Anyone considered giving up

Hey, don´t give up, but don´t be obsessed either. Easier said than done, I know :winkwink:
I am almost to the point now where I think I might just give up and look into going the adoption route. It seems like everytime I give up and take a break I end up getting pg and having some form of a MC then I try really really hard again and get so depressed that it doesnt work and give up again and the same thing happens again. I am about ready to stop all the drugs and look into adoption at least I know that is a sure thing even if I fork out all the money for IVF (would have to go private) there is no gaurantee it will work for me. I just get so frustrated. Last MC was in April so I have been trying again really really hard. I'm just frustrated and tired of waiting so long to have a baby. Just feel defeated.
I'm not techincally out yet this month but with two temp dips including today I know it is only a matter of time.

I agree - not to give up - but looking into adoption never hurts. The don't get obsessed part - ummmmmmmm I don't agree with. Although that is ideal - when people have been trying as long as some of us have - you get to do or feel like whatever you want!

We've come to the conclusion, that "what will be, will be" and part of me does feel bitter and guilty about it, but generally, so long as DH and I are together, I think we'll be fine.

It's just a drag when I have to do a HPT when AF hasn't visited for a while before I take a cycle of the pill to induce a bleed :(

Hi everybody,

I can fully imagine wanting to give up, at times it can be so frustrating and the pain almost too much.

One story that always lifts me up is the one of my best friend. Her parents have been together for more than 50 years now, they met when they were very young (16/17) and they married very young. They wanted to have children so much and they tried for more than 2 decades. When her mother turned 42 she stopped having her period, she assumed it was menopause but she kept on gaining so much weight, she went to see her doctor; turned out she was more than 5 months pregnant! She gave birth to a healthy baby girl a few months later!
We have a mutual friend and her story is almost exactly the same: her parents got together when they were young, tried for more than 20 years and her mother got pregnant in her earlier fourties. Miracles do happen :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->