anyone been told the sex for it to be wrong?

babytots

Reaction score
just wondering if this has happened to anyone? i had a gender scan at 17 weeks and songrapher said she though baby was a girl but i'm not overly convinced. not only did she seem to rush when checking the sex but baby was in an awkward position and so she couldnt get a fantastic view. the scan pic she has given me confuses me even more. although there looks to be the hamburger shape for a girl there a white bit in front of it which makes me wonder if thats a willy and the hamburger shape is infact testicles.

i'm probably just grasping at straws here but i know with my youngests gender scan at 21 weeks i was told that boys can get mixed up with girls.

the pic also looks different to my daughters toilet shot of her lady bits and every pic online i have seen of a gender shot none of the have this white bit in front of them.

part of me is hoping they have got it wrong though i know deep down they are probably right. x

My friend was told she was having a girl. The sonographer said nothing about being not sure and showed her the 3 lines that you can sometimes see on a girl scan, there was no obvious little boy bits! Then 19 weeks later out poped a little boy! Not sure how common it is for it to be wrong, but it does happen. xx

thanks hun a friend of mine was also told a girl at her 20 week scan for a 4d scan at 28ish weeks to be told boy and out popped a little boy. just wondering how common this is! roll on the 27th when i have my 20 week scan and fingers crossed baby gives us a good view so then i know in myself that baby is definately a girl! x

I think it's more common for them to say "it's a girl" and for it to be a boy than the other way round, who knows?

thanks kitten thats what i was told so its made me wary of beleiving its actually a girl since we didnt get a good look and the sonographer seemed unsure. with my youngest i definately knew she was a girl as the pic of her lady bits is as clear as day whereas with this baby it just isnt as clear. x

my brother and his wife were told with child number 5 that they were having a boy...Now she had something wrong with her womb and so had to get constant scans and everytime they were told it was def a boy. So they spent thousands of £ on designer boys clothes (they aer like that will but nothing but designer for their kids) and when she gave birth Oliver turned out to be Molly lol. Luckily for them number 6 was a boy so they didnt waste all that money after all!

thanks hun bless your sister! at least those clothes didnt go to waste eh?! x

yes with my last pregnancy we was told a girl and i wasnt sure so bought unisex clothes.
we had a boy so lucky i did.
this pregnancy we didnt ask mainly because of they getting it wrong last time....

in my area you dont get the option of finding out the sex as too many people complained about being told the wrong thing

I didn't find out with my first.
With my second you couldn't miss his 'bits' on the scan (he isn't shy,lol).
This time at my 20 week scan the sonographer said they give their opinion if 90% or more sure.
He said he was sure 95% a boy.

Went for a growth scan and he said "If you don't want to know the sex look away now".
I told him about how he had thought it was a boy at my 20 week scan.
He said "Phew,thank God for that,because I can see a definite scrotum and penis there".

So he said no doubts at all now,is a boy :)

I do know a woman who was told she was having a boy at 4 different scans and out came a girl!

Someone I know was told they were having a boy, and then when they give birth a couple of weeks ago it was a girl. Now they are stuck with all the boys things that they had bought!

With Valerie I was told at every scan Little boy...... needless to say it was a girl and my dr. even sent me an apology card for having told me the whole time it was a boy!! Still going to find out this time tho b/c now that i have been teased with mommas boy i want him!!!! However I will be happy to have been blessed with a happy healthy baby you know !!

thanks ladies for your input! so it seems its quite common for them to get it wrong. even a couple of friends said my scan pic doesnt look right. not going to buy anything til my 20 week scan to get it confirmed but the next 3 weeks are going to be a killer being in limbo like this. x

We've been told we're having a boy; however, they did say its only 90% accurate. It hasn't stopped us buying boy clothes, lets hope when baby arrives in 5 wks he is a he and not a she; or we will be ebaying a lot of clothes lol.

Cx

I'm terrified mine is going to be wrong and turn out a boy. I have evrything i need for her except clothes, so my whole £500 surestart grant will be spent on clothes. If its a boy what the hell am i going to do then!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->