Anybody had their pets predict labour?

mayacat

Reaction score
I'm only 36 weeks 1 day, but my dog has been all up in my business more than normal the last couple of days. He's taken to lying down in our bedroom, which he almost never does and he's been a bit more snuggly than usual with me. Plus he's insistently sniffing places that I'd rather he not sniff! :haha:

The last time he acted like this was three days before I took my positive pregnancy test. He's a Great Pyrenees, so I'm wondering if he's getting his "protect-the-herd" mojo on and preparing for baby :D

Anybody had their dog (or cat!) successfully predict when they're going into labour? Or otherwise just act really cute with them in the last few weeks before?

This is my first so I can't say anything about predicting yet, but my cats have definitely taken notice and I think they've known for awhile that something is different :p When I'm sitting on the couch I'll sometimes have a few of them surrounding me, including ones that don't normally cuddle up to me. And they always try to knead my belly too, which they never did before!

My cats couldn't care less. The dogs are keeping me guessing, though! They spent a couple weeks being extra naughty, and then over the past week or so they've calmed down. Little Dog doesn't trust Evil Cat, and she's always a little concerned when Evil Cat snuggles with us, but now she really gets upset if Evil Cat gets too close to me. The other dog has definitely been more attached, but in a laid back way. DH has been sleeping on the couch for awhile because I'm snoring too much, and she mostly stays with him instead of coming up to the bedroom with me, but for the past week or so, she's stuck with me. I've gone into the bedroom during the day to get stuff done and closed the door (cats aren't allowed in there), and come out to find her waiting right outside the door. I'm sure she senses something is up, but I don't know how close I am.

I have a German shep and a Bullmastiff and both have been doing my head in since day one lol. They both turned into stalkers!! Its lovely really though and they have really kept me company since I left work.

Yea my cats are totally oblivious ... we have 3 and none of them seem the least bit keen to my condition. My one cat, who is a momma's boy and has to be on me and/or near me 24/7 doesn't have a clue. He even walks on my stomach without a care in the world. Its funny cause he will get in my lap while I'm sitting at my computer desk and will be right up against my bump and the baby will start kicking him. He just sits there in total ignorance and is like hmmm what's kicking me.

I have a bet going with my husband that the one cat I mentioned above is going to hiss at the baby when he sees him for the first time. My hubby doesn't think they will. I'm pretty sure since he is so attached to me he's going to feel threatened by the baby and I'm willing to bet I get at least 1 hiss out of him.

I have to drive my Havanese/yorkie mix away from me, especially this morning. My belly was like a magnet for her. I couldn't get her off of it. I actually made a Facebook update about her hopefully having super dog labour sensing powers, it was so bad. I'm currently in bed and she's curled up under the blankets next to my belly when she has the whole bed to lay out on if she wanted. Weird dog. She gets in my lap as much as she can and lays her head on me, like in the pic.

Last time my 19 year old cat was so attached to me. He used to lay outside the bathroom door waiting for me to come out, until a few days before I had her and he turned on me for the first time in his life. He would hiss at me and not come anywhere near me .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 9
My cat won't leave me alone. He has always been clingy but since about half way through my second tri he sat on my lap and cuddled around my bump. But this cat doesn't sit on laps. He's a rescue cat I have had for 7 years and never once has he sat on someone's lap until I was pregnant. Also I have two guinea pigs and one of them keeps sniffing my bump everytime we have cuddles.

I LOVE my furbabies, but they have started driving me nuts over the last week or so. My German Shepherd, the clingiest to begin with is so anxious. She sits next to me on the couch and paws at me and whines.

My two small terrier mutts won't even let me go to the bathroom by myself.

And my 20lb maine coon male cat (who does NOT cuddle or show affection) has cuddled with me a few times in the last two weeks... and kneaded my belly.

Bless them :haha:

The day I went into labour and was getting contractions my cat who hates me and usually never comes near me curled up on my bump and feel sound asleep. Was very cute! No bought she'll go back to hating me once we're home!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->