Any solo mum's out there?

How's everyone doing? Any updates? I'll be ttc for the first time next week Tuesday :happydance: Anyone else ttc around this time?

I have a donor who'll be helping me via AI. I'll be staying in a hotel for a few days during my fw.

i'm in tww. still testing negative. in a few hours i'll be 7dp5dt. trying to hang on to hope.

good luck on your next cycle melody

AI is one of this things I'm looking into. After a few friends in my journal talked about it. I was afraid to go into this forum but this thread, I hope, I can post in!

I think i'm out. I'm still getting :bfn:. I'm using internet cheapies. I am also beginning to feel some more pronounced cramping - maybe my period is about to start.

This afternoon will be 8dp5dt.

Sadly, I have no plan B.

Thank you. I wouldn't give up hope just yet Cranberry. You're still in your tww right? And the cramping could be implantation. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. :hugs: That goes for you too Brandi. I have my fc for both of you. Hope we start getting some bfps in here!

@Bluberri: AI has always been on the cards for me. It just makes sense. I hope you feel comfortable enough to post here. Everyone's lovely. and if you have any donation related questions or just fancy a chat, please dont hesitate to inbox me.

Donation is great! If it wasn't for donation, I wouldn't have my youngest.

Hi. Can I come join your thread? I didn't realise that there were so many people planning to go it alone on here.

I'm single, 27 years old and a student. I plan to start TTC next spring, starting at some point between March and June, depending on whether I can get a job straight after qualifying.

I have been looking in to sperm banks in Denmark because of their anonymous donors. I was thinking self insemination, but have also started looking into clinics over there to see if they treat women from England.

Cranberry, I'm so sorry. Good luck for next month :hugs:

Aww Cranberry, so sorry, but lots of :dust: for next month!

Hey Catie, welcome. I haven't been on here for long but I was really happy to find this thread. Its comforting to know there are other women ttc on their own. I'll be doing it AI with a donor from a sperm donation site. What made you consider Denmark instead of the clinics in the UK?

I know, it's so nice to have found this thread. I'm WTT at the moment, and think I'm the only one on there, that I've 'spoken to' at least who is going it alone.

I decided to look in to other countries as I didn't like the fact that sperm donors are not anonymous here. I had a bit of a panic about what happens. I mean, does the child just get a letter on their 18th birthday from the clinic saying 'congratulations, your father is...?'

In Denmark, clinics also sell sperm direct to women, which means that it is less clinical. However, I have now started looking in to clinics, but they also look less clinical than the UK. I also like the fact that, with sperm from Denmark, my future child is less likely to meet a half sibling.

I think it also works out cheaper even with paying for flights to Denmark, from what I can remember - it has been a couple of years since I started looking into it, and I looked in to the UK option quite early on.

I'm not sure that I would be brave enough to do it via a sperm donor site. I know a couple of women who have, and it's been absolutely fine for them. But I just like the idea that the sperm has been checked in a clinic.

So you're about to start TTC? Let us know how you get on

I've never considered that another country might work out cheaper. It can be very pricey here, which was part of the reason I decided to go the other route. But I understand why you'd prefer complete anonymity, and also lessening the chance of your child running into their half brother/sister.

As far as im aware the process with clinics here is that once the child turns 18 they have the right to inquire about their donor father. I don't think they get a "hey im your dad" card though lol. I've heard some horror stories about donor sites but I've also heard a lot of successful ones. Personally i've been in contact with my donor for months, and he'll be providing current sti test results. When i started thinking about ttc i initially wanted a completely anonymous donor, so i was looking into clinics, but since then I've realised i would like my child to have the opportunity to know their bio dad, should they choose to. And luckily, my donor is ok with that.

I'll be ttc next from tuesday till thursday. Fingers crossed! When do you think you'll be ttc?

Good luck for next week!

I'm probably looking at somewhere between March and June to start TTC. I finish uni in March and I need to get a job afterwards. Fortunately, I'm employed by the NHS to be a student, and when I qualify, I'll continue to work in the NHS, so my continuity of service will continue, which will mean proper maternity pay and what not

Haven't been on here for a few days - Aw hugs Cranberry! Lots of baby dust your way for next month! X fingers. :(.
Another fertile cycle over for me now - the tww begins :(. I'm not certain though, my past two cycles I've had hardly any egg white CM - so I hope it means I'm not ovulating properly. My last cycle was late - monthly came about 8 days late; so of course that's put this month behind too. I've got a maybe baby ovulation test on its way - have any of you heard of those? Hoping it'll help me out to pinpoint ovulation so we can get things under way on the right date.

Big welcome Caite! I'm doing it self-insemination, But I've been going for 7 cycles now - so am going to have to start looking into other options I think. Which is a bummer. My donor is soooooooo nice, and he's living in NZ with English blood - just like me. I was really stoked to be able to continue to british blood through my baby - without being in England! I found him on a NZ sperm donor site too. I'd much prefer to go through a clinic; but there are very few options with that sort of thing here :(. He's really nice though - we have a contract; and he's shown me all his STI checks and health check etc - so he's one of the few good ones. To be safe; after our first cycle I also got a health check myself - juuuuust to be sure - but it all came back clear :).

That's interesting your country don't offer anon donors! I guess each persons requirements would be different; but I think if I couldn't have my donor - I'd prefer an anonymous one.

Goodluck with your TTC Melody!! X fingers and lots of baby dust!!

Good luck for the TWW KN.

I think it was back in 2005 that they changed the laws about sperm and egg donation and made it all non-anonymous.

Aww thank you ladies! :hugs:

Catie - That makes sense you want to wait till you're settled in a job. I'm a permanent member of staff where i work, so the job security is good. My company have great maternity leave, so that's one less thing to stress about.

KN - Your donor sounds awesome, and very reassuring which is great. Fx for you this cycle. I really hope you get that bfp!!!

Well i got my first positive opk yesterday, and another today. So its all system's go. My cp is high but I don't have that ewcm like i did this time last cycle which is a bit worrying, but im trying to stay positive. I'll be inseminating today, tomorrow, and thursday!

Good luck Melody

I'm hoping there is a job where I'm training at the moment - the managers think there will be

...and im back! How has everyone been? Have I missed anything?

I've just got back from the hotel. I was there for two days, and my donor donated on both days. I'm officially in the 2ww as of today! So i'm joining you KN. Fx for us both! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->