Anyone considered high risk starting first trimester

I am high risk due to twins and incompetent cervix. They scan me about every 2W since around 12W.. Great part is seeing the babies over and over.... The bad part is all of the worry.

Not sure where you are in Oregon but if you are in Eugene I would call up the MFM office and tell them you're waiting on an appt to see if they will schedule it. They usually do all their 12 week testing before 15W.

Thank you for the link amalee!That's a great blog :) thank you for sharing everyone else. I finally got to schedule my ob appointment for at 15 weeks but as far as I know they will just do a colposcopy. I hope they offer my a scan or something as well, and I also hope he will answer questions and not just be in and out of there.

As Brandy said I would call and follow this up. I'm surprised they havent offered you a 12 week scan to test for Downs etc. But I would definitely call.

Thanks girls! Brandy, I am in Salem. And there are a few different choices of OB's here but I found out I picked the totally wrong insurance, and this OB office is the only other one that takes my insurance. So I'm stuck with 'em! I'm glad they finalllly called to schedule an appointment. But like you girls said, I am totally confused as to why I never got a 12 week scan, as I see so many girls on here get them. I just chalked it up to maybe it just being a custom in the UK? I think where everything went wrong was at my last OB office (which is actually my GP office too) and when I went to see her at 11 weeks she never scheduled me or offered me a scan, or any testing. She also used the doppler and didn't find the heartbeat. Thank GOD I have an at home doppler (she didnt know that) to relieve my worry about that.

I don't want any of that testing for Downs but I am really confused why no one has offered me that yet... I think if I would have gone to this new OB office in the first place, all of this would be a little more organized. I think my GP office is just very unorganized.

I'm kinda feeling like... for "high risk" I'm not getting very much attention or care. :shrug: Good thing I'm feeling a lot better and not so scared about it!

Emi even if you decline the genetics testing they still normally do the 12W ultrasound and they will still do all the measurements. It's really a standard here too. I think you have slipped through the cracks because of the person that was doing your care and now being transferred.

I wouldnt stop harassing them daily till you have the right care.

Emi even if you decline the genetics testing they still normally do the 12W ultrasound and they will still do all the measurements. It's really a standard here too. I think you have slipped through the cracks because of the person that was doing your care and now being transferred.

Thanks so much, I don't feel crazy anymore! :hugs: I am totally feeling neglected over here! I think my last OB must have just been terrible at her job! I am hoping my new OB (who is a real OB, not just "OB on the side" like my last one) sees that I haven't had a scan or been offered testing or anything and takes much better care of me and baby!
I hope you are doing well, brandy, you and your two cute pineapples!

Thanks so much, I don't feel crazy anymore! :hugs: I am totally feeling neglected over here! I think my last OB must have just been terrible at her job! I am hoping my new OB (who is a real OB, not just "OB on the side" like my last one) sees that I haven't had a scan or been offered testing or anything and takes much better care of me and baby!
I hope you are doing well, brandy, you and your two cute pineapples!

Thanks and GL to you. I havent experienced the health care system up in Salem. But I know from experience down here in Eugene that you get wrapped up into the 'peace health' organization for the sacred heart and going out of that network can be a nightmare lol. I hope you get the care you need asap.

I love my maternal fetal medicine doctor that sees me for high risk. They are much more hands on and reassuring when you have questions and issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->