• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

any teen mums going to breastfeed??

i breatsfed until lexi was 4 weeks, i had to stop because i wasn't filling her and my back was really aching, i wanted to breastfeed until 3 months but it just didnt happen for me, everyones different! and don't worry about them thinking its weird, its not, they'll probably feel the same when its there own.

I'm not a teen mom, but I will be breastfeeding for about 6 months its very healthy for the baby, for the ones that choose not to I think you should reaserch it, even for a month of breast milk will benefit the baby, it helps build the immune system. heres some info on the benefits:

The primary benefit of breast milk is nutritional. Human milk contains just the right amount of fatty acids, lactose, water, and amino acids for human digestion, brain development, and growth.

Cow's milk contains a different type of protein than breast milk. This is good for calves, but human infants can have difficulty digesting it. Bottle-fed infants tend to be fatter than breast-fed infants, but not necessarily healthier.

Breast-fed babies have fewer illnesses because human milk transfers to the infant a mother's antibodies to disease. About 80 percent of the cells in breast milk are macrophages, cells that kill bacteria, fungi and viruses. Breast-fed babies are protected, in varying degrees, from a number of illnesses, including pneumonia, botulism, bronchitis, staphylococcal infections, influenza, ear infections, and German measles. Furthermore, mothers produce antibodies to whatever disease is present in their environment, making their milk custom-designed to fight the diseases their babies are exposed to as well.

A breast-fed baby's digestive tract contains large amounts of Lactobacillus bifidus, beneficial bacteria that prevent the growth of harmful organisms. Human milk straight from the breast is always sterile, never contaminated by polluted water or dirty bottles, which can also lead to diarrhea in the infant.

Human milk contains at least 100 ingredients not found in formula. No babies are allergic to their mother's milk, although they may have a reaction to something the mother eats. If she eliminates it from her diet, the problem resolves itself.

Sucking at the breast promotes good jaw development as well. It's harder work to get milk out of a breast than a bottle, and the exercise strengthens the jaws and encourages the growth of straight, healthy teeth. The baby at the breast also can control the flow of milk by sucking and stopping. With a bottle, the baby must constantly suck or react to the pressure of the nipple placed in the mouth.

formula is being pushed in everyone's face lately, and breastfeeding isnt as popular as it should be.

good for you on breastfeeding, its definitely best for the baby!
a lot of teens decide not to because its "inconvenient" or something dumb like that.

when i was pregnant my plan was to breastfeed and if i get pregnant again i will be breast feeding :)

well I'm a teen mom(sorta, I'm 19) and I chose to breastfeed, it was really hard at first, but it starts to get easier. It takes a lot of patience though, and commitment

i am an old fart :) my opinion is this: this is what your boobs are for :D the milk is free, sterile and best for your baby, completely natural and helps with bonding with the skin to skin contact.

I'm many years out my teens :rofl: and I have no experience of breastfeeding ... for the simple reason that I haven't had a baby yet :rofl: However, I am reading this thread with some fascination, as I genuinely don't understand why some people actively choose NOT to breastfeed. If/when I am lucky enough to have my own baby, I would definitely want to BF if I could. Apart from the obvious bit about it being best for your baby, there seem to me to be zillions of good reasons to BF, not least including the fact that your own milk is FREE! Plus also isn't it much easier to transport your BBs rather than all the bottles and sterilisers etc. that are required for bottles?

I'm not passing any judgement here ... after all, each to their own. I'm just really curious why anybody could be bothered to bottle feed.

And to the original poster of this thread, good luck if you do decide to BF, and I am sure it's because your friends are teenagers, rather than because YOU are a teenager, that you're getting funny looks from them.

XX

Yes,I can be bothered with feeding my child.This is the way I chose to and it's not the least bit hard.
Breastfeeding isn't a walk in the park either,it takes a lot of work and you face plenty of problems.

I don't really feel like explaining it,sorry :) but I can truly say I'm very comfortable with my decision and it was best for me and my daughter.
And it wasn't 'dumb' nor was formula pushed in my face.

Please guys remember that it's important to respect a mother's choice.There are plenty of members here who can see this and who have chosen to formula feed each and every for their own validated reasons.
There are rules in the Breast and bottle feeding section about this and this forum supports and encourages both.

xxx

I want to, my friends think I'm crazy for wanting to breastfeed, they look at me like I've got a green head lol

I agree that it's because their teenagers, not because we are

I'm many years out my teens :rofl: and I have no experience of breastfeeding ... for the simple reason that I haven't had a baby yet :rofl: However, I am reading this thread with some fascination, as I genuinely don't understand why some people actively choose NOT to breastfeed. If/when I am lucky enough to have my own baby, I would definitely want to BF if I could. Apart from the obvious bit about it being best for your baby, there seem to me to be zillions of good reasons to BF, not least including the fact that your own milk is FREE! Plus also isn't it much easier to transport your BBs rather than all the bottles and sterilisers etc. that are required for bottles?

