Anybody doing anything weirder than me to take your mind off it?

kates84

Mum to one
Reaction score
Hello all,

When it all gets too much to you and you need to escape your TTC stress, what do you do?

I'm interested to know if anybody does anything even nuttier than me.

You see, I'm currently watching Dogtanian and Three Muskerhounds on DVD (One for all and for one, muskerhounds are always ready, one for all and all for one, helping every-bo-dy, god just the theme tune lifts my mood). I do this kind of thing a lot - it takes me back to when I was a child and certainly didn't even think about TTC.

I know this makes me as nutty as squirrell poo but does anybody else do something unconventional to escape when it all gets too much?

La la la la la la muskerhounds do do do do do

PS: When I was little I swore I was going to marry Aramous - even though he is a springer spaniel. Apologies to all who have never seen this show in their lives

Lol didnt want to read and run...cant say im as nutty as you but i just normally watch lots of films or close my eyes and listen to some music which takes me back to days before all the ttc malarky.

PS: ive never watched that film chick lol x

Oooh it's not a film - it's a cartoon series that I adored as a kid. You tube just the theme tune - it's cheesy as hell and never fails to cheer me up.

It's only a problem when I start singing it when hubby wants to BD. Puts him right off I tell ya.

Oooh, I remember that show! That and Count Duckula were amongst my favourites! Can't say I do anything weird, but I'm really into baking and cake decorating (as you might have guessed from my name), and my DH has never had to eat so much cake! Good for distracting me, but no so good for us trying to eat healthily.

x

i google and you tube really random stuff!
it really helps, even if i google stuff to do with TTC it really helps me to take my mind off my personal situation.

Hi Kate and lovely ladies,

This is an interesting thread.
I remember that cartoon and now I have the theme tune stuck in my head too- ha ha- thanks!

I knit/crochet, or watch the film Labyrinth and admire David Bowie in his tights and leather:winkwink: to help take my mind off things generally and it does seem to be working for ttc too...
I doubt I'll lose my tolerance for the latter, but one of my close friends was unable to stand the feel of yarn and coudlnt crochet at all during her pregnancy so I'm quite worried that'll happen to me too! :shock:

Dance magic, dance magic, dance...

Keep us all posted :)

Bex x

I've been watching a lot of films! Think I'm going to have to ask my OH to move his DVD collection to my house :rofl:

I'm watching Bridget Jones Diary this afternoon :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"