.

Good luck everyone :dust:

I like the idea. I will be doing this on my own. I will be 40 in February and never had children. I want one and can't wait for a partner at my age. I have an appointment Oct 9 with FS, so as soon as he says I can try IUI, I'm going to. The only thing I know at this point is that my AMH is 0.57.

I like the idea. I will be doing this on my own. I will be 40 in February and never had children. I want one and can't wait for a partner at my age. I have an appointment Oct 9 with FS, so as soon as he says I can try IUI, I'm going to. The only thing I know at this point is that my AMH is 0.57.

All the best hun. Do keep us informed :) xxx

Oh good luck Melody! I was hoping others would think it was a good idea. I know that there are solo-parenting threads around, but I struggled to find a 'planned' solo parent thread. It's a lot different going through the TTC stage alone, compared to with someone.

oooh, goodluck with it :). Let us know how you get on! :)

Hi Ladies! I'm Brandi, single mom to Zoe, Isaiah, and Anberlin, and 5 days ago, I had a tubal reversal done. My youngest daughter was conceived via a known donor and we stayed friends over the last 3 years. He has stopped donating, but agreed to donate to me again so our daughter could have a full sibling. Over the last few months, though, sparks kind of began to fly so we're giving a relationship a try. He still lives about an hour away from me so I still am kinda doing this all on my own.

I can start TTC on November 5 when my 6 weeks recovery is up. I look forward to getting to know you guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->