Any summer 2016 babies?

Grrrrrr I am clearblue cross!

Finally got my last digi out of the cupboard hoping for my 3+ and found this!? I obviously didn't read the pack properly but I didn't even know they did mixed packs. I feel tricked.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 14
Oh no, I almost bought one of those packs as well!

Clearly a sign you should leave the testing for a bit longer!:)

You're right! I might not even bother now as only 9 days until my scan and at least it was a nice bright line!

Good luck for yours tomorrow

I'm not happy with Clearblue at the moment either. I bought a double box of the Clearblue Easy test, with each box containing two tests. None of them worked at all, not even a control line.

The box for the double is very confusing, its not clear at all what you are getting. How frustrating for you JJay.

Hope everyone had a good day. For once, I actually got a lie in until 8am so feeling pretty good.

Glad you got a lie in Miss B, I was up a few times in the night but also had a nice lie in this morning :) that's rotten that neither of your tests worked - I bet if you complain to Clearblue they will send you a free pack.

I couldn't resist the digis at the supermarket this afternoon but pleased to have my 3+

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 4
Whoops edited earlier post as I meant to say didn't even get a control line. I did another first response one step and got such a strong line the control was barely visible.

Great to see you got your 3 week digi :)

Jjay that's great, yay!:)

I've not done my digi yet, I guess I'll do it tomorrow. Not sure whether to use fmu though as I seem to get stronger lines in the afternoons, and I have to use toilet at night as well.

Miss Bellum, getting to sleep until 8 am, that's amazing! DD woke me up at 6.30 am today when she needed the loo. :(

My morning sickness has been better today, I got some sea-bands and popped them on today before I even got up and think they are helping. The edge of the nausea is gone, not sure if it is some sort of placebo effect or if the bands actually work, but either way I've felt better than yesterday. The other thing I've done is to keep eating, small portions in frequent intervals, just a slice of toast with some cheese, then another one maybe one or max two hours later and so on.
The good news is I've gone off chocolate and coffee, I usually can't resist either!!! The bad news is I keep craving salty unhealthy stuff like crackers and crisps, they really help with nausea as well.
I'm so gonna put on weight with this pregnancy.:(

Glad your ms has been better today.

She did wake up at 4:30 but I was able to get her back in bed, was amazed she slept through till 8.

I think I will struggle with weight too :( Trying to keep up with exercise and to eat sensibly but its tough. Perhaps you could try something like snackajacks or flavoured rice cakes?

I know I will struggle with weight :( I put on 70lb with DD, lost 60 then fell pregnant with DS a year later. Tried hard not to put on as much but still ended up +60lb so back where I was! Lost 50lb since I had him but am still net 20lb up since before children. As this will be our last I'm determined to get back to a healthy bmi afterwards.

I finally did my digi this morning after maybe 4-5 hour hold, it's 3+ weeks.:happydance:

https://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u564/hmh3101/Mobile%20Uploads/d47daca7-805e-42a3-afd1-d1f21666898f_zps5yf5zyzi.jpg

Phew, such a relief.

I was the same as you Jay with my last pregnancy, I put on lots of weight but I was never actually weighed so don't know how much exactly. I lost most of it quite quickly because I was breastfeeding, but 10 mlbs decided to stick around. I was 32/33 then so I'm sure the struggle with weight won't be any easier this time.

I was sick this morning. :( Think I have to start having something to eat next to bed that I can snack on before getting up, had the same with the last pregnancy.

Miss Bellum are you gonna get more tests? You don't have any early scans booked do you?

I have my first GP appointment on Wednesday, and still haven't decided which hospital I want. Have to make up my mind soon.

dimmu - glad your morning sickness is feeling better! hope it keeps at bay. Congrats on your 3+! I had never heard of those tests until the recent threads. I may try to get some for later if I can find some that match my stage.

Today I felt strangely alright, which just made me a bit depressed, lol! I know it's silly since when you really ARE sick and can't concentrate on work/chores and it's hard to deal with the kids etc., it just really sucks! I feel like I should be productive as I can, before the sickness starts!

I have my scan tomorrow and I'm more than half expecting a negative result, but trying to stay positive. How are you struggling with it JJay?

For dimmu and others that struggle with snacks and tend to crave salty things (I hear you completely)... so I recently discovered Vegemite! I guess it's the Australian counterpart of Marmite. I often find myself spreading it thinly on rice crackers or toast with a bit of butter and/or sharp cheese :)

Yay Dimmu hurray for 3+!

Yes breastfeeding lost the weight for me too so I will do that again this time around. I am feeling similar to previous pregnancies too. Not sick but tired and nauseous and craving comfort food like bread and cheesey things rather than fruit and veg!

