anyone been pregnant after ectopic?

chickchock

Reaction score
Just after some advice.

Firstly how do you get through those first 2 weeks waiting for the scan? And also, is pain (v mild) in the kidney sort of area anything to worry about?

I am analysing every pain I get and getting paranoid and worried and I have so long to wait for the scan in a couple of weeks. Everytime I get a pain on the side my tube has been removed I'm not worried and kind of pleased that things are stretching etc as they say they should, but then when its on the other side where i still have the tube i start to worry its happening again.

Its really hard trying to put being preg to the back of my mind until the 6 weeks scan. I don't have a date for that yet either as got to wait for the hospital to call me after doc said he'd refer me (I bet that's just in a pile in the outtray too).

Positive signs are my bfps were very strong and the cbdigi needed minimal time to come up with 'pregnant' and it says 2-3 which is right whereas last time my bfps were faint and also cbdigi didnt show til a few days later and even then said 1-2. I am tired and have sore boobs etc. But the actual pg symptoms i had last time anyway for the first week until i got the spotting so :shrug:

Any advice appreciated. x x

First of all, congratulations on your :bfp:! How far along are you?
I had an ectopic in June and I found out I was pregnant again last week. I've been so excited, but nervous at the same time. I've promised myself that I would enjoy this pregnancy and try hard not to worry too much, but like you every slight cramp on my right side makes my heart skip a beat.
I get my first blood test results back tomorrow; hoping and praying that it's a nice, big number. If the numbers are low they'll bring me in for a 6-week ultrasound, but if the numbers are good I'll have to wait until 9 weeks. :wacko:
My HPTs were also good and strong this time around, and I feel a lot better symptom-wise - with the ectopic I had pretty strong symptoms before I got the + test, and I was always feeling dizzy and headachey. This time around I have cramping and my BBs are bigger, but overall I feel good. I hope these are all signs that things are OK.
Anyways, I don't have any advice for you, but I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone and that someone else is going through the same thing.
Chin up, and I hope you have a healthy and happy 9 weeks.

Congratulations to you too Anna!

Thanks for your reply. My ectopic was also in June and I'm 4 + 2 today so only a few days behind you. I won't get any blood tests I don't think unless I ask for them before the 6 week scan. Even though you have to wait til 9 weeks for a scan at least you can have your mind put at rest a bit with blood results I guess?

How are you feeling? I'm just getting a teensy bit of nausea first thing in the morning and also I am very very tired, but other than that not many symptoms (oh and the bbs hurting of course!)

I'm going to call the hospital tommo if I haven't heard from them by the afternoon. I just want a date for the scan and then I'll be able to relax a little. x x

Hey chick. How are you feeling today? I don't have many symptoms yet either, just cramping, sore BBs, and I've been really thirsty! Also, my face has been red and blotchy all week. :shrug:
I got the blood results back today and my hcg levels at 4wks4d was 425. Apparently it's at a normal level. I'm waiting for more results back tomorrow to see if the number is doubling. FX'd! Also, it turns out I'll be getting a 6-week scan after all! :happydance: I'll hopefully be able to see the little one next Thursday! Have you got a date scheduled for yours yet? When it happens please be sure to post a picture if you can, and I'll do the same.

Hi Anna, that's great news about your scan, and also your blood results, yay!

I haven't heard from the hospital yet, so on Monday if I don't get anything through the post I'm going to phone them and try to book it for the following Tuesday, when I'll be exactly 6 weeks. It will work out well if it can be that date as my DH will be back from abroad and our DD will be with the childcarer so we won't have to tell anyone else why we're going.

How are you feeling this weekend? The days are surely dragging for me!

Hello Chick!
I am going bonkers waiting too, so I know the feeling! I had blood tests done last week as I was so concerned and they came back fine but I'm still worrying as I have a mild pain on my right (good) side which is pretty relentless. I'm not in a lot of pain, I can just feel it there iyswim, but the good news is I've been getting a lot of pulling and stretching cramps in the middle which I didn't have last time. My scan is a week on Monday when I'll be 6+1 so we'll be due about the same date! Good luck when you call the doctors tomorrow.

