Any Way to Shorten Follicular Phase?

stellaluna431

Toddler Mama TTC #2
Reaction score
I ovulate late. Currently on CD24 and still haven't O'd (yes I do temp, so I'm sure). I know you can take B6 to lengthen your LP, but is there anything you can do/take to help shorten your follicular phase?

I thought the title looked familiar ;)

Don't have the answer but didn't want to R&R. Bumping for answers! :)

I had super long 40+ day cycles. I started using soy isoflavones (taken 5 days in the beginning of the cycle; usually days 3-7) and my follicular phase shortened and I have a more normal cycle. I used to ovulate on average around day 28 now I have been ovulating between cd 14-20. This is my third cycle on it. Soy isoflavones is similar to clomid and kicks your ovulation into gear.

I agree with knobby. I'd try soy isovlavones or vitex (but not both together).

Thanks for the suggestions ladies! I'm going to ask my midwife about vitex/b6 at my annual in August. Hopefully that will help my cycles regulate a bit. If that doesn't work for me after a couple months I'll look into soy.

Just be aware that vitex can take 3 months to work (although it didn't take that long for me and I highly recommend it).

That's fine ssjad, I've got all the time in the world haha. The time will pass anyway, so I might as well be trying to do something about it. I think I'll give it 6 months before looking into other options. Soy messes with my system (I get super hormonal/bitchy) so I'd like to avoid that option if I can. I've read a lot of great stuff about vitex and a lot of the stories I've heard have mentioned it didn't take long for them to see a difference either. Hopefully that's the case for me, too... but if not I'll keep on trucking :)

Soy messes with my system (I get super hormonal/bitchy) so I'd like to avoid that option if I can. I've read a lot of great stuff about vitex and a lot of the stories I've heard have mentioned it didn't take long for them to see a difference either. Hopefully that's the case for me, too... but if not I'll keep on trucking :)

Vitex ruined my cycle. I was on it for 2 cycles and for one cycle my period lasted 1.5 days and was super light. Another cycle I had all brown discharge for a week - no actual red blood. I think it made my lining super thin. Normally I have moderate-heavy bleeding the first 2 days of my cycle and it gets lighter the last couple days. Vitex also gave me an insatiable appetite and I gained a good amount of weight while on it. I don't know what it was doing but if anything it was making my hormones get out of balance, not more balanced like it was supposed to. I was using Nature's Way brand, which a lot of people recommend.

The soy you only take for 5 days, and you take it at night to avoid all symptoms. I had no symptoms on it. And it worked first cycle to shorten my follicular phase to a normal length - last cycle without soy I ovulated on CD 41.

Hi

I don't know if this is the right forum to write on but here goes...

I was on depo injection for 7 years- amazing if you don't want to get pregnant but ruins things if you do!

Been off since October 2012- stopped mini pill April 2013 and periods came back July 2013- Iv had about 12 months of periods but their not always right- longest is usually 3 weeks between first period starting and next one coming along.

All bloods have come back fine. Partners sperm test is all fine. I use ovulation sticks and apps and they match in that I ovulate very close to coming off each period but no joy yet. Have been referred to fertility as periods rather often but of course that can take months for first appointment.

Tried Agnus castus to regulate but don't know if it does more harm than good ( have read it doesn't help once u r ovulating)

Taking pregnacare ( pre conception)

Any other tips or old wives tales would be much appreciated.

Don't know if I need to be trying something to make my cycles longer or whether that's ok and it's something else?

Hi

I don't know if this is the right forum to write on but here goes...

I was on depo injection for 7 years- amazing if you don't want to get pregnant but ruins things if you do!

Been off since October 2012- stopped mini pill April 2013 and periods came back July 2013- Iv had about 12 months of periods but their not always right- longest is usually 3 weeks between first period starting and next one coming along.

All bloods have come back fine. Partners sperm test is all fine. I use ovulation sticks and apps and they match in that I ovulate very close to coming off each period but no joy yet. Have been referred to fertility as periods rather often but of course that can take months for first appointment.

Tried Agnus castus to regulate but don't know if it does more harm than good ( have read it doesn't help once u r ovulating)

Taking pregnacare ( pre conception)

Any other tips or old wives tales would be much appreciated.

Don't know if I need to be trying something to make my cycles longer or whether that's ok and it's something else?

You are posting this on another thread. You need to start your own thread for this.

Hi bumping for you x

I had a very long cycle 2 months ago. It was Day 50+, I got fed up. So I took vitex and I Ov'd 5 days after taking the 1st capsule. Not sure if it was a coincidence or not, but I Ov'd :) my temps confirmed also. X

Thanks for sharing! I am getting excited for it to get here now haha. I may have ovulated yesterday? I had a bit of a temp increase this morning, so maybe I just didn't have the normal CM I experience at ov. I guess we'll see. Either way, I'm starting those pills as soon as they get here unless I've somehow gotten pregnant before then.

Acupuncture did wonders for regulating my cycle. I O every month right around day 14! My Drs said this would never happen.

Acupuncture did wonders for regulating my cycle. I O every month right around day 14! My Drs said this would never happen.

How regularly do you get acupuncture done? Any certain kind? We're in the process of buying a house right now so our budget is really tight while the mortgage process is in progress, but it might be something I can work in after closing.

When I started acupuncture it was about once a week. The apts got spaced out pretty quickly and now I go once a month. Mine charges $35 a visit. Some acupuncturists specialize in fertility but any good acupuncturist could help you. Mine actually does not have a specialty. I really swear by it!!

What is the dosage for the Soy Isoflavones you all are talking about? I am interested in taking it, and in your opinions what are the best cycle days to tale them on? Thank you

What is the dosage for the Soy Isoflavones you all are talking about? I am interested in taking it, and in your opinions what are the best cycle days to tale them on? Thank you

This cycle I took 120mg each night on CD 4-8. I have taken it on day 3-7 in another cycle. Those are the days most people take it because it produces 1-2 very big mature follicles/eggs. You can take it earlier like cd 1-5 or 2-6 and you will produce more follicles, more chance for twins, but the eggs might not be as mature and the follicles won't get as big. You can also take it cd 5-9 for a very mature egg.

I take the Spring Valley brand:

https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51jNOWtHoML.jpg

Hi Knobby, thanks for your reply! I have just ordered soy isoflavones and will use them my next cycle if this one doesn't produce a BFP;)

I found the first time I went on vitex it sorted me out fast and I got a bfp very fast. Second time I was more all over the place for a while as my system sorted itself out but still got a bfp within 3 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->