Anybody concieve soon after an early loss?

mybabydreams

One pink, one blue
Reaction score
Hello! Well, I FINALLY ovulated following last cycles emc!!! :happydance::happydance:
Its CD35 for me today, which is late even by my standards lol (usually I O CD21-26 ish)
Im really looking for inspiration here! Has anyone Od late after a mc and got pregnant? Dr Google seems to be full of tales of ladies who have, but I am just wondering what the reality is?! TBH for now I am just glad to be a fully functioning woman again (I was starting to really worry after intense stomach aches and hot flashes) But am happy to be able to start obsessing over whether it will have worked this cycle!
Thank you xxxxxx

Hi! Popping over from 3rd tri :)

I think you'd have better luck posting this question in maybe the First Trimester board :)

But I did. I had a miscarriage June 21st - I did have 1 cycle in between but it was a weird one - then got my :BFP: September 1st

Thanks babe! I was hoping somebody would say they had!!
Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy! xx

Lots of ladies I've spoken to on here have so I'm definitely not the only one! It really does happen!

Awe thank you ! GL TTC!

Hello! Well, I FINALLY ovulated following last cycles emc!!! :happydance::happydance:
Its CD35 for me today, which is late even by my standards lol (usually I O CD21-26 ish)
Im really looking for inspiration here! Has anyone Od late after a mc and got pregnant? Dr Google seems to be full of tales of ladies who have, but I am just wondering what the reality is?! TBH for now I am just glad to be a fully functioning woman again (I was starting to really worry after intense stomach aches and hot flashes) But am happy to be able to start obsessing over whether it will have worked this cycle!
Thank you xxxxxx

I know so many people who were lucky to conceive after an early loss. One of them being my obgyn. My husband and I suffered a loss in January. I've also been googling constantly trying to see how many people conceived quickly. I've been trying for 3 months now and nothing :( this cycle is rather confusing for me too. Sending lots of luck and :dust: your way!!!

Thank you so much! It seems (like everything TTC related) that everybody is different! I see from your ticker you are 17dpo! Have you tested??
Oh, and congrats on your wedding xx

You're actually more fertile in the 3 months after being pregnant (whether it be a successful pregnancy or MC) since your body is 'primed' for pregnancy! So your chances of conceiving after a loss are actually higher than in a normal month :)

If anyone is interested in what vitamins and supplements I took when I got my BFP I will be GLAD to share :)

Thank you so much! It seems (like everything TTC related) that everybody is different! I see from your ticker you are 17dpo! Have you tested??
Oh, and congrats on your wedding xx

Thank you!!! :) I tested this morning and :bfn: I am never this late. It is an extremely confusing cycle for me. I think FF noted my ovulation date wrong. I had fertile CM around CD13 and CD21, when FF notes it as triphasic. I'm holding onto hope until that ugly :witch: makes an appearance.

You're actually more fertile in the 3 months after being pregnant (whether it be a successful pregnancy or MC) since your body is 'primed' for pregnancy! So your chances of conceiving after a loss are actually higher than in a normal month :)

If anyone is interested in what vitamins and supplements I took when I got my BFP I will be GLAD to share :)

PLEASE share!! I would love to try anything at this point. I've been taking prenatals but have been googling to find supplements that can help.

Me too me too! Ive been taking vitex, and it had just sorted my cycle out when bham! mc, has now screwed it up again! I was thinking of soy for my next cycle, but I dont know much about it and I started a thread but got no replies x

I was drinking green tea for afew months - but make sure to take it at least an hour away from your prenatal - it inhibits the absorption of folic acid

I cut out all canned foods and drinks because they contain BPA - which can mess with your hormones

Limited sugar & caffeine

Regular grapefruit juice & rubitussin around O time to help with fertile CM

Supplements - prenatal w/ DHA. Omega 3. Baby Aspirin. B complex. Geritol Tonic (tasted AWFUL - but the old wives tale is that there's a baby in every bottle - there was one in mine!) and Soy Isoflavones on CD 3-7

Please tell me a bit more about the soy hun!!? I am seriously considering swapping my vitex for this. I am a notoriously late ovulator, would this help with this? Also what dose did you take? I have heard that you shouldnt start too high as it is quite powerful stuff!
Thank you x

I would swap! Vitex takes at least 3 months to really get into your system - Soy works that cycle!

WHEN should you take soy?
You take Soy Isoflavones, like Clomid, on either CD 1-5, 2-6, 3-7, 4-8 or 5-9.
If you take soy Isoflavones during the later time bracket, for example CD 5-9, you shall strengthen the egg that has already started growing producing a healthier egg. The earlier in your cycle you take It, the higher your chance of releasing multiple eggs but these eggs will not be as mature as the eggs grown from taking Soy later.�
A lot of women will choose the middle cycle (3 -7) allowing time for a strong and healthy egg to develop without erasing the chance of a second egg being developed and released.

1-5 = You produce more eggs, and ovulate sooner, with a stronger ovulation.

2-6 = You produce more eggs than usual, but not as many as taking it 1-5. Eggs may be more mature, and ovulation will be slightly more strong than 1-5.

3-7 = The best of both worlds, a few more eggs, and all eggs will be strong & mature, and ovulation will be a lot stronger than 1-5.

4-8 = No more eggs will be produced, but the ones already there, will be matured alot more than usual, and ovulation will be very strong. Ovulation may only be brought forward a teeny bit.

