Anyone BFing and trying to lose weight?

Hiya Cleckner! I have a huge list, and all the fast food lists too, Mom got them for me. I will get the links from her today and send them to you. You would be surprised on how much you can still have :thumbup:

I am doing WWers myself as I don't have the money to pay for it just now. I've done it before so know how many points I should be on while bfing and how fast I should lose the weight. It's the only diet I trust while bfing coz I know I am eating enough not to affect my milk (did it after my son was born 2 years ago too). Anyone interested in doing it without signing up I can give you the help you need.

Anyone here trying to lose some weight, while BFing?
I don't want to join a program, mainly because I don't have the money atm. I figure if I start exercising, and eat a little bit smarter, I should be able to drop a few pounds. I don't want to lose it too quickly though, because I don't want to affect my supply.
Anyone else in the same situation as me? Or have been there before and have some tips?

Back to OP...

I am BFing... my son is 17 months... I also gained weight while nursing. I just was so hungry all the time! :munch:

My only advice is too keep fluids up even if you do not feel thirsty. I dried up a couple times trying to diet... used this for an "excuse" to not diet :lol:

also take vitamins if you are not (which you should be anyhow)
This has also been my "excuse"! I tell everyone "Oh, I don't want to affect my supply", and while I really don't want to affect my supply, it's not really a valid excuse, because it can be done without affecting it!
As for the water...I do feel thirsty, especially in the mornings. I have a huge water bottle (equivalent to almost 3 glasses of water), that I use while exercising. I make sure to drink all of it each workout, even if I'm not that thirsty. That, along with the glasses I make sure I drink at each meal mean I won't be lacking in that area!

Hiya Cleckner! I have a huge list, and all the fast food lists too, Mom got them for me. I will get the links from her today and send them to you. You would be surprised on how much you can still have :thumbup:
Oooh! Can I have the links as well? While I'm not really planning on following an official "diet", it would be interesting to look at. It would give me a better idea of how to make my current eating habits a bit healthier.

I am doing WWers myself as I don't have the money to pay for it just now. I've done it before so know how many points I should be on while bfing and how fast I should lose the weight. It's the only diet I trust while bfing coz I know I am eating enough not to affect my milk (did it after my son was born 2 years ago too). Anyone interested in doing it without signing up I can give you the help you need.

I'd love any info you have for it! Same to you Mum2J&K. :flower: Like how many points we are allowed, what points each food has, etc. I can share my weight and height if I have to although I would rather not...:rofl::rofl: It's not good. :blush:

I'd love any info you have for it! Same to you Mum2J&K. :flower: Like how many points we are allowed, what points each food has, etc. I can share my weight and height if I have to although I would rather not...:rofl::rofl: It's not good. :blush:

No "stats" needed! lol
This thread isn't necessarily a weigh-in, just a place where we can share info, successes/failures, frustrations, thoughts, etc.

:haha: Well I just figured maybe the stats are needed to calculate points right? Don't they start out giving higher points to the 'bigger' ladies?

I bet a weigh in on here would motivate us all more. :thumbup:

:haha: Well I just figured maybe the stats are needed to calculate points right? Don't they start out giving higher points to the 'bigger' ladies?

I bet a weigh in on here would motivate us all more. :thumbup:
I never thought about that! However, I wasn't really going to use the point system. I just want the point values! My thinking is, if I'm going to eat healthier, the points would be a guide as to which foods to eat. (ie - those with a smaller point value would be better for me to eat)
As for a weigh in...I do that in my weight loss journal. Sure, hardly anyone reads it, but I'm okay with that. The information is still out there for all to see, and therefore motivates me to make the numbers lower!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->