Anyone diabetic before pregnacy

Hey, Ive just found out im pregnant and was looking for some information like this so i know what to expect. Im type 1 diabetic and now if i start hypo'ing for no reason ill know why.

Ive been doing research and really worried about the babys health if i have too many high's or low's. Can anyone please put my mind at rest and tell me honestly that most babys with type 1 diabetic mothers have very healthy lives?????? Im going to worry 24/7 for 9 months!!! :(

Hi, I've just had my second daughter and both my children are perfectly healthy. (3.5 years and 2 months old now) The second pregnancy was much harder than the first but everything went fine - it is more complicated and much harder than a normal pregnancy. You do not need 100% perfect sugar levels (mine cretainly weren't) but try your best and get them as well controlled as you possibly can. Becuase of trying to get them well controlled they are likely to go low (that and a number of other reasons) so just be aware and handle it as best you can. Good luck - hope you have a healthy happy pregnancy.

yey lincoln girl x
Im hopefuly ttc this december so trying to eat better and get my hba1c down xx

Hi ladies just a quick one I'm currently 25+2 and over last few days i've noticed my blood sugars have been higher than normal even though taking the same amount of insulin and not eating any more than normal. I know they say this happens in pregnancy so it will need adjusting but i'm finding i'll eat and a couple of hours later it will still be quite high and then a couple of hours after that i'll hypo. x

pinkbump2011 it could be me writing that post. I am experiencing the same. High levels after 3h after eating and then hypo later. My DSN thougth it could be problems with insulin absorption as I am still doing my injections in my tummy. She changed my needles to the 4mm ones to see if it helps. I need now to test to see if there is any difference. And now I eat the same amount of carbs every meal. With my insulin needs changing so fast I decided to cut one variable so adjusting the dose is easier.

Oh, and I had my first appointment with the consultant ob. And she was lovely. I can have any kind of delivery I want, provided it is before 39 weeks. So I think that if the baby comes on its own, then I can have it naturaly, otherwise c-section. I refuse to be induced because last time it went horribly wrong. And if for some reason I do go into labour she wants to be there and all decisions regarding the delivery will be made by her or the other consultant. So I am more relaxed about it all.

I have been moving them from my legs to arms to stomach so its defo not absorption. My concern now is obviously the higher sugars are when the baby starts to get bigger. I have an appointment with diabetes nurse on tues so hopefully she can help sort me out x

im having blood sugar probs again ladies. Its not hypos now, im just always high!!

Past few days ive been no lower than 8.4 and that was a one off. Mostly between 12 and 15!! think i need to up my ratio. Gosh i forgot pregnancy was such had work!

hi all.
just a quick question what were your hba1c before your got pregnant. We are thinking of moving our ttc date to june and last hba1c was 9. I know this isnt the level they want but I am getting my levels right .
Im going to see the doc soon because of bp so need my tablets changing then going to see diabetic midwife then for extra help x

My hba1c was 5.7 but I went to preconception clinic for 6 months before TTC. I got it down from 12. I cut a lot of carbs and had a very strict diet. I am eating more normally now. I think the obssessive testing helped a lot. Now it is 4.7 and I am being told off for it being too low...

hi all.
just a quick question what were your hba1c before your got pregnant. We are thinking of moving our ttc date to june and last hba1c was 9. I know this isnt the level they want but I am getting my levels right .
Im going to see the doc soon because of bp so need my tablets changing then going to see diabetic midwife then for extra help x

i think it was about 11.5 pre preg and now 8.5 so a big improvement for me. not the best but good for me x

thanks everyone. im going to see the diabetic midwife about pre conception clinic and the doctor about my blood pressure tablets xx

My hba1c was 11.4 Pre preg :( but down to 8.4 already(that was in march) so hopefully lower now! X

im glad a few of you had high hba1cs. mine was before caleb and i didnt go to the pre conception clinic.
Cant wait to ttc xx
hope everyones well x

found out yesterday my hba1c is now 7.8 compared to 8.5 (ish) about 5/6 weeks ago :D

Mine were about 9.3 pre conception both times and went down to 6.9 (7.0 second pregnancy) although that was with a lot of hypos so they didn't want it any lower than that.

Lincoln Girl hang in there your insulin will probably rise fast now - nasty second trimester but at least the hypos should be less likely now. Well done on the hba1c.

Anyone have any tips for injecting in belly?!
They adviced me to do it there for better absorption etc but my god I hate it and it hurts so bad every time even with 4mm needles :( can't wait to go back to my legs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->