Anyone BFing and trying to lose weight?

Other than my toast I had a PB sandwich for lunch and supper was two hot dogs and fruit :) Not too bad for today... OH is off to the store so I know I will have a few chips lol... I was out raking our yard today though so had some exersize!

Yay good for you!

Today, some toast and tomato soup :) 25% less calories than the regular, never even knew it existed lol :smug: hehe

i bf and go to slimming world i lost 11 and half lb in 4 weeks at the class and 1 stone 4 lb in 4 weeks doing it at home as i knew the plan good luck all the ladies shedding the lbs :hugs:

Didn't losing that much, that quickly affect your supply? I was told that you should only lose 1.5lbs a week if you're EBF, or it would mess with your supply.

Didn't losing that much, that quickly affect your supply? I was told that you should only lose 1.5lbs a week if you're EBF, or it would mess with your supply.

I heard that too... :shrug:

i followed slimming world all pregnancy and after my little man gains around 8oz a week so nothing wrong with my milk supply mind you mw did say i have good stuff cause he gained 8oz in 3 days once lol i have huge boobies at 38 f don't know if tham makes a difference i do loose 2 -2and half a week but before i bf i used to loose 3 plus lb but got cocky and never stuck to plan i have just started silver body magic as well to give me a boost as i did nothing all preg cause i tend to bleed alot if i do exercise so i just stuck to plan and rested :hugs:

i followed slimming world all pregnancy and after my little man gains around 8oz a week so nothing wrong with my milk supply mind you mw did say i have good stuff cause he gained 8oz in 3 days once lol i have huge boobies at 38 f don't know if tham makes a difference i do loose 2 -2and half a week but before i bf i used to loose 3 plus lb but got cocky and never stuck to plan i have just started silver body magic as well to give me a boost as i did nothing all preg cause i tend to bleed alot if i do exercise so i just stuck to plan and rested :hugs:
My little guy's the same! He's done nothing but GROW! I just want to make sure he gets what he needs! Even though I'm trying to lose slowly, I'm still keeping an eye on it to make sure he's satsified.

Hi :wave:

I don't calorie count or weigh, just go by clothes size and I've back to my pre-pregnancy clothes so thats good. I get my little man weighed every few weeks and he's gaining weight fine.

I don't think my diet is very good tbh, but I've tried to cut out snacking. My main problem at the moment is I need to sort out my tummy...:(

Oh and just a thought - but do you have a Wii? I found Wii Fit is pretty useless for weightloss, and insulting - though good for balance/toning, but EA Fitness is fantastic for both and quite fun.

Hi :wave:

I don't calorie count or weigh, just go by clothes size and I've back to my pre-pregnancy clothes so thats good. I get my little man weighed every few weeks and he's gaining weight fine.

I don't think my diet is very good tbh, but I've tried to cut out snacking. My main problem at the moment is I need to sort out my tummy...:(

Oh and just a thought - but do you have a Wii? I found Wii Fit is pretty useless for weightloss, and insulting - though good for balance/toning, but EA Fitness is fantastic for both and quite fun.
Good for you, for fitting into your pre-preg clothes! I'm still not quite there, but only a few sizes bigger.
I tried to cut out snacking as well, but found I was STARVING. So now I'm still snacking, but snacking healthier.
I agree about the Wii Fit. It sucks for weightloss. I mostly just do the Yoga and balancing games. For cardio, I use my elliptical trainer.

Thanks - although its only the bigger end of the pre-pregnancy ones so got a way to go.

What yoga ones do you do? I wasn't very good at them last I tried!

I do most of the Yoga positions. I have then all together in a workout, so I don't have to click on each one individually, and go through all the intro and ending of each position (so annoying, and just wastes time!!) I used to do Yoga a lot, and this is helping me get back into it. Also, it was nice to see I was doing some of them correctly (and be able to change the ones I wasn't!).

I'm going to do weight watchers :) Well... try lol

Good luck! I'm short on money at the moment, which is why I'm trying to do it on my own.
Also, I'm not sure I could follow a plan. I'd try and cheat too much to make it worth the money!

Good luck! I'm short on money at the moment, which is why I'm trying to do it on my own.
Also, I'm not sure I could follow a plan. I'd try and cheat too much to make it worth the money!

Oh Im not going to the meetings etc... just following the points system kind of :) I have all the points and food list here, so we shall give it a go.

I ahve a secret :S.
I "forgot" to diet :)...so as of tommorrow, i promise this time

Yeah I've went off lol... this week Im going to cut out any junk though, and just eat normally and see how it goes along with working out (dancing 20-30 mins a day) :)

I'll admit I had a bit of a bad weekend as well.
I didn't get any workouts in, and ate a little too poorly.
Back on track tomorrow though!!

Can I join in?! I would love to do weight watchers but can't afford it. Anyone know a place online that has the points, etc? I'm horrible at staying motivated so I could use some coaches. :lol: I am the exact same weight that I was when going in to have Emma at 40+3 pregnant. :blush: I'm definitely one of those unfortunate breastfeeding women that has retained the weight instead of losing it all.

Can I join in?! I would love to do weight watchers but can't afford it. Anyone know a place online that has the points, etc? I'm horrible at staying motivated so I could use some coaches. :lol: I am the exact same weight that I was when going in to have Emma at 40+3 pregnant. :blush: I'm definitely one of those unfortunate breastfeeding women that has retained the weight instead of losing it all.
Sure you can join! The more, the merrier!
I don't know a place that has the points, but maybe some one else does. Try Googling it? I'm sure it's somewhere out there.

Anyone here trying to lose some weight, while BFing?
I don't want to join a program, mainly because I don't have the money atm. I figure if I start exercising, and eat a little bit smarter, I should be able to drop a few pounds. I don't want to lose it too quickly though, because I don't want to affect my supply.
Anyone else in the same situation as me? Or have been there before and have some tips?

Back to OP...

I am BFing... my son is 17 months... I also gained weight while nursing. I just was so hungry all the time! :munch:

My only advice is too keep fluids up even if you do not feel thirsty. I dried up a couple times trying to diet... used this for an "excuse" to not diet :lol:

also take vitamins if you are not (which you should be anyhow)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->