Any solo mum's out there?

Wow Brandi, that's quite a story :). Good luck with your new relationship and with your next try.

AFM: Well I went in for my suppression check this morning. I was freaking out a bit because I was cramping and spotting. Turns out my coordinator didn't tell me this would happen. I just thought my lining would be so thin nothing would be there to shed. Anyway, all is on track for my FET on Oct 22. I continue Lupron (which is making me a crazy mess) and start estrogen tomorrow. I'm doing all of this while starting work with a new team. Not the best timing I'm afraid.

I also forked over $3500 today. I am so afraid for my one little frosted and all I'm risking for this second kid :shrug:

Trying to give myself a kick in the butt

Oh good luck Melody! I was hoping others would think it was a good idea. I know that there are solo-parenting threads around, but I struggled to find a 'planned' solo parent thread. It's a lot different going through the TTC stage alone, compared to with someone.

your so right. I had a look in the single parent, but the majority were either recently divorced, or recently single.

Im looking forward to going through this journey with you ladies :hugs:

I am 4.5 weeks today. I got to see my lil pumpkin!!!!! I go back a week from Monday to hear the heart beat!!! :)

I am 4.5 weeks today. I got to see my lil pumpkin!!!!! I go back a week from Monday to hear the heart beat!!! :)

That's amazing birdlee! :happydance: congratulations!

How's everyone else doing? Its drawing ever closer to my ttc time. November 3rd if everything goes to plan.

o0oo That's so cool! Hearing the heartbeat is the best ever :). I haven't ever heard my own child, Because I dont have a child - But I know the scans that I've been too - it's the best sound ever.

Hi Ladies! I'm Brandi, single mom to Zoe, Isaiah, and Anberlin, and 5 days ago, I had a tubal reversal done. My youngest daughter was conceived via a known donor and we stayed friends over the last 3 years. He has stopped donating, but agreed to donate to me again so our daughter could have a full sibling. Over the last few months, though, sparks kind of began to fly so we're giving a relationship a try. He still lives about an hour away from me so I still am kinda doing this all on my own.

I can start TTC on November 5 when my 6 weeks recovery is up. I look forward to getting to know you guys!

Welcome Brandi! Wow, that's amazing - Can I ask, What exactly is a tubal reversal? (Sorry, not so good with all of the ttc terms and names etc for things!). That's good he's going to continue donating for you, full sibling aside - at least you know him already - and he knows you. And if sparks fly; then even better. :). Good luck for your journey!!

I've got another week to go before my monthly is due - but I'm not feeling any different at all. Didn't have a whole lot of ovulation symptoms like normal - So I'm thinking I may have ovulated early, we'll see. It can be so tricky sometimes. Bodies are weird things! 7 months trying so far. Wish there was a reason i knew why it hadn't worked so far! Maybe I've read too many, "first success" stories! Positive thoughts and baby dust to you all!! Baby growing dust to you Birdlee ;).

Wow Brandi, that's quite a story :). Good luck with your new relationship and with your next try.

AFM: Well I went in for my suppression check this morning. I was freaking out a bit because I was cramping and spotting. Turns out my coordinator didn't tell me this would happen. I just thought my lining would be so thin nothing would be there to shed. Anyway, all is on track for my FET on Oct 22. I continue Lupron (which is making me a crazy mess) and start estrogen tomorrow. I'm doing all of this while starting work with a new team. Not the best timing I'm afraid.

I also forked over $3500 today. I am so afraid for my one little frosted and all I'm risking for this second kid :shrug:

Aww - Goodluck for it all!. Hoping it works out the best for you, working with a new team can be hard enough - without the added hormones huh! Are you not eligible for govt funding or anything? Or are you just choosing not to take it? I looked into IUI if in-home doesn't work, but the cost in NZ - goodbye saving hahaa. All worth it though :).

K.N. - After my youngest daughter was born in 2011, I had my tubes tied. I had surgery two weeks ago to untie them (tubal reversal)

K.N. - After my youngest daughter was born in 2011, I had my tubes tied. I had surgery two weeks ago to untie them (tubal reversal)

Ohh ok - I thought that's what it would be; but just had to double check - never can be too sure!

Aww - Goodluck for it all!. Hoping it works out the best for you, working with a new team can be hard enough - without the added hormones huh! Are you not eligible for govt funding or anything? Or are you just choosing not to take it? I looked into IUI if in-home doesn't work, but the cost in NZ - goodbye saving hahaa. All worth it though :).

K.N. I'm in the US. I'm using private insurance. It was more generous than most. But I exhausted my benefits having the first kid. Now I have to pay out of pocket for most of it.

Hey ladies,

Just a little update. I had an internal exam at the hospital a week ago due to some previous worries regaridng my heavy/irregular periods. Turns out I have a few cysts on my overies. It might not be full blown PCOS but just means it could take a bit longer for me to get pregnant.

Still, im hopeful that i'll get my BFP once i begin ttc. I move over begining of November. not long now!

