Any1 with family abroad?

We have no family, mine and DHs are on the otherside of the world. My mother died yesterday and I have no father/otherside of the family, my uncle is lovely but I hardly know him. My mil is great, but only able to visit every 6 months.

I see parenting as a 24/7 thing anyway, family is a luxury, not a necessity and I went into it knowing there was just me and DH.

Yes, I live in Japan and my family are in Australia and New Zealand. My husband's mother lives about 2 hours by train from here so can only visit occasionally. We haven't had any time alone since our baby was born, but it's pretty unusual in Japan to leave a small baby with a sitter and go out so people would think it was odd if we did!

I talk to my parents on Skype a lot and I have found some expat and Japanese mum friends with LOs the same age which has been really great.

Farie, are you in New Zealand? Sorry to hear about your mum, that's a hard thing to go through when you are away from family. Take care :hugs:

We have no family, mine and DHs are on the otherside of the world. My mother died yesterday and I have no father/otherside of the family, my uncle is lovely but I hardly know him. My mil is great, but only able to visit every 6 months.

I see parenting as a 24/7 thing anyway, family is a luxury, not a necessity and I went into it knowing there was just me and DH.

So sorry to hear about your mum! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Faerie im so sorry about your mum :hugs: i remember your thread from a good while ago you were hoping to visit her and mayb bring lo did that ever work out? Hope you are ok x

Thank you all. We did get over to visit in August, LO came to and it was very special. 48h of traveling with a baby on your own isn't something I'd recommend tho lol
It's so sad but a release for her do we are all grateful it didn't drag on to long.

To the OP - coffee group has been my savior, keeps me sane and now they are older we trade baby free hours!

Mine is Russian/Hebrew as well - are you from Israel?

I don't have family over here either; my family is in Israel. Hubby is British but his family is so unsupportive and don't offer to help. So we only get a break when my mum comes to visit or we go over there. It's so hard isn't it?! Hubby and I argue so much because of this...I even try to make him move over there but I know that our little girl is safer over here x

Yes, I am from Israel, born in Russia. I was thinking many times about going to Israel (where my mum is) for few month/weeks. But I know that hubby will be missing his boy and myself toooo much...
Where are you based in the UK? (pm me if you want)

I am in Surrey. Sent you a PM x

My family are in the UK, my dad hasn't even met Maria yet and my mum has only seen her twice. But we do have OH's family, well his dad and step-mum are near enough (50 mins drive) so they look after Maria for a couple of hours when we do the shopping once a week or so but otherwise I don't get a break at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->