Anybody else buy too much stocking stuff??

Mum21boy1girl

Reaction score
Every year i seem to buy way too many stocking fillers and they don't fit in the stockings, i end up having to put some on the floor in front of their stockings!! :xmas13:

Anyone else do the same??

Sure I've done the same this year... as a result I've not even tried to see how it all fits, I've chucked it all in a bag and will worry about it later.

Yup. Every year. Iv given up, I'll stuff what I can in there and just bang the rest on the floor, they will have opened so much they probably won't even notice it wasn't in the stocking.

Yes! Think I'm going to have to take bits out of boxes/packaging

I am glad i am not the only one haha, that's a good idea about taking the stuff out of the boxes/wrappers, might do that this year!! :)

Yep. I've now split it in two and they will have afternoon presents too like we did as kids (mainly bath stuff and stationery)

We brought small gingerbread sacks to combat this last year hehe!

I put some aside for next year. I buy multipacks of things like cars, glider planes, playdough tubs, playdough cutters etc then put a couple of each in each year. Then one or two current favourites. I figure we'll have stockings traditions and I save money and time each year!

I've done this every year too!! This year I just brought bigger bags for their stockings but next year I am cutting down!!!!

Every year this year I've been good though lol

I either end up with too much or underestimating the size of the item/packaging when ordering. I just put in what will fit and the rest goes into their piles like regular presents

I just put what fits in and any others go in their sacks with the bigger presents :)

Yes & so I've organized a scavenger hunt for my son to find his presents with clues that begin from his stocking. I hope he has fun with it & doesn't get into a threenager funk over it. Now that I think about, maybe it's a terrible idea. Delayed gratification for a 3.5 yo may not be a good move...

I've just about managed to wedge mine in, though I've cheated a little and left one present out for the elf to give him Christmas Eve :haha:
In fairness it's not my fault, it's OH's! I carefully planned everything that was going in so it'd all fit nicely and he just went out and bought a ton of minifigure packs that I've had to shoehorn in :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->