Hows everyone else doing? xxx

Hey ladies,

Just a little update. I had an internal exam at the hospital a week ago due to some previous worries regaridng my heavy/irregular periods. Turns out I have a few cysts on my overies. It might not be full blown PCOS but just means it could take a bit longer for me to get pregnant.

Still, im hopeful that i'll get my BFP once i begin ttc. I move over begining of November. not long now!

Hows everyone else doing? xxx

Heya; Thanks for the update! That's 'sucky' news :(. Would feel like such a setback :(. Hopefully it's not full blown, and that it doesn't put too much of a delay on the ttc process! Blowing lots of baby dust your way!

Speaking of baby dust; I'm currently 5 days late for my monthly - normally would be "YAY" - But I tested when I was 2 days late, and turned up a negative. Not really experiencing any symptoms either, so that's a bit of a worry. Trying to stay positive! But also not holding my breath, way back in may I was 12 days late - and no positive pregnancy; so I'm hoping it's not a repeat. It threw my cycle out of whack for a little after, and it's only just got back to normal again! Will keep you all updated! Going to retest on Tuesday if there's still no monthly by then. Fingers crossed it will be a positive! Would be nice! We'll see :).

Yeah i was a bit bummed but then I thought to myself that I haven't even tried yet. November will be my first time ttc so I shouldn't give up before I've even started. My doctor seems hopeful as my periods are regular just long. I do ovulate as I have been charting with OPKs for a few months, so not all bad news.

She did say that it is a good time to start ttc as I'm still young and it could take a while.

Thanks for the baby dust. Sprinkling lots your way too. I hope you get your BFP!! x

Yeah i was a bit bummed but then I thought to myself that haven't even tried yet. November will be my first time ttc so I shouldn't give up before I've even started. My doctor seems hopeful as my are regular just long. I do ovulate as I have been charting with OPKs for a few month,s so not all bad news.

Definitely - You never know the course nature will take, people with no health complications can take ages to conceive, Yet people with many complications can conceive quickly. All comes down to timing, and luck really if the little swimmers make it to their destination or not.
Oh also, no BFP in my house yet - monthly came last night - so guttered. But at the same time expected it. Another month ahead I guess then :).

Sorry you didnt get your bfp this month :sad1:

I have a feeling November is going to be lucky for us all so fingers crossed :dust:

Hi Ladies!!

I haven't posted on the forum much but I saw this post and had to reply

After a change in my life circumstances, I'm just starting to look into becoming a solo mummy, Its all a bit mind boggling still so much to look into and consider before I can actually start the process of treatment, I hope I can still post on the thread even tho I am at the very start of my journey.

Fairytales xx

Hi ladies, I'm a month out from embryo transfer. Just started Lupron last night. I worry about resting after the transfer because my almost 2 year old will most definitely want to be lifted up every second of the day. As a single parent with no family around, these things get real challenging.

Good luck during the tww birdies and all the best for the next try kn.

Hope it all goes well. What made you decide to go at it solo, if you don't mind me asking? Haven't found any other single lesbians ttc on here lol.

Hi ladies, I'm a month out from embryo transfer. Just started Lupron last night. I worry about resting after the transfer because my almost 2 year old will most definitely want to be lifted up every second of the day. As a single parent with no family around, these things get real challenging.

Good luck during the tww birdies and all the best for the next try kn.

Hope it all goes well. What made you decide to go at it solo, if you don't mind me asking? Haven't found any other single lesbians ttc on here lol.

Melody, I decided to go solo a year after my partner and I broke up. I was not ready to invest in a new relationship then add a new baby to the mix. I felt it would be a recipe for disaster. I didn't have time to do relationship, let it bake then have the baby. I was pushing 37 when the breakup happened.

AFM: Embry transfer tomorrow and because I screwed up my days, my donor (a friend and father of my toddler) will be taking me to my appointments and picking the kid up from daycare. This kind of convoluted scenarios only happen to me :haha:

Hi Ladies!!

I haven't posted on the forum much but I saw this post and had to reply

After a change in my life circumstances, I'm just starting to look into becoming a solo mummy, Its all a bit mind boggling still so much to look into and consider before I can actually start the process of treatment, I hope I can still post on the thread even tho I am at the very start of my journey.

Fairytales xx

Course you can post! Welcome :). Nice to have someone else to talk with too. Goodluck with the start of your journey!

Hope everything goes well Cranberry! That's nice of your donor to do :). All the best x

Sorry you didnt get your bfp this month :sad1:

I have a feeling November is going to be lucky for us all so fingers crossed :dust:

Hahaa thanks Melody! I'm hoping so! November would be a perfect month! :). We decided that we wouldn't go over December - Donor has 2 of his own kids - by his own; i mean kids he hasn't donated for hahaa. So he wants to spend xmas with them - And I have my own siblings and family, so figured we would have a break over December - But he's happy to start again january, just hope we don't have too!

Cranberry: I know what you mean. I've seriously wanted children for about 4 years now but I did not want to wait for the possibility of maybe meting the right person. I don't see myself getting into a serious relationship for a while, and now with the possible pcos, i'd rather start ttc now.

KN: Well I've got my fingers crossed for you next month!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->