Anyone been referred to fertility clinic

josey123

Reaction score
has anyone on here been referred to a fertility clinic? i have my 1st app on tues and wondering what they will do....?

I had a reversal done in 2009 fell pregnant year to date last august unfortunately was ectopic and lost left tube i then fell pregnant in nov luckily able to save this tube...so i went to docs to see if he could refer me to my consultant who did my reversal operation... to see if he would do a HSG....next min i recieve a letter to say they have referred me to a fertility clinic that has only been open a year at our local hospital and had to ring up asap to make appointment so now i go on tues...but looked on website and they do 4 options one of them ivf.....so confused x

I have never been refereed but I wanted to wish you good luck. It's good news that there going to try and help you! X

The 4 options will be different treatments but an HSG is a test, it's likely that they'll do a few different tests of you and your other half and then decide how they can best help you.

I've been seeing the consultant at the fertility clinic for 2 years now and I've had all sorts of tests - mostly blood tests but also an HSG, various ultrasounds. I've also had laparoscopies in the past for endometriosis.

At your first appointment, they'll find out your full history and probably do some blood tests and take it from there. They'll probably want to do a SA on your OH too. My DH had to give his sample first thing in the morning and then we had our joint first appointment with the consultant later that day.

If you want any more info on any of the tests, PM me and I'll be happy to tell you about my experience of them.

Thanks ladies me and oh both had tests done before reversal and both came back fine...received letter to say app has now been moved to the 25th am so annoyed when that happens also af due that day who knows the app might scare it away for 9..months....wiswill keep you updated thanks ickle will stay in touch x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->