Anyone coming off the pill and waiting for their period to return?

LDC

Reaction score
As the title says really....

I've come off microgynon and was due my period yesterday ish (can be any time up to Wednesday) after being on it for 18 months.

When I came off to have dd (after being on it for 8 years) I had my initial withdrawal bleed, then didn't get af for two months.

Really hoping that I come on this week just so I know where I stand.

I know I was lucky before when I came off, but it's so hard not knowing where I am in my cycle and not being able to chart. I've just brought some ovulation tests off the net and am going to try those in a week or so.

Just feeling disheartened I guess xx

I was on microgynon also I've been off it 2 weeks I only took one 9 pills I've never felt so crap on my life so decided to stop taking it I came off it on 27th Jan as I'd took a bad bug and was glued to toilet and I have a 5 day withdrawal / breakthrough bleed from 1st to 5th Feb so I guess it's a waiting game now I think my cycles were around 32/33 but who knows I've just felt extremely tierd and hungry and a headache here and there and crampy I don't know what's up with me but my bleeding stopped 3 days ago xx

Hey Girls, I came off microgynon in Nov 2014 last year an had my withdrawal bleed for 4 days, then after that my real period came 32 days after! I have since had two more periods in Dec 14 which came bang on 28 days and Jan 15 which came at 28/29 days (not sure as i went sleep at 10pm and woke up with it their! I know its frustrating, i did not have much of a wait but even when my period was 32 days i was frustrated. Hope it comes for you soon x

I was taking Lo Loestrin and came off at the beginning of December. I had my withdrawal bleed and nothing since! I originally went on birth control 1. Because it's birth control but also 2. Because I wasn't getting my period.

Although I've spoken with my doctor and he believes nothing is really wrong, I'm terrified that I won't be able to get pregnant.

Thanks for the replies ladies.

It's horrible, had some cramping today so hoping that's af coming (currently day 30)...who knows. I've started opking now just to get used to doing it as I've never done it before so then I'm well prepared for a positive.

Otterpup, are you temping or taking opks? You should still ovulate without your periods :)

Think it might get confusing too with different cycle lengths like you've written bringon, something else to try and get my head around!!

I haven't been since it's only been a couple months. My cycle has always been irregular, so it would be difficult to use opks... Super expensive! I haven't started temping yet, but only recently got back on a normal schedule where it might be possible for me to. I know... Excuses, excuses! I'm trying to be relaxed about my approach since it's still early.

Hey I just thought I would share with you the experiences I had when Ive come off the pill in the past.

I was on Microgynon30 for 4 years, came off while my parter was away for 6 months, I got my withdrawal bleed then no other period in that 6 months. I started taking the pill again (when my partner came back) and I just had normal withdrawal bleeds.

About a year later, in Dec 2012 I stopped taking the pill again. We wanted to give my body plenty of time to get my cycle back to normal before we started TTC, as we knew it might take over 6 months. I had a withdrawl bleed as normal then no period for 9 months!!!

Since then they have been pretty regular (33-35 days) give or take the odd cycle which have been 43 & 47 days. We have only just started TTC now so it didnt worry me too much when I didnt have a period for so long, Im just so glad i came off the pill with plenty of time to get my cycles back!!

I hope you dont have to wait as long as I did.. and Ive heard that women can be very fertile the first month they come off the pill. GL xxx

thanks Lottie, I'm now CD39.... driving me insane. Had feelings that AF was going to rear her head but then nothing. although im hoping that's a semi good thing that I've had period type pains, just no bleeding!!

think my main panic now is that I won't be able to conceive until i get some kind of AF - my brain is in overdrive and every time I go to the loo I'm hoping!!

Otterpup, definitely wise to try and keep it as casual as possible if you can. I succumbed and brought OPKs off Amazon, although it only cost me a couple of pounds for 30 and 5 pregnancy tests so wasn't too bad. Now that AF is SO far gone, think I'm just more curious about ovulation than anything else. Turning into a crazy lady!!

Like I said TRYING to stay relaxed... Definitely some full on crazy happening in my head!

I'm also hoping to get a period soon so I can feel like the TTC is actually productive. Right now, I not sure it is. I've been taking a pregnancy test every week, just in case because I think my period is now 40+ "days late."

