• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

any teen mums going to breastfeed??

Beth_18

Reaction score
is anyone in here going to breast feed or has or is breastfeeding??

alot of my friend look at me like im wired when i tell them im goin to brestfeed!
is it cuz im a teen mum ???

Im going to breast feed aswell! i think its just the fact we are teens that people look at us funny lol XX

i know yeah. i think its cuz im usally a shy person lol

I'm going to breastfeed, try atleast. I'm usually a shy person too and the only thing that puts me off is having to do it when i visit family or go out somewhere.

i breastfed amber, didnt last long though.
she was very demanding, i hardly got any sleep since before went into labour, i was wrecked after i had her. when day 4 came when my milk came in, omg my breasts were like rock and where so sore, amber wasnt happy, in end went to bottles, breastfeeding just werent for me x

I'm not a teen for much longer but i'm not going to breast feed i find it weird i know its not but thats just my personal opinion

Breastfeeding wasn't for me :)

I don't think it's the fact that you're a teenager that your friends look at you funny when you say you're going to breastfeed,it's the fact that your friends are teenagers. :)

Im not going to breast feed due to the medication Im on.
But if you want to try it then thats really great!! Like Nikky said,Its because your friends are teenagers!
Xx

I want to because it's better for the baby and might help me lose the weight faster, but I still would prefer to bottle feed, my mother didn't with me or my siblings, we're all fine.. and none of my young mom friends have breastfed at all.

they probably look at you wierd cause it's something they've not thought of... at least that would be my guess. I breastfed my son and before I got pregnant and went on one of these boards it's not something I had ever thought of - I was 23 at the time and the thought had never crossed my mind.

I dont think they'de do it too mean any harm, but because there still young too, and wont have any real knowlege of breastfeeding may find it slightly strange... i know before i was pregnant & read the books on it i didnt have much knowlege and would have found it strange... i never thought i wud be breastfeeding but since ive been pregnant changed my mind.

X

I was decided that i was gonna bottle feed, but im havin second thoughts bout it. my sister was bottle fed nd she is ok nd so were my two cousins. but then im thinkin that i shud take breast feedin into consideration... dunno im undecided atm

I'm definitely going to breastfeed, well try and hope it's right for me.
I'll find it weird when I'm out in public but expressing milk is the future apparently haha so I'm gonna give that a try for when we're out (it'll also help coz the OH will have no excuse not to get up in the night lol) but hopefully I will breastfeed for most of the time.
Like others have said, your friends will find it weird because they're young and probably haven't thought about it, I get the same exact looks.
As they say 'breast is best' but bottle feeding is also really good now. It's a completely personal choice :) xxx

im definitely gonna breastfeed im 19 and my friends still think its weird and i just tell em well at least i know im doin whats right for my baby and they usually end up feelin kinda bad lol

thankyou all girlies. my oh wants me to breastfeed to soo im going to try x x x

Hi girls, i'm a fosil now but thought i'd drop in as i was once a teen mom many moons ago and i breast fed my daughter, yes it was strange at first but i loved it, i've now breast fed all my kids and hope to do so with this one and all i can say is poncho's, they are brill as you can b feed in public and no one ever knows wot you are doing, also swing cardigans and coats are good as they offer great access to the girls as i call them so easy to feed but nice and descret.
I now foster a 14 year old and she is in shock to me breast feeding as she though it was what people did b4 bottles haha
Good luck girls if you do decide to breast feed and don't forget it's only 1 way of feeding your child so don't be hard on your self if you don't.
From your loving fosil xx

Im not going to breast feed because of the medication im on but even if i wasnt i think id bottle feed anyway.

I'm many years out my teens :rofl: and I have no experience of breastfeeding ... for the simple reason that I haven't had a baby yet :rofl: However, I am reading this thread with some fascination, as I genuinely don't understand why some people actively choose NOT to breastfeed. If/when I am lucky enough to have my own baby, I would definitely want to BF if I could. Apart from the obvious bit about it being best for your baby, there seem to me to be zillions of good reasons to BF, not least including the fact that your own milk is FREE! Plus also isn't it much easier to transport your BBs rather than all the bottles and sterilisers etc. that are required for bottles?

I'm not passing any judgement here ... after all, each to their own. I'm just really curious why anybody could be bothered to bottle feed.

And to the original poster of this thread, good luck if you do decide to BF, and I am sure it's because your friends are teenagers, rather than because YOU are a teenager, that you're getting funny looks from them.

XX

I want to breastfeed. But im just a bit unsure at the moment
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta