Anybody here lactose intolerant?

sheeps24

A mummy!
Reaction score
Hi ive never had a problem eating cheese or drinking milk etc. I used to eat cheese every day but stop eating it a few months ago just to be healthier, I have milk when i make pasta and sauce and dairy in foods dont bother me, Lately everytime i drink a cup of coffee it gives me a bad stomach and it makes me need the bathroom :blush: I had a bad stomach this morning after i ate my cereal 2. I just drank a cup of coffee and before i even finished drinking it my stomach starts cramping and hurting, Could this be an allergy to milk? Or is there such thing as an allergy to caffeine?

I think I'm intolerant but it just makes me quesey more than anything. I have switched to soy milk and it has helped a lot. I also avoid cheese. The only kind of cheese I can seem to deal with is mozzarella, which is good coz I can still eat pizza ;) also cream has less lactose in than milk so maybe you could try that in your coffee instead?

I'm not sure if you can be intolerant to caffeine. I would say it's much more likely that its the milk x

Lactose intolerance and milk protein allergy are completely different. True milk protein allergy in adults is uncommon. Rarely you can have both and this is the case with OH and I. It's possible to develop an intolerance to lactose later in life. Lactose intolerance only affects the digestive system so it sounds like the possibility here xx

You can develope a intollerance or allergy ti anything at any point in life, you can even have a one off or random reaction to anything especialy if your taking medication or have a run down immunity during being poorly or even certain times where hormone levels are differant.
I used to be lactose intollerant when i was younger but mostly grew out of it but still get random attacks with certain ice creams

I'm intolerant to cow's milk (dunno whether it's lactose or not, the test just said cow's milk) but not cheese or yoghurt etc :haha: I'm intolerant to coffee and tea as well so I was thinking that must be caffeine? either way, it's possible to have an intolerance to tea and/or coffee because I had a food intolerance test which shows I am :)

try a milk alternative? I like unsweetened almond best but there are loads of options :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->