Ive just noticed your thread, I posted a similar questions. Stopped my microgynon end of Nov had the withdrawal bleed and that's been it. I did have the similar slight cramping and sore boobs just no bleeding. I used 2 of the cheap strip tests (one last week and one this week) and both negative.
It's reassuring to see that im not alone but slightly frightened I may have to wait so long for my periods to get into a regular routine!! :shrug:

i stopped the mini pill dec 1st had my first cycle 34days later second was 40 days hoping next will be shorter

Hi kellie, it is horrible. Mine is showing no signs of arriving, did another test last night with another bfn so not going to test anymore as I'm just getting sad! Going to try my opks instead and see if I get any results on that.

I don't want to be ttc either if there's no hope...it's not a nice feeling

Xx

update....AF arrived this morning!

Hopefully that means things are returning to normal for you! Mine still hasn't come. My last bleed was my withdrawal bleed on December 7th. I'm getting really used to negative tests. If I ever get a positive, I don't know how I'd reacte!

Planning on calling my doctor on Thursday.

Hopefully that means things are returning to normal for you! Mine still hasn't come. My last bleed was my withdrawal bleed on December 7th. I'm getting really used to negative tests. If I ever get a positive, I don't know how I'd reacte!

Planning on calling my doctor on Thursday.

Fingers crossed, started charting now to try and keep an eye on things.

I'd definitely give them a call and see what they say, they may give suggestions to kick start things. Good luck, I hope you're not waiting much longer, I know how crappy it is just waiting and waiting x

I'm sorry to change the subject but I haven't seen many other posts about stopping the pill.

I just wondered if any of you had negative symptoms after stopping? I've been off for about 7 months and STILL have the worst acne I've ever had! Even when I was a teenager it wasn't this bad. Mostly on my face and back.

And I swear my facial hair is growing faster and darker!! I rarely used to pluck and now I do every other day!

Anyone else???

I was on a super low hormone pill. I think 10 mg vs. The 30 that's in most. I've noticed a bit more facial hair, but it's something I've always struggled with. It's not a lot worse and might be in my head.

Update:called my doctor and have an appointment with him on Monday. I have no idea what he'll say, but I imagine not a lot.

Oh wow. This thread just made me officially nervous to come off BCP! I went without it for one month about six months ago because it got lost in the mail, but AF showed up as normal like clockwork. Then again, it was much lighter than I remember it being from before I started BC, so who knows if I O'd? I read somewhere that AF is a sign of that, but.. it just seemed off, the same as a withdrawal bleed. -shrug- As for symptoms, I don't remember noticing anything different at all, and I was on a combination pill, so high levels of hormones. Hmm.

Guess we'll find out. Fingers crossed for all of us!

Mine was a combination as well. If you got your AF at all, you're one step ahead of me! I have a feeling you'll be fine. Most are. The only reason I'm nervous is because it went on birth control because I wasn't getting my period. So chances are I just masked a bigger problem... At the time, I didn't want to get pregnant, so it was no biggie! :)

good luck for monday otterpup, keep me updated on how you get on. Just make sure you really drum it into them...you know what most drs are like, they're happy to let you walk out just as dumbfounded as when you walked in. I hope they do something to kick start your cycles or at least to look into things a little bit more.

I think if I do catch and then have a baby, I'll go back onto my combined pill, but if I were to want to try for another baby, I'd come off it like 6 months before I thought that we might actively start TTC. Maybe that's the advice I'd give everyone?!

I haven't noticed much of a difference in me since coming off the pill, I have had a couple more spots but I've been drinking more water so that might have more to do with it than the pill itself. I did have some horrible stomach cramps the month I came off too, I thought that might have been ovulation pains but at the time I didn't have ewcm and I do get that when I ovulate.

Sierraecho - are you back on the pill now? I would come off a little while before you want to start actively ttc as it can take a little time for AF to regulate again. I ha my withdrawal bleed then was exactly a week late to come on the month after. I know I was lucky though as there are so many people that don't get it back for months. When I came off for DD I missed a month and then got it again the month after. My AF was heavier than when I was taking the pill, although the pattern of it was still the same...so I come on and come off kinda immediately...I don't have any spotting before or after, I'm literally not on, then on, then on and off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->