Anyone buying their lo a bike?

DCS

Reaction score
Will it be with the other gifts? Both my LOs are getting a bike. To have them up would take up alot of space in the very tiny room. I thought about doing a golden ticket, once they find it, they can trade it in for a surprise present ( bike). We would keep the bikes in the garage, when we let the dog out could bring it into the garden. Then bring the kids outside or bring the bikes in.
I'm just not sure 2 year old dd would get it.
Has anyone got any other ideas?

Personally I'd have them in the living room then move them into the garage ready to ride once they got dresses. I think the golden ticket would go over the 2 year olds head. Things need to be tangible at that age in my opinion.

DS got a balance bike when he was 2. On Christmas morning he absolutely refused to acknowledge it. He was delighted with all his other presents but when I tried to point out the bike, which was his main gift, he'd stiffen slightly and pretend he hadn't heard me. I felt so deflated that he hated his main present and after a little bit of playing with him, I went to the kitchen to make breakfast. But when I peeped back in at him a few minutes later there he was, sitting up on the bike, trying it out. I ran in all delighted that he was playing with it and he hopped off and went back to pretending it didn't exist. I had to leave the room again before he'd get back on it. He needed to master it, in private because he didn't want anyone to see him make a mistake.

We bought DD a bike for Christmas last year. We keep it in the dining room as we don't have any sheltered storage space outside.

We usually put all in living room and then move them after seen them. though this year both are getting new bikes and football net between them so might have to go outside

We are getting lo a new bike for Christmas. The bike will be hidden in the shed or spare room. We are going to get a helium balloon and tie it to the handle bars. After the initial present shredding one of us will pop out and take the bike to the front door. We will ring the bell and have lo answer the door (we will have sneaked in back door). We will say that it must have fallen off Santas sleigh and an elf rang the bell.

DD1 has a bike this year. Atm it's in the box in the shed (she thinks the postman came to pick it up to send it to Santa, as she came with us to buy it). On the day will depend on how much space her other presents take up, as our living room is small. I hope it can go in the livingroom though, if not, it'll be in the kitchen.

We are getting our daughter her first bike. It will be from Santa (as my sons was) so will appear in our living room in the morning for her. We'll move it outside after that.

I LOVE the balloon idea. The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced dd will just follow DSs lead. So will just copy him. I realy wish we could have it out but we probably wouldn't be able to get in the room , can't hide it in the kitchen because, we usualy go straight in there for a snack.

My 3yr old is getting a bike this year. I might just hide it in the kitchen and wheel it in if there's no space in the living room

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->