Anybody a hair dresser? (colourist)

smiley330

Reaction score
Hello!

Was wondering if there are any hair colourists here? (Is that the name?) I have a question...

I have naturally medium blonde hair, ever since I can remember I have always had highlights, bleach and other colours. I am SOOOOO bored of this though, and ideally would like to go darker. I can't use full on hair dyes as i'm allergic, but high or lowlights are fine as they don't touch my head!

So, my questions are - is it possible to make my hair look darker just using lowlights? Will the colour go ok on my hair seeing as some of it has been bleached to within an inch of it's life? How possible is this? Will it just look ridiculous?

Any advice would be great! My friend does my hair (she is all qualified and stuff) but she's away at the moment, and i've got that 'have to change my hair right now' feeling, so checking out my options! :D

x x x x

Helloo! yeah hun you could get lowlights and that would tone down the overal shade of your hair, then over time the more and more you get them done the darker it will get. you could try mixing in a shade and 2 shades darker in with your normal highlights, so whereas the person would normally foil (i guess) each section, foil one bleach, one shade 1 and one shade 2 and just keep that going through whole head.

You couldnt get too dark a lowlight in to start as youve bleached your hair you will have lost pigment in it and to go more than 2 shades youd need to pre pigment your hair first or you'll get some funny colours going on. The bleach will also make any dye you put on it wash out really quick too as it doesnt hold as well on it so be prepared to keep it up to get the results you want as they wont necessarily be instant.

Yes lowlights would make your hair darker.

I suggest going to see your haidresser and see what they say :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->