5-9 = You'll have one very mature strong egg, from the ones you already produced on your own. Ovulation will either happen when it usually does, or a few days later, but your egg will be of great quality.

What DOSAGE should you take?
The dose is really�up to you but you should always use the lowest amount that works for you.
With Clomid the starting dose is 50mg. Soy Isoflavones are said to be half the strength of Clomid, so it makes sense for the starting dose to be 100mg.
The trouble with 100mg of soy is that the capsules tend to come as 40mg. So you have a choice of starting at 80mg or 120mg.

I would recommend that if you know that you do ovulate without taking soy then you should start with 80mg.
And if you know that you don't usually ovulate you can start with 120mg.
Some women change the dose on different days. So they may start at 120mg for the first 3 days then give an extra boost for the last 2 days with 160mg.�

Use the lowest dose possible for yourself. It is said that it takes 3months to get the full benefits of what you are taking. NEVER EXCEED 200mg/day.

here is a pretty good thread that helped me make my decision to take it - https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/ttc-groups/976887-soy-isoflavones.html

I took it CD 3-7

CD3- 34 mg (misread the Soy content on my bottle lol)
CD4- 34 mg
CD5- 136 mg
CD6- 170 mg
CD7- 204 mg

I took it at night and didn't notice any side effects at all

Wow thank you that is so helpful! I think I will keep on with vitex til I knwo if this cycle has been a success or not as they say you should not just stop it cold turkey if you become pregnant. In the meantime, I will order some soy and start with it next cycle. It sounds amazing, and if it brings my O date forward I will be a VERY happy girl! CD36 was a very long wait this time, and then when you add a TWW on top of that, it really is horrible!
Thanks again xx

I would swap! Vitex takes at least 3 months to really get into your system - Soy works that cycle!

WHEN should you take soy?
You take Soy Isoflavones, like Clomid, on either CD 1-5, 2-6, 3-7, 4-8 or 5-9.
If you take soy Isoflavones during the later time bracket, for example CD 5-9, you shall strengthen the egg that has already started growing producing a healthier egg. The earlier in your cycle you take It, the higher your chance of releasing multiple eggs but these eggs will not be as mature as the eggs grown from taking Soy later.�
A lot of women will choose the middle cycle (3 -7) allowing time for a strong and healthy egg to develop without erasing the chance of a second egg being developed and released.

1-5 = You produce more eggs, and ovulate sooner, with a stronger ovulation.

2-6 = You produce more eggs than usual, but not as many as taking it 1-5. Eggs may be more mature, and ovulation will be slightly more strong than 1-5.

3-7 = The best of both worlds, a few more eggs, and all eggs will be strong & mature, and ovulation will be a lot stronger than 1-5.

4-8 = No more eggs will be produced, but the ones already there, will be matured alot more than usual, and ovulation will be very strong. Ovulation may only be brought forward a teeny bit.

5-9 = You'll have one very mature strong egg, from the ones you already produced on your own. Ovulation will either happen when it usually does, or a few days later, but your egg will be of great quality.

What DOSAGE should you take?
The dose is really�up to you but you should always use the lowest amount that works for you.
With Clomid the starting dose is 50mg. Soy Isoflavones are said to be half the strength of Clomid, so it makes sense for the starting dose to be 100mg.
The trouble with 100mg of soy is that the capsules tend to come as 40mg. So you have a choice of starting at 80mg or 120mg.

I would recommend that if you know that you do ovulate without taking soy then you should start with 80mg.
And if you know that you don't usually ovulate you can start with 120mg.
Some women change the dose on different days. So they may start at 120mg for the first 3 days then give an extra boost for the last 2 days with 160mg.�

Use the lowest dose possible for yourself. It is said that it takes 3months to get the full benefits of what you are taking. NEVER EXCEED 200mg/day.

here is a pretty good thread that helped me make my decision to take it - https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/ttc-groups/976887-soy-isoflavones.html

I took it CD 3-7

CD3- 34 mg (misread the Soy content on my bottle lol)
CD4- 34 mg
CD5- 136 mg
CD6- 170 mg
CD7- 204 mg

I took it at night and didn't notice any side effects at all

Such great information!! Thank you so much!!

You're very welcome ladies ! I hope it helps :) I'll stay subscribed to this thread incase anyone else has any questions :)

i am ttc baby #2...id love to know of any over the counter 'baby dust' helpers out there or is folic acid the go to supplement?

Folic acid is a must, but as for the rest, it really depends on what your cycles are like??? I would say if you have regular cycles, and know you are ovulating, leave well alone! I only try all these things because I am so all over the place, they can only help. I have heard that if ladies take them without having any problems in the first place, it can make your cycles irregular!!
Good luck with you TTCing xx

I m/c on January 1, 2007. I stopped bleeding from all of that in late January and I conceived my daughter in March!

You're very welcome ladies ! I hope it helps :) I'll stay subscribed to this thread incase anyone else has any questions :)

I just wanted to say thank you so much for your soy suggestion!! This was my first cycle taking it. I took cvs soy menopause which was 55mg. I took 110mg CD3-5 and 165mg CD 6-7. I ovulated about a week after my last dose. I got a very faint :bfp: yesterday at 10dpo and a darker :bfp: today at 11dpo. Both were with FRER. I had a quantitive blood done yest that came back 24.29. I'm holding onto hope that my numbers keep going up and I have a happy and healthy pregnancy. Thank you soooooooo much for your advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->