any unemployed people planning a wedding?

shazney22

Reaction score
Any tips if so? I am struggling to save and it's always the food shopping that steals my savings. xx :cry:

Hi :) me and oh are planning our wedding atm and both unemployed. The only suggestion I could make is to calculate income and outcome and work out how much you can save. We've also set a budget for food shopping and take the cash out every two weeks. I find we spend more if we use the bank card to buy everything. Also put your savings into a different account. We use my account for all the bills so we put the savings in oh's bank. It's there if we really need to spend it but we don't accidentally spend it.

Hi :) me and oh are planning our wedding atm and both unemployed. The only suggestion I could make is to calculate income and outcome and work out how much you can save. We've also set a budget for food shopping and take the cash out every two weeks. I find we spend more if we use the bank card to buy everything. Also put your savings into a different account. We use my account for all the bills so we put the savings in oh's bank. It's there if we really need to spend it but we don't accidentally spend it.

Thanks, how much are you planning to save? It's hard isn't it but gotta be done lol xx

I'm hoping to save around £1500. We're only planning a cheap wedding in the registry office and then a social club and homemade buffet. Registry office alone costs £300 though!! Xx

My husband and I had a fairly inexpensive but beautiful backyard wedding at my mother in laws house. So we didn't have to rent a space. One of our very good friends got ordained online through the universal life church and did our service there, so we didn't have to hire a minister. We did have a buffet style food plan, it wasn't a sit down dinner, we had ribs catered by my hubby's very favorite bbq place, that was his only request, but it didn't cost too much. We went to a flower shop and ordered the flowers, we rented the tables and chairs, and his tux. Bought my dress at David's Bridal and they have some really good sales and reasonable prices. All in all, we may have spent 3 or 4 grand, his parents kicked in too so it wasn't too bad.

If its food shopping that your finding hardest, I highly recommend Aldi for shopping. Their brands are as good if not better in my opinion than regular brands, and its literally halves our monthly bill from £200 down to £100!! Def worth a try! We haven't looked back!!

There is a worn once/ ex sample wedding dress shop not far from me........the most expensive dress in it was£500 and the least £70 . Maybe there is somewhere like that near you? Also an off peak wedding can save a fortune. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->