• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

any teen mums going to breastfeed??

LMAO @ Baileys!!!!

Hate these threads coming up :dohh: but it's never going to end lol!!

I only skimmed through but I wanted to say the 'why do you?' question imo is a question that should never be asked when talking about how another feeds their baby (noone has the right to ask imo) - You take that ONE question out how quieter these topics would be. People do get offeneded, pushy ...happens between us all therefore should just be left unasked. So on that note I'd rather that question was left from this thread as well as the whole 'debate'. Feed baby? Baby happy? Thats ok then right?

Back to posters original topic ....

x

I think everybody has the right to feed their child as they wish bottle or breast
at the end of the day thehy are being fed and that is all theat matter

I fed both mine Baileys straight from the big bottle so no messy bottles!!!

:rofl: J/k btw

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Breastfeeding wasn't for me :)

I don't think it's the fact that you're a teenager that your friends look at you funny when you say you're going to breastfeed,it's the fact that your friends are teenagers. :)

Well said Amy!!

Im breastfeeding but slowly begining to stop now, my baby is 5weeks old. Alot of my friends and even my midwife was surprised i wanted to breastfeed, She said around here not many young girls choose to breastfeed.

I'm really exited about breastfeeding my LO :)

Breastfeeding is best! I did it for 4 months after i had my little girl.

I'm going to bottle feed. I don't know why lol, it might be because my older sister did when she had her baby and i seen her do it.

I dont get why being younger means people think your not gonna breast feed. I was even asked by someone like she thought it was weird that I would breast feed.

I do breastfeed now and I plan to continue to BF Jasper for at least 12 months - then we'll negotiate... he's such a boob man (at 4 months :rofl:) that I think it'll take some negotiation to 'talk' him out of it! I've had a few people give me negative reactions to that also... but nobody can influence something that is exclusively between me and my LO, if I choose to BF till he's 2 (which I wont, but still) then so be it!

I think, also if nothing else, its free! Its there all the time... no worrying about taking out bottles with you, no having to sterlize equiptment, you can feed in the middle of the night without having to turn the light on... and if your shy, there is no reason you cant BF at home and FF when your out and about - I do from time to time if I'm going to a resturant or something like that.

Not anything against FFing though, I think we all do what we think is absolutely whats best for our LOs, and you cant fault that!

Well said MooMoo. And fair play for having the courage to actually say this, because so many people think "it's MY choice", which it is, but that doesn't detract from the fact that breast is best. Good on you, girl! xx

I'm only just out of being a teen so i'm a young mummy!! I'm breastfeeding my LO and i love it!! Ppl always seems suprised when i say i'm BFing and some of my friends think its disgusting but i think that maybe down to immaturity - Do what u want to do and don't conform to the "teen mum" sterotypes!!!

I decided I want to try to! This is my first, so I know its going to be a bit hard, but for at least the first few months, I want to, to help him or her build its little immune system, and be healthier.... and to help mummy lose that extra baby weight!

I breastfed my first son for only 2 weeks. I wish i would have done it longer though. I am hoping to breast feed at least a few months this time. Its a wonderful bonding experience that nobody but you can do with your baby!

Im not really a teen, but i am a youngen :) And i really, really want to breastfeed. if i cant i'm going to be completly gutted... i truely believe breast is best.. and the reason that so many people push it is because it is best..no other reason.

As great as the formula people reckon it is... you are still feeding your child a load of bulk...thats why ff babies sleep longer, cause their tummies are bloated out with crap to make them feel full for longer..so effectively you are giving your child the equvilent of Slim Fast :S

Its free, quick, convenient and for a few months effort your baby will really reap the rewards by being less ill and being more immune to bugs ect

xx

I'm sorry but I have to warn you that comments that do not show respect towards a mothers feeding method are not permited on the forum.
xxx

I'm going to breastfeed, it's the natural way and I want what's best :) I'm well shy, but I figure it's natural so why not! That's what breasts are for after all!!

xoxox

im deffo going to try.
i cnt wait till i get funny looks, may just be me lol, but i think its great wen u get funny looks from woman in the street because ur sooo much younger thn thm.
:D:D

xxx

im going to try and i really want it to work, not excatly sure how long for but at least 6 months anyway. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->