Thanks misspink. Can I ask, how did you get the date for your scan? Did you call the hospital yourself or did the doctor arrange it for you? I'm tempted to ask for blood tests but I'm not sure they'd do anything to put my mind at rest- what if they came back not looking good, then I'll just worry even more, and if they came back OK will I even take that as a good thing or just still prepare myself for the worst? It's very hard isn't it! x

I called the lady at the epu who I saw last time around and explained that I was very concerned because of the pains I was having. She explained to me that they'd happily do blood tests for me but they wouldn't necessarily give me any hard and fast answers. Apparantly 13% of women who's levels rise normally still go on to have an ectopic, however this may be specific to my hospital I'm not sure. Also she explained that if the levels aren't rising properly that doesn't always mean the pregnancy is doomed to failure. I decided that if there was a chance good results would calm me down a bit until the scan it would be worth having the bloods done, and my levels came back at 273 at 4+1 and 600 and something at 4+3 so they were very happy with that. When she called me to give me the results she booked me in for the scan.
Even though my levels are good I'm not going to be able to relax until after the scan but I think in hindsight I'm pleased I had the tests despite the phlebotomist making a complete mess of my arm :growlmad:.
Good luck whatever you decide.
x

Thanks misspink. I just want it to be tommorow now so I can call the hospital. I'll feel so much better when that date is on my calendar! How is your arm now?

Hi chick,
How did you get on with the hospital? My arm's alright thanks, still bruised but it's stopped hurting now. Think next time I'll ask to see the needle they're gonna use as that one must have been huge!

Hi misspink

My scan is next Thursday! 9 days and counting! I'll be 6 + 2. The GP I spoke to a week ago hadn't even refferred me yet, so it was a waste of time really. I spoke to the lady on the phone who scanned me last time when I had the EP, so I was quite impressed with that. They let me book the date with them there and then, which I was also impressed with, as so often you get told you have to wait to go through the proper channels.

My advice might not be what you are looking for but after an ectopic and a miscarriage last year this time I just kept telling myself not to get my hopes up. Doesn't sound too cheerleadery or positive I know :( I just said to myself if this one goes well it is a bonus but don't expect too much.

But It helped me to go into self preservation mode. And this time we didn't tell anyone until 6+5 scan showed it was in the right place and even then we only told mums. I'm still not great about talking about it to anyone.

Just remember that you have been through a terrible trauma and whatever you can do to relieve the terrible pressure of a PAL pregnancy is your right to do.

I wish all of the pregnant after ectopic ladies the best of luck and safe wee babies in the fullness of time xx

oooh that last post seemed a bit Eeyore-ey. Sorry. Just trying to express that feeling guilty about feeling worried just adds more pressure.

Hi fedup waiting, thanks for your reply, it was good to see things from a different view point. Once my DH got home after his trip away I was able to be a lot more positive and actually to an extent forget about all the worry.

Just an update- my scan showed a baby in my uterus with a heartbeat, so we're very relieved. Just gotta get the next 6 weeks out the way before we believe it and starts to tell people.

wonderful news!! I am so happy for you. It is something so many mums take for granted but knowing that baby is growing in the right place is something we truly treasure.

I wish you and all P.A.E women reading this a safe and wonderful pregnancy

xxxxx

Hi PAE ladies!
I had an ectopic last June. needed methotrexate, and had to wait 6 months before TTC again. we got pregnant on the 2nd cycle of trying, and got our BFP yesterday.
I rang my GP yesterday, and booked an apt for Tuesday. When I see him, im gonna demand a scan for the week after (when Im 6 weeks). If he wont arrange it, I will ring EPAU and book it myself.
Its such a strange position to be in, being pregnant after an ectopic. Every twinge terrifies you. And you cant get excited until you know your baby is growing in the right place.
I wish you all lots and lots of luck with your babies.
xx

ps: great news about your scan last week Chickchock!

Hi hun, congratulations! Wishing you all the best and I hope your scan comes round quick, the wait really is torture! x x x

Thanks Hun.
I will let you know when I have a date for my scan
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"