Anybody else feel......

DanielleM

Reaction score
Like Christmas is just creeping up on them??

I have the kids and husband sorted, just need to buy a few relatives and I am finished so it's not like I am unprepared, I have a food stash in the cupboard and I am doing everything I am supposed to, but I just feel like I'm going through the motions, I don't feel the excitement that I usually feel. I don't know what's wrong with me at the minute. I don't even have that big desire to put my Christmas tree up, it just feels like a lot of effort.

Yup. Feel exactly like this. Iv got a few more bits to buy. Mostly adult stuff. I just don't feel excited. Maybe it will hit me once the trees up.

Yes...but strangly not stressed about it. They get what they get. If stuffs not finished its not the end of the world. X

Yes! I'm more organised than I've been in previous years but I still feel like it's just creeping up fast!

A bit! It feels like Christmas has only just been!

Omg yes! It really doesn't feel like it's so close. I get the odd little buzz of excitement but then it disappears when I think how it's so far away.
I'm pretty much done for presents, I just need food and to wrap but usually I'm waiting to get the tree out but I'm just not now.

Same feeling. It feels forever away but it's not. I put it down to the fact that work is manically busy and are sending to Hungary a couple of times between now and Christmas so that's taking a lot of focus.

I'm nowhere near as excited as I usually am, LO will be here not long before Christmas so I have to plan for him as well so the festivities don't have my full attention. DD is the most excited she's ever been though, and since DH doesn't like Christmas very much I'm making sure to do everything right for her

Yes but last year I was on mat leave so had a lot more free time to do bits. My dd is one in a week so that wil take priority for now too

I was really excited a few weeks ago but the buzz has really died thanks to my OHs family causing trouble about it. I've been quite organised and I have done buying for the kids. I just need to buy my Mum, Dad and brother. Everyone else can get stuffed this year :haha:

I'm well behind this year, I just can't believe there's only 5 shopping weekends left. I've started working full time now and I just can't seem to find the time to get all the presents. I've only brought 2 each for the kids and haven't even started on anyone else yet, panick!!!!!

Yes my buzz has died as we are so busy and I keep thinking it's far away and it's not. I want to decorate my lounge but OH is away and i can't do it myself with the girls here. I haven't finished my present shopping so that's also delaying things.
House needs a good sort out before I even think about my tree!

Mines dropped so low I've hardly been participating in the forum this week.

I started off well and had all of DS's main gifts bought ages ago. But I've still got loads to get and now it's just annoying me, I've definitely lost the will to shop. I only get half an hour at lunch so I keep running down to the shops (about a 5 min walk, only leaving 20 mins to shop and pay!) and because I'm in such a rush I always end up buying crap I didn't need and getting nothing I actually went for. And the things I have bought I wish I hadn't bothered. For example I bought hamper kits to fill for both sets of grandparents, thinking I can fill it with yummy things and it'll be easier than trying to get them individual presents. Actually it's much harder because I can't find things to fill them! I'll need to go to loads of shops to find the bits for them - nowhere seems to have enough of a selection. So I'm regretting those. And I bought a load of gel candles from aldi at the weekend for £4 each (they smell lovely and have cinnamon sticks and orange slices etc in them so I thought they'd make nice gifts for in the hampers and teachers etc), then in wilko today they had one literally twice the size in a gift box with a ribbon for only £1 more! So that would have actually been much nicer. I feel like because I'm so disorganised I'm wasting loads of time and money :-(

I'm miles behind schedule and feeling a bit crappy that we cant afford xmas days out and big food stash's this year

I feel like that. It was Ds's birthday last week and I redecorated most of the house in advance of his party and was all taken up with party prep. Once the party was over I was all set to get stuck into Christmas anticipation but it's just not happening. After getting my house post party tidy, I'm kind of dreading the thought of having to decorate so soon again after.

This feels like a sacrilegious statement to me but I just want to enjoy my newly coloured walls, my freshened up furniture, my brilliant new cushion covers. My house finally, finally looks great and that's enough for me now. I don't really want to get down what feels like 600 boxes of decorations and start putting them up. I have so much stuff it takes at least a week and I just want to relax for a little bit longer. Hopefully I'll be feeling more Christmassy by next week when the big decoration project gets underway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->