Any Soy experts out there? Have I bought the right things? How do I take them?

cazi77

Mummy to my 2 girls x
Reaction score
Hiya hoping someone can help. Next month I plan to try these. I'm not sure they are the right things so i've taken a pic. How do I take them (when etc) Thanks for your help.

P3010191.jpg

P3010194.jpg

from what i can see you have 23mg of soy in each tablet. they usually say to start off low (usually double the does of clomid) ie 100mg or as close to 100mg as you can get!

if you want lots of eggs take it early at around CD2 for 5 days:

CD2 - 100mg
CD3 - 100mg
CD4 - 100mg
CD5 - 100mg
CD6 - 100mg

or if you want one good strong egg take it from CD4 for 5 days as above.

Warning - if you ovulate normally and have regular cycles do not use a high dose it can make your cycles worse.
They recommend you do not take more than 250mg a day as it can stop you from ovulating.....this happened to me on 200mg a day!

You can increase your dose over the 5 days ie

CD2 - 50mg
CD3 - 50mg
CD4 - 100mg
CD5 - 100mg
CD6 - 150mg
i personally recommend this method as it seems to have better results.

I hope this helps :)
michelle

from what i can see you have 23mg of soy in each tablet. they usually say to start off low (usually double the does of clomid) ie 100mg or as close to 100mg as you can get!

CD2 - 100mg
CD3 - 100mg
CD4 - 100mg
CD5 - 100mg
CD6 - 100mg

Warning - if you ovulate normally and have regular cycles do not use a high dose it can make your cycles worse.
They recommend you do not take more than 250mg a day as it can stop you from ovulating.....this happened to me on 200mg a day!

CD2 - 50mg
CD3 - 50mg
CD4 - 100mg
CD5 - 100mg
CD6 - 150mg

michelle

Thank you so much for your help very much appreciated. :flower:

I conceived the month I tried Soy, planning to try it again depending when I get AF. Good luck.

CD2 - 100mg
CD3 - 100mg
CD4 - 100mg
CD5 - 100mg
CD6 - 100mg

CD2 - 50mg
CD3 - 50mg
CD4 - 100mg
CD5 - 100mg
CD6 - 150mg

michelle

Thank you so much for your help very much appreciated. :flower:

I got a BFP the first time I used it (sadly ended in miscarriage at 16/17 weeks but obviously nothing to do with the soy)

I used the ones you're using, from Holland and Barratt. I think they're 23mg?

I took:-

CD2 46mg
CD3 92mg
CD4 92mg
CD5 138mg
CD6 184mg

Hope that helps xxx

Ive just taken the Soy this cycle on CD3-CD7 for one strong egg, see if its 2nd time lucky off Soy :thumbup:

Good luck

Out of curiosity- would you advise against taking it if you ovulate totally fine on your own??? I took Clomid and had an IUI ( sperm issues) .. but after the m/c my doc said I'd have to wait 3 months before taking Clomid again. I *AM* praying I get preggo on my own in between then- but what are your thoughts about taking soy if everything is fine on my end?

Holly when i took it the first time i have a regular af cycle and ovulated every month. I got my BFP 1st time off it. In some women it can bring forward or delay your ovulation, on rare occassions some women have not ovulated at all that cycle.

Its like Clomid it will either work for you or it wont, but many ladies have got their BFP off it and its a natural sustitute to Clomid.

Ok cool- I guess I could give it a try ... any thoughts on baby aspirin too??

I did a thread on here asking about it, some women take straight away and others once they get a BFP, im not too sure if to try or not yet :wacko:

I am not sure either- although I am leaning towards taking it. I've read that as long as it's baby aspirin- it really can't hurt- and 1 of my good friends that had 2 miscarriages was advised to try it- her next pregnancy went great- and she is pregnant again 8 months afterward and still taking it- plus I read *so* many women who have had miscarriages take it- and I don't want to miscarry 2-3 times before it's advised that I try it- I'd rather give it a whirl NOW .. I don't EVER want to go through this again if I can help it! thanks for your opinion! :)

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone knows whether the soy isoflavones should be taken by women who have endo? There are some people that say that eating soy can aggravate endo (and some that say that eating soy helps endo) - but I'm not sure if this only relates to eating soy based foods or does it apply to the isoflavones as well?
Hoping someone can advise, thanks xx

i took it for two cyles and got preg on my 2nd cycle,the dosage i took was 200mg days 5-9...miscarried but am going to try again when i have my next af.

thanks girls will try this me thinks..
any help will do

Here's two threads about it sweetie x

https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/387010-soy-isoflavones-poll.html

https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-groups/271211-soy-isoflavones-natures-clomid.html

Hey ladies... Im taking soy this month. Im taking it days 3-7! On cd4 atm. Iv started on 80mg as im nervous about it messing with my cycle... Do you think this dose will be good enough?

Just curious.... Is it days 1-5 and 2-6 that give more eggs? My DB has poor sperm so more eggs would equal a higher chance of conceiving right??

CD2-CD6 gives you more eggs that i know of :thumbup:

Whatever mg's of Soy you take its half of what Clomid users take, so if you take 80mg's of Soy its equivalent to 40mg's of Clomid x

I might up the last 3 doses this month to 120mg then? Iv read about ladies taking 80 but didnt realise it'd only equal 40mg of clomid. :dohh:

Its whatever you feel comfortable with, i know i was nervous first time i took it but it got my bfp back in november, just hope it does it again :happydance: you'll be fine sweetie gl xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->