I'm not passing any judgement here ... after all, each to their own. I'm just really curious why anybody could be bothered to bottle feed.

And to the original poster of this thread, good luck if you do decide to BF, and I am sure it's because your friends are teenagers, rather than because YOU are a teenager, that you're getting funny looks from them.

XX

Yes,I can be bothered with feeding my child.This is the way I chose to and it's not the least bit hard.
Breastfeeding isn't a walk in the park either,it takes a lot of work and you face plenty of problems.

I don't really feel like explaining it,sorry :) but I can truly say I'm very comfortable with my decision and it was best for me and my daughter.
And it wasn't 'dumb' nor was formula pushed in my face.

Please guys remember that it's important to respect a mother's choice.There are plenty of members here who can see this and who have chosen to formula feed each and every for their own validated reasons.
There are rules in the Breast and bottle feeding section about this and this forum supports and encourages both.

xxx

I don't think Colsy meant any disrespect to bottle feeding mum's, although I can see how it may have come across that way. I think there is a difference in saying, "I don't think mum's should bottle feed" (disrespecting their choice, and their right to choose) and saying "I don't understand why some people would choose to bottle feed." I think it is more ignorance than malice, and if people aren't allowed to ask why people would make the choices they do they may very well go on never knowing or understanding why mum's make the choice to bottle feed their babies. I do not believe it is a healthy way for society to be, when people can not enquire about things they do not understand, in order to gain a greater understanding.

I think it can be healthy to want to know why bottle feeding mum's made the choices they did (and visa verse) because otherwise people will just go on making assumptions and never really know what goes on and why breastfeeding isn't for some, why some people prefer to bottle feed, or why some people choose not to bottle feed. Although admittedly it often leads to arguments, which is sad :(

As Colsy said "each to their own", but not everyone understands that and so there need to be rules to stop people passing judgement on others, but do these rules encase all conversations about breast and bottle feeding? Is it against the rules to ask why some would breast feed and why others might bottle feed, or to admit that you simply don't know why someone would bottle feed? Because some people do go too far and inevitably it turns into a "breast vs bottle" debate :( Which restricts people being able to get real information about both methods of feeding when they may come here looking for the impartial pro's and con's of each way, and may want to learn from other's experiences and have more understanding and information to help them in making their choice of whether to breast or bottle feed.

I think it is sad, that people can not come to this forum and ask, "Why did you bottle feed?" or "why did you breast feed?". Because obviously no one has to answer; no one should have to justify why they chose to feed their baby the way that they did, but if you didn't see it as 'justifying' rather, just explaining and sharing your experiences, then I really believe that for some who have not yet made their decision and are genuinely unsure what they want to do, then hearing other people's reasons why they made the choices that they did and how it worked out for them could really help someone who has not yet made that choice. But it always turns into an argument, doesn't it :(

My post wasn't a reply to a question 'What made you choose bottle feeding',I'm very happy to answer that and have no problem with people asking me.

It reffered to the part in which she wonders how people can be 'bothered' with it and it reffered to posts written by some other members.

If anyone at any time asks me why I chose to FF,I definitely don't mind curiousity and will be glad to reply (although I didn't in this particular post up because I mentioned it several times already and didn't find it relevant for the point I was trying to make in the said post).

Exactly.When they're making out rules that you have to pay for furmula in hospitals thats not exactly pushing it in your face.

Actually, formula IS pushed in the UK. They gave Caitlyn a bottle without even asking me. If you are struggling they do not push you to breast feed they just say "why don't you give them a bottle then?"

I'm a teen and I breast feed. People are suprised but I'm proud of myself x

formula is being pushed in everyone's face lately, and breastfeeding isnt as popular as it should be.

That is certainley not the case here in the UK, infact quite the contrary.

Haha I love how the UK's mentioned and then the word 'contrary', such a british word :rofl:
But she's right, breastfeeding's being promoted loads over here, in fact some midwives are quite pushy about it I do believe!

I'm choosing to breastfeed, for ALL the reasons that've been stated before, so I wont point them out myself.

My opinion is, bottle or breast, at least we're feeding our babies! Everyone's different, some people can't BF physically, some just can't for personal reasons, as long as our little ones are getting their milkies then it's all good :)

Actually, formula IS pushed in the UK. They gave Caitlyn a bottle without even asking me. If you are struggling they do not push you to breast feed they just say "why don't you give them a bottle then?"

I'm a teen and I breast feed. People are suprised but I'm proud of myself x

So you should be lovely :)
x

I think everybody has the right to feed their child as they wish bottle or breast
at the end of the day thehy are being fed and that is all theat matter

I fed both mine Baileys straight from the big bottle so no messy bottles!!!

:rofl: J/k btw

I think everybody has the right to feed their child as they wish bottle or breast

Course you were Jo :muaha:

Well not real baileys the cheapy stuff :lol:

:rofl: :rofl:

:rofl::rofl:

I had to re-read that before I noticed the 'J/k btw', nearly sprayed the laptop with honey cheerios in surprise :dohh::laugh2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->