Anyone diabetic before pregnacy

Sorry to hear about your husband.

Regarding inductions in my hospital they induce ALL type 1 diabetics at 38 weeks regardless of baby growth. But I know that some hospitals don't. Will you have any kind of non stress test or something to check if the placenta is ok?

why do they induce all at 38 weeks??? just curious

Apparently because there is a higher risk of stillbirth after 38 weeks due to the placenta in diabetics maturing too quickly.

My hospital do inductions at 38 weeks to and will not let you go over x

I think ours is the same all though my hospital still didnt tell me what was happening at 36 weeks then in the end i had a c-section as my monster wasnt ready to come out lol xx

Not sure if anyone can answer me or help, but I asked my diabetic MW about having a Vbac this time round,(had emergency c-section after a 3 day induction and 11 hour labour with my son) and she said yes thats fine, but you will only be allowed to be induced for 1 day, if by the end of the day you are not in 'active labour' you will have a c-section regardless....:( Is this right? Doesnt seem fair and am not sure the reason why as she didnt have much time to explain, but its left me worried that I still wont get my natural birth.

Here we are also induced at 38 weeks (give or take a few days either way) because of the risk of stillbirth. I don't think I'd be allowed a VBAC now for a number of reasons - usually a VBAC needs to be a natural birth and you cannot have pitocin becaues it puts too much strain on the uterus and can lead to uterine rupture so to just rely on the gel could take too long. Also they do not want to leave a diabetic on an insulin drip too long and sugars need to be tested so regularly during labour that with bith my labours I was not allowed to go longer than 12-16 hours. My first baby was born after 12 hours anyway and the second was a C-section because the baby was getting distressed after 10 hours (she would have been born in the next couple of hours anyway if she hadn't been distressed as I was quite far dilated by then)

By 38 weeks I had had it with the pregnancy and wanted the baby out anyway (obviously I wouldn't have done anything not in my baby's best interest but it helped that I wanted her out anyway)

just booked my preconception appointment for next week. Blood sugars still up and down, cant seem to shake off the morning highs.
Im not sure about the induction/c-section jaybear but hope you get it sorted and can have a vbac xx

Hi ladies, came 4 my diab antenatal appointment. My hba is apparently low for 3rd tri (5.8) n my readings r generally low without change in insulin so now I've been admitted to b monitored :(

Here I was thinking I was doing good job of keeping sugars in check but apparently low sugars could suggest placenta problems :(

Just can't get it right can we! I've had scan n baby ok. Now they will strap me onto CTG machine n monitor baby overnight. If things don't look good then baby will b delivered early.

Personally I think its coz I've changed my lifestyle since being on mat leave. Eating healthy n being mire active. Told doc this but she wants to still check all is ok. I suppose I should b glad with the extra monitoring!

hope they sort it nemo. Its horrible being in hospital xx

Nemo hope all is well...I hate the fact that you just can't win can you? Big Hugs x

Hi all, thanks. Am back home. They just monitored baby's heartbeat using the CTG machine (which I am guessing is the non stress test of placenta as mentioned above). All looks fine and baby's growth is also fine. I was so scared as my notes said this: 1) Admit 2) Do scan 3) Monitor on CTG twice 4) Deliver if needed. As I was walking from antenatal clinic into maternity ward reading my notes, step 4 freaked me out!!!

Early night tonight me thinks. No sleep in the ward. It was boiling in there!!

Hope everyone else is well.

glad your home nemo and baby stoll doing well xx

Nemo thinking of you and hope all is well. If they have been consistantly low then you are probably fine - placwental problems usually dive at 36 weeks if there are placental problems though there are other reasons for the lows.

Glad you are home hun and all is well....Hope you get a good nights sleep tonight. Take care x x

Just back from my fortnightly check up and the Drs are that pleased with how im doing they don't want to see me for a whole month! :) yippeeee
Also heard babies heartbeat for the first time today and I've got my gender scan booked for next week so all in all I am so bloody happy :) x x

yey. Glad you havent got to go back until a month, it makes it so much easier i hated going every 2 weeks xx

I think I had a bad hypo last night, i remember having my usual jerks ( when I have a bad hypo) and I was trying to stop it. I dont know why but i got really sweaty. I dont think I even got to get anything I must of just gone back to sleep.
Woke up to 3.9 but im just really dizzy , dont know why. I just hope i dont suffer them through my pregancy. Its horrible how you go from being ok then out of it. Hope everyones ok x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->