Anyone been prescribed cyclizine?

choc

Reaction score
I've been prescribed this by my doctor for nausea but it makes me feel strange. I feel spaced out and mega tired and my arms and legs feel funny, i can't really explain it. Anyway if I carry on with them will my body get used to them, do I need to give them more of a chance. Or should I just ask the doctor to try something else?

I was having cyclizine injections in my last pregnancy and it just made me sleep so was prescribed other meds instead it took a hospital admission to get them as my gp wouldn't

it makes me feel very odd to i could not stay awake the other day but it does get rid of my sickness not needed to take 1 today as i feel a little better i just take them when i need 2 x

I was on codeine and cyclizine for 6 weeks in my last pregnancy - the codeine made me throw up constantly but wasn't spaced out. When I started the cyclizine at 31 weeks I was like a zombie and felt out of reality. I hated it but was in hospital the whole time so had to lump it as had no other choice than to deliver the baby (not something I would consent to as she was fine - wasn't going to have them take her out 9 weeks early because I was in agony.)

I never got used to the cyclizine - was spaced out and felt very odd until I was induced at 37 weeks.

Thanks for the input. I've made an appointment with my doc to try something else.

I had them :/ Made me feel horrible yuk! Light headed, uncontrollable jittery movements, was very weird. I only took one x

Yes sounds similar to me sammie. Did you go back for an alternative?

I'm on diclegis and it's wonderful! My nausea is almost completely gone... I do feel a bit groggy, but other than that... GREAT! :thumbup:

Are you in the UK hopeful?

No, I'm in the US, but they do have it in the UK just under a different name

US market as Diclegis; formerly Bendectin in the US; Debendox in the UK; Lenotan and Merbental in other countries and currently available in Canada as Diclectin

This is from webMD, you might want to call your doc and see if they will let you try this medicine! Debendox is the name in the UK.
:happydance:

Thanks hopeful, I'll mention it definitely.

I'm in the UK I was prescribed ondansetron and metaclopramide. Good luck hope you find something that works for you xxx

Ive never taken this but as a nurse they are very common side effects of cyclizine, id ask for an alternative x

I'm on this along with loads other sickness meds yukkk

Does it make you feel strange Hayley?

A friend of mine swears by Domperidone. She's on her fourth pregnancy and all her children are happy and healthy. We're UK based too.

I had hyperemesis and was started on prochlorperazine/stemitil (did nothing), then cyclizine (made me feel spaced out and horrible) and then finally ondansetron/zofran. I took the zofran melts up until around the 20 week mark; they took the edge off my sickness. Consultant at the hospital said zofran is the 'last resort' as such, as it costs the NHS so much!

yes i have and they make me feel the same, not a nice feeling at all. doc won't give me anything else so I've decided i will just use them on my worst days x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->