Anybody have brown cm? Should I be worried?

ricschick

Proud mummy of 6!
Reaction score
Today I've had brown cm when I wipe should I be worried??

I had brown cm with my ds and all was ok, brown is old blood and normally ok. I would call epu and see what they say x

It needs checking out. I had brown spotting this time around 7 weeks and a scan showed a sch (blood clot by the placenta). It could be that which needs monitoring. It could also be nothing as brown blood is after all old blood that needs to work its way out. Are you going to ask for a scan?

I had some brown spotting at 7 weeks and at 9 weeks. I called my midwife at 7 weeks and she basically said it's likely nothing, but take it easy for a day or so because even if it was a MC, they couldn't really do anything that early. Turned out that all was fine, likely just some old implantation bleeding coming out and we saw our baby's heartbeat last week!

I had brown CM with my last pregnancy, and he's now a 1 year old. I hope everything is okay with you, too! Edited to say: I think we're more prone to spotting when we've had a few babies because our cervices are more sensitive.

Thank you the last time I wiped there was nothing so il see how it goes!!

Nope just went to the loo and there's more brown, more than earlier?

I'm unsure who I would call as I'm only 8 weeks?

There should be an early pregnancy unit at your hospital to call for advice. Will be thinking of you but as others said probably all ok

I would call the epu at your local hospital, they are normally very helpful, some epu you can self refer others need the gp to do it, brown generally does mean old, though I know how terrifying it is to see any type of blood :hugs:

Thank you. I'm just going to see how it goes. If it gets any heavier il go to a&e.

I had a bit on Tuesday this week, when I was almost 6 1/2 weeks...it stopped, and I've had nothing since. Scan yesterday showed a baby at 7w1d, with a good heartbeat. I actually bled profusely with my son, who is now 2 1/2, and it went on and on, for no identifiable reason. Brown is oxidized blood, and is therefore old, so I wouldn't fret too much. <3

Thank you I'm going to try not too worry!! And see how it goes. Thanks ladies. Xxxxx

Still spotting seems darker but still brown and I do have a bit of a backache but I'm trying to think positive as everything I've read seems positive. Il just be glad once my scan is here!!!

Big hugs hun, I would call epu or your gp tomorrow just to get checked xx

Yeah I'm going to the epu in the morning it's a walk in service. I've just been to the loo and it's a bit redder? I'm worried sick now roll on the morning.

Will be thinking of you. Let us know how it goes tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->