Any1 put baby rice/porridge in bottle, If so how much ??

Hey skunkpixie just thought I would let you know that actually you can pre-make formula. The government and NHS follow guidelines from the World Health Organisation and while they do say the best way is to make fresh for each feed, it says if you want or need to pre-make then just make them the same way as fresh, rapid cool and store in the fridge for up to 24hrs.

Here is a link to the guidelines if you want to take a look xx

https://www.who.int/foodsafety/publications/micro/PIF_Bottle_en.pdf

Thankyou very much for that. Everything I have read so far with my FF research has said that you must throw away feeds after 2 hours even if unused. I wasnt trying to say that things like that are specifically bad or harmful, just that Ive read that it is advised not to do things like pre-make, microwave etc. xx

You're welcome hun. Once you have taken them out of the fridge they need to be used within 2hrs unless you put them straight in a cool bag with an ice pack where they will last between 4 and 6hrs depending on conditions. As with any food keeping formula cool slows the growth of bacteria thus making it usable for longer xx

I just find it so much easier to prepare all of Fran's bottles in one go and then heat one as needed - we always fed on demand and I couldn't imagine having to wait for the kettle to cool for half an hour when she was screaming for a feed lol.

And as for microwaving the reason they say not to is because of hotspots. I have always microwaved Fran's bottles but make sure I shake them very well after heating to mix in any hotspots and make it all the same temperature.

I`m totally with you on this one hon :thumbup:

I pre-make too and heat in microwave (did with DS1!) and have exactly the same view on it as you :flower:

As for putting rice in babies bottle I havent and never will imo its not worth it just to get them to sleep longer thorugh the night (the reason its generally done!) its much more sensible to work at getting them into a routine so they learn to sleep for longer periods :thumbup:

Am not a saint and break most of the rules :winkwink: but putting my baby in danger in this way is something I am not willing to risk :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->