any super savers out there???

Well with all this snow about, not spending any money at the shops as haven't been out! Got Dr this afternoon so venturing out then, but that's it!

Sure we will have spent lots on the gas central heating as its constantly on! though

xxx

no snow here but its really really really cold even the dog is under the quilt ( im off work sick think i had the tail end of the flu) we are trying not to put the heating on to muh so we dont have bills throught the roof but our house is so hard to keep warm with the windows in every single room that are abit old our bathroom is single glazed no doble glazeing in there and in our lounge we have a massize double door so the majority of my curtains are still closed today we are waiting to be paid we are skint the whole christmas messing up when we get paid has hit us well and truely and my shopping trip didnt help :D but its the last shopping trip i will have for a long time. DH has said that after bills and savings we will both have £100 a month to spend on ourselves that includes nights out so my plan is to spend as little of it as i can and what ever i have left can go for savings to I will be having massages thought and the odd night out so will maybe spend £60 of it every other month :D

Aw hope you are feeling better, our cat gets under the quilt to :) I often leave our curtains closed to keep the house warmer, we have double glazing but the windows don't all close properly, so it makes no difference! What did you get on your shopping trip? we all have to have a treat every now and then :) I order LO lots of bits from the next sale-luckily most were paid were paid with a gift card we got for xmas :) Aw its good you still have some money to spend on you, and you can still save some :)

xxx

Got some tops skirt bag pair of shoes a new lunch box and thermos spend about £200 as last blow out before saving but I got some stuff for me and for house we are feeling it now though and we are skint till he gets paid but then we will be back on track we are.lucky with his wage and mine we can save a good bit as we have lived off around £800 a month up untill November I'm on about 600-700 now as I reduced my hours to be with fur baby and so I can do diploma work and I can confirm me have a small dusting and it's now snowing again :D

Aw it sounds like you had a good shopping spreee :) hehe :) well if you have lived off less money before sure you can do it again :) We have had loads of snow ( and its still snowing) I am sitting in bed, dressed with my dressing gown on its so cold. LO is ""stuck at my parents-they live on a big hill and only 4x4 are getting up it-with trouble. DH is going to get him after he finishes work. Dh has gone down to a 4 day week for this month, works so quiet, so we need to TRY save even more money!

We have a bread maker but not actually convinced its cheaper to make your own bread as we always buy it in the eve when its reduced, although it tastes nice with homemade soup yummy :)

Trying to think of other ways to save, we use money supermarket for most things or go compare for car, home, cat insurance.

I pay £10 a month for my mob (its an old blackberry) and DH spend £8 with vodafone. Mine is capped so I never go over my mins text, and DH only did when we were sorting our mortgage out in Aug ringing solicitors at work.

Food we spend £160 a month, I mostly meal plan. Plus £30 ish I reckon on take aways (that could go)

Tv licence, elect, gas, water, pet insurance are all paid by DD ( we get a discount on gas and electric for paying DD.

We have a breakdown plan £18 ish a month for boiler, with LO we cant be without this, BUT because we didnt call them out last year you get half your money back :)

cat food we always buy on 3for 2, she is on hills sience plan, we get it from Pets at home.

Hmm sure there must be other ways we can save!!!

Bit worried about DH 4 day week, even though need him at home to help me when I am ill.

xxxx

We had a lot of snow from about 4 am onwards as DH decided tgere wasn't enought snow to stop him cycling to work :S hope he got there ok. I'm on pay as you go with a old old phone as my iPhone broke and I'm not paying £60 to get the screen fixed so use my old old phone as don't really want bits of screen getting imbedded in my ear lol. DH has a hand me Down blackberry from my stepdad and I was sneaky to save money I have nicked one of their collection of dog coats to walk fur baby in as he ate the buckle on his and don't want to have to get a taxi to pets at home seeing as the bus probably won't be reliable at all today. I'm defrosting at the moment it's so cold out

I did type a post out-Not sure where it went!