Exciting that you have your appointment this week and Eva has her scan :)

Has anyone considered the harmony/panorama test? This wasn't around when we had DD and DS so I didn't do any kind of screening. Now there is a non evasive test and I'm a few years older I am tempted, although it's very expensive.

Hi Eva, I think we posted at the same time! I will have everything crossed for you tomorrow. I am very nervous too especially as the scan will be in a 'bad news room' for me. I keep imagining the same will happen again but try to keep telling myself it's more likely to be OK than not. Even if the scan is fine I know I will still worry until the next one! If my scan on the 19th Dec goes well I think I will be able to relax more X

Good luck with you scan tomorrow eva, hope it all goes smoothly.

Jjay I've considered harmony/panorama but they are very costly, around £500 here in London. I think I would see first how things go in the 12 week scan.

Today has been a bit of a hit and miss, some nausea, vomited once this afternoon but managed to take DD out to the local park on a play date and got through that without feeling too bad, just a bit nauseous towards the end.

Dimmu - I did get some more first response tests. Compared them to my first set of tests . Interesting comparison. Good to hear the sea bands are helping with the sickness. Great news on your digi.

I found bf did help keep my weight under control and when I stopped I put on a lot of weight. This time round I do intend to be careful what I eat and try to start exercising as soon as I can after.

Good luck at the GP - do you need to make up your mind on hospitals this early?

Eva - Glad you had a good day. One of the joys of pregnancy, either suffering from symptoms or worrying about none! Good luck for your scan tomorrow, hope all is well.

I'm a big fan of Marmite too, yummy! I found some Marmite flavour babybel cheeses which were great!

Jjay - I thought the Harmony test was available on NHS but I cant find anything about it so maybe not? I did consider it for my last pregnancy and would consider this time if it is on NHS. The outcome wouldn't affect anything but it would be good to get prepared.

Attachments

• 2015 tests.jpg
    2015 tests.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 2012 tests.jpg
    2012 tests.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 6
Miss B your line is so dark now you can hardly see the control line! Progression looks good!

Eva, how was your scan? Hope all was well.

The harmony/panorama tests are around £500 here too (I live in Northumberland) ive found an online one that's £340. They send you out a kit and you can pay around £15 at hospital for them to draw your blood then you send it off. I'm undecided yet, I'll probably see how the NT test goes first, I've not had one before so need to do some research on what's a good measurement.

Sorry you're still feeling sick Dimmu, I'm feeling a bit better today which makes me uneasy - I wish I good just enjoy the times where I've got a bit more energy!

Thank you ladies for your support and good wishes! The scan went well. I was dated at 6w5d (1 day later than I calculated). So - a temporary moment of relief! :)

JJay I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you too! That's harder it's the same room... yikes. At least I had a different building, different people. You are right though -- it's waaay more likely that everything is just OK :)

Marmite flavoured cheese? Nice :) Sorry about the vomiting, dimmu :-/

Yay Dimmu hurray for 3+!

Has anyone considered the harmony/panorama test? This wasn't around when we had DD and DS so I didn't do any kind of screening. Now there is a non evasive test and I'm a few years older I am tempted, although it's very expensive.

Hmm, thanks for bringing it up! I guess I should ask my doctor about it. It sounds like what I had done in Germany with my sons. It was covered, I think, with DS2 since I was 35... with DS1 I was 32 and I think I paid about 150 Euro to have it done along with the nuchal scan. I would do it again - but need to see what my options are here (cost-wise) in Australia.

:happydance: Eva fab news on the scan! I will be similar when I go for mine on Monday. 7.1 by lmp but I ovulate late so maybe a couple of days behind that. What did you see on the scan?

Jjay - I didn’t realise how expensive the harmony test was. Think I might wait for the nt test too.

Glad you are feeling a bit better today.

Eva, fab news on the scan! How reassuring.

The insomnia seems to be the worst symptom for me. Getting very fed up of waking in the early hours and not being able to sleep.

Eva, that's great about the scan, yay! Hope you feel a bit more relaxed now. When will you be having your next scan?

Jjay that's quite a good deal for the harmony test, I've only seen them for £500. I will definitely wait until I have the results of the NT scan before making the decision. How are you feeling today?

Miss B that sounds awful. Do you suffer from insomnia anyway, or is it something linked to pregnancy only? Poor you, I hope you slept better last night.

Sorry for being so quiet yesterday, I had my worst day in terms of MS so far. Was sick twice before I even left for work, the commute was awful but managed to get through it, but was sick again as soon as I got to work. The whole morning was awful, the afternoon was ok and in the evening I was sick again. Exactly the same pattern as with my last pregnancy.

Today I feel better, I've only been sick once, and I'm armed with sandwiches and crackers so that I can keep eating to keep the nausea away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->