Anybody get a + opk before a + hpt?

I also got a positive opk and negative hpt, then the next day my hpt were positive!!! I definitely do not believe it is impossible... it happened to me so I'd say Yes!!!!

this is a women who is well known in this area for years. I hope this helps out

https://www.peestickparadise.com/opk_as_hpt.html

tried to copy and paiste but it keeps picking up a stupid add....lol

Pic is 12dpo. Top test hpt FMU, middle hpt SMU, bottom ovulation test with same pee as the middle test. First positive was 11dpo.

ur not supposed to dip opks and hpts in the same urine...can result in a false positive....

just so u know for future:thumbup:

I fail to see how dipping a hpt in a big pot of urine, followed by an opk in a big pot of urine is gonna lead to a false positive, the dye is never in contact with the urine the test area is never in contact with the urine. You can get a false positive from leaving them drying touching each other as the chemicals flow from one test to another. But using the same sample, hpt first?... I doubt it.

And if you look at my tests the hpt matches the earlier hpt taken alone so most definitely not a false positive.

Also my opk's are 20mIU.

im not the only one here as its in tons of posts not to use the same urine for both tests as they CAN turn each other postive...

if ur pregnant and it showed whatever it needed to show then that is great but your really not supposed to do that as it can cause a false positive...im just stating it so others dont get all heart broken by trying the same...

and again if u read around the forums you will see it mentioned a million times so Im not just saying it to say it.:thumbup:

As I said, they can turn each other positive from being in contact as the urine is running through the test and as they are drying. I'm aware of that fact. It is caused by the chemical on the test area of the ovulation test being absorbed and transferred onto the pregnancy test. I believe this is the fact that you have confused.

I fail to see how it is possible for a pregnancy test to show a false positive from a ovulation test being dipped in the same urine afterwards. It isn't physically possible or different from just taking the pregnancy test by itself.

I also very much doubt if I'd dipped ovulation test and then pregnancy test it would be physically possible for the urine to reach the test area on the test on the ovulation test and transfer enough of the chemicals on from the test area into the urine sample to cause a false positive. Generally when you take a test you remove it from the sample once it reaches the dye, so before it reaches the test area. Even if you left it in the sample for a long period of time before taking a pregnancy test it would need to be a very small sample for there to even be a remote possibility of transfer.

Just cos someone said it on the internet doesn't make it fact.

As I said, they can turn each other positive from being in contact as the urine is running through the test and as they are drying. I'm aware of that fact. It is caused by the chemical on the test area of the ovulation test being absorbed and transferred onto the pregnancy test. I believe this is the fact that you have confused.

I fail to see how it is possible for a pregnancy test to show a false positive from a ovulation test being dipped in the same urine afterwards. It isn't physically possible or different from just taking the pregnancy test by itself.

I also very much doubt if I'd dipped ovulation test and then pregnancy test it would be physically possible for the urine to reach the test area on the test on the ovulation test and transfer enough of the chemicals on from the test area into the urine sample to cause a false positive. Generally when you take a test you remove it from the sample once it reaches the dye, so before it reaches the test area. Even if you left it in the sample for a long period of time before taking a pregnancy test it would need to be a very small sample for there to even be a remote possibility of transfer.

Just cos someone said it on the internet doesn't make it fact.

i brang it up from here because you all are accustomed to here, but I worked in as a nurse in a Ob office for yrs and now In an ER . i never ever take anything off the net unless I know it to be true for myself. Not telling you that you NEED to believe what I say. Im just throwing it out there is all. I also NEVER google. As there is to much bs out there on anything.

opks are still positive!! done 3 today! il do another hpt tomorrow!!

todays tests! what do you think?
1st hpt slightly tweaked. opk v pos!!
Image.jpg

photo 1 (1).jpg

photo 2 (3).jpg

I think I see a shadow of a line on the 2nd and 3rd pictures.

Have you posted in the pregnancy test gallery? They are really good at deciphering really hard to read tests.

yeah I have a thread there too!!:thumbup:

if for some reason I didn't ov when I thought I had how long do the opks stay positive? I don't feel like im going to ov! im having a pulling sensation and a little pressure today x

I'm weird in that I often get 3 days of positive opks at ov time but I think it's more common to have 1 or 2 for ovulation.

my opk stays till the day after i get my period...that only just started a few months back....

before that i was normal 1-2 days and then it started to go and come back..

ugh being a women i grand LOL

I had a positive on an OPK 2days in a row. The bought a HPt and got a faint positive at 3-4 weeks :)

todays tests bfn on hpt but + opk not due on til sat so will see!!
photo.jpg

I also got a pos OPK on 3 preg before taking an HPT- the first time was a fluke- as I didnt know that could happen- the second time I experimented and it was the case and the 3rd time my HPT tests kept being negative - and I just knew I was pregnant- took an opk and pos- then took a HPT later- and it was finally pos. SO I agree- and your are def pos- thats not a LH surge before AF- it wouldnt be that dark.

And OPKs dont always test at 40, some detect just the quality not quantity, others at 25, others at 30.

I think its a BFP. Keep us posted!!! XOXO

Yay! I've been stalking this thread a bit for an update. So glad you finally got a +hpt!

Congrats ricschick! I had a whole week of positive opk's even though I knew I'd ovulated the week before. Turned out I was pregnant! Hpt didn't show up til 12dpo though but I had an inkling as it was strange all these positive opks!

CONGRATS on your :bfp: !!!!! At what DPO did your guys OPK's Start turning positive? I'm 5 dpo today...is that to soon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->