Your DH is brave for cycling in the snow, hope he is ok, is it far? Dont blame yoy for not getting your iphone fixed. Aw cute he has a little coat :) Hope you warmed up.

xxxx

I did type a post out-Not sure where it went!

Your DH is brave for cycling in the snow, hope he is ok, is it far? Dont blame yoy for not getting your iphone fixed. Aw cute he has a little coat :) Hope you warmed up.

xxxx

Yer it's abit of a way he said he got in ok but was skidding a lot on the way home he is waking up earlier tomorrow so he can walk. I did defrost lol the snow is still coming down planned a day out with mum stepdad and their dog so no cost for me :D gonna take a thermos with some coffe in and dry clothes I do have to say milo is so cute he melts my heart good job to seeing as I have to brave the snow to go get him a can of dog food tomorrow or I might just nick some off my mum :D my poor mum lol she lives just across the road

Hope DH gets on better walking. We bought some bits from aldi, came to £12 I am making a courgette cake, not sure how its going to turn out! Bought 4pts of milk for £1, thats should last DH a while.

We are having homemade pizza for tea :) Yummy. We got some money today off my grandad today, thats gone straight towards the driveway :)

Mum got some books out of the libary and have stolen one to try and read, since I have been ill with PND I can hardly concentrate, but will give it a go. reading is a free ( if you get books from libiary and remember to take them back on time!) hobby.

Wow so handy your mum lives across the rd, that you can borrow bits, or go round there, believe me once you have your LO, you will want your mums help. I would be lost all my parents do for me.

Aw milo sounds cute, can you post a photo of him?Enjoy the rest of your day-keep warm :)

xxxx

Hope DH gets on better walking. We bought some bits from aldi, came to £12 I am making a courgette cake, not sure how its going to turn out! Bought 4pts of milk for £1, thats should last DH a while.

We are having homemade pizza for tea :) Yummy. We got some money today off my grandad today, thats gone straight towards the driveway :)

Mum got some books out of the libary and have stolen one to try and read, since I have been ill with PND I can hardly concentrate, but will give it a go. reading is a free ( if you get books from libiary and remember to take them back on time!) hobby.

Wow so handy your mum lives across the rd, that you can borrow bits, or go round there, believe me once you have your LO, you will want your mums help. I would be lost all my parents do for me.

Aw milo sounds cute, can you post a photo of him?Enjoy the rest of your day-keep warm :)

xxxx

yer untill we move we cant stay here and have babies the house is just to cold im sat here under the quilt as i dont want to have the heating on all day i grab a blanket as soon as i get in from work aswell when the heating is on not good the weathers abit rubbish here its all of a sudden turned completely freezeing so we havent gone out but plan to tomorrow. I have a kobo got it as a xmas gift off the DH so i get the free books off it :D I also knit and crochet when I have a shot of inspiration I need to get some nice baby yarn thought as need to get going on a blanket for a friend.
I cant remember how to :( I'll pm you my fb details and u shall have to add me on there Im forever posting pics of him

Awwwww that would be great thank you would love to see him :)

Great you get free books :) That`s great you can knit and crochet, I cant used to be able to finger knit! Haha! Sweet you are going to do a blanket for your friend. Our next door neighbor made us a little cardigan for little one its wayyy to small now, but I cant part with it, so sure the blanket will be appreciated.

We are curled up watching a dvd.

Have a good eve.

xxx

I haven't made anything for a while now just haven't had time or money for new yarn. I'm curled up on soda watching what ever film is in e4 and unfortunately not a great evening

:( sorry you are not having a good eve, Hope you are ok?

No I imagen knitting is pretty time consuming, and takes concentration too. I bought LO a dvd from the charity shop up the road, not sure if you have any near you but they had lots of wool for 99p I think, but not sure if you need special wool for your blanket. I used to do cross stitch and know that the thread had different thickness.

xxx

Ha-Its ok I got what you ment :)

xxxx

sorry everyone half asleep these days i am doing everything to save so created a new facebook to add saving tips top deals and meal ideas etc and see if we can save and even made money this year:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/231504243651969/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->