• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Anyone disappointed by their scans .. ?

At my 12 week scan i was sooo nervous because i didnt know what to expect, plus i had been worrying that the sonographer won't find a baby!!
I wouldnt say she was brilliant as she made quite nervous by being quiet alot! but then she said that flicker there is the heartbeat & i was like phewwww!! i suppose they do this everyday but still they shouldnt be rude to you!!

Amber
14wks+5days x

Hey, I had a bit of a rubbish 12w scan. Was made to wait ages (nearly one hour and we had the very first appt at 8.30am so my DH could come and not miss to mcuh work), had stupidly full bladder that hurt, was told that one scanner was broken (hence the delay), had a trainee do the scan which I totally am in support of but the experienced sonographer took over after someone knocked on the door and walked in whilst I had my belly out saying they wanted the scanner machine back, they then rushed the procedure, then they struggled to print any pictures, said I wasn't allowed to go to the toilet whilst they were trying to get it to print, still struggled to print so I said I was going to the loo I ran out of the room and they chucked my DH out of the room without any pictures and told him to wait in the waiting room. I then had a blood test and as we were checking out and making 20w scan appt the receptionist gave us three scan pics (two were the same so only two actual images). This was all NHS and I appreciate they are diagnostic procedures but I do agree that a smile and saying congrats makes a big difference - I know I would do that if I was in their position as it makes the patient so much more co-operative (I've done similar things in my jobs and it really does make a difference). Little things go a long way and take very little if no effort at all so why they don't always do it I'll never know :wacko:. Anyway, at the end of the day is babe is healthy then that is the most important thing to me. I'm not looking forward to my 20w scan because of the above and I really want to find out the sex, so if it doesn't go well I think we will go to a private hospital to find out as I am such a control freak :haha:!
xxx

Oh wow I'm sorry it was not a great experience for you. Worries me a bit hearing all the stories of bad experiences everyone has. I have mine tomorrow morning and hope it is a good one.

Its worth bearing in mind that its a diagnostic procedure. Their job is to check your baby and make sure nothing is wrong. The giving you good views, talkin to you about it, printing pictures is just bedside manner and an added bonus. They do this day in and day out, I don't think saying congratulations is really going to be top of their mind.

Saying that, all my scans (last preg and this one so far) have been great :shrug:

Yeah I get that, but... coming from a health care worker... this is an intimate thing, it's a little thing called bedside manner and well.. their job. I expect more, it's not like they are doing you a favor, they are doing their job and some people are just better at it than others. If they don't like the job they are doing or it doesn't give them satisfaction and they have to make people who are in a hormonal and fragile point in their live feels bad then maybe time for a job change. Sorry, rant but I just expected more from a place that pregnancy ultrasound are the ONLY thing they do!! Just seemed disappointing and crazy to me especially after looking forward to it, well for years really after all the TTC.

Baby was laying funny so not here fault really but yeah ...

Sorry - I think I read this and thought you'd mistyped "here" for "her" but now I read it back I can see that you might have been referring to the sonographer. :dohh:

With my first child the scans were crap! They litterally just got you in and out as quick as they could it was like a conveyor belt! :haha:

But this time I cant praise our hospital enough they've really changed everything and all the sonographers were lovely with both of my scans, The 2nd one was good because she took ages and explained everything to us and made sure she caught different angles for the pics.. We even got a free picture because she printed off 3 by accident so told me to shove the third one in my handbag lol :)

I'm sorry to hear about your disapointment though, Hopefully your 4D one will be better :) xx

So sorry you had bad experiences. My 12 week scan (at 10w 6d) was amazing, our sonographer seemed excited for us and he was really sweet. The baby was jumping about and when he did I would laugh (and cry) which made him lose the picture, so I was apologising the whole time but just couldn't get over how amazing it was. I really hope we get the same sonographer next time, I've been told the 20 week scan is amazing so I hope it's not a let down!

i had my 20wk scan today and i can honestly say that after my horrible 12wk scan this really was AMAZING!!! :cloud9: the lady was lovely, really took her time with me, explained EVERYTHING, was giggling with us that LO was playing with her feet and gave us 15 photos when we only paid for 8!!! :happydance:

oh it was just perfect :cloud9: :cloud9:

here's my 19w 4 day piccy:

Attachments

• 19weeks4days 1.jpg
    19weeks4days 1.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 9
i had my 20wk scan today and i can honestly say that after my horrible 12wk scan this really was AMAZING!!! :cloud9: the lady was lovely, really took her time with me, explained EVERYTHING, was giggling with us that LO was playing with her feet and gave us 15 photos when we only paid for 8!!! :happydance:

oh it was just perfect :cloud9: :cloud9:

here's my 19w 4 day piccy:

I literally just seen your pics on the October Bumps thread and showed my OH like "Look how gorgeous thes are!" :D

Your pics are absolutely fab, I should post mine soon but it's a scarey face one that looks liek a skull :haha:

oh i had one like that from my 16 wk appt i was like eeekk!!! she looks like the scream painting in one of them - or like the scream mask from the movies :shock: lol you should still post them up though hun, i bet everyone else will think they're lovely even if you are disappointed in it :flower: xx

Here's my naughty scary baby :haha:

I think on the top is her elbow (right next to fat tum) and fingers (side of her face in line with mouth) ... if you look closely, so I think it's giving us a wave again lol

And I don't know what the big white blob at the bottom is :shrug: maybe placenta?

EDIT: Just realised I referred to baby as 'her'! :haha:
Waitress that's your fault :winkwink:

Attachments

• 259908_1892312639755_1599715666_32194678_3583472_n.jpg
    259908_1892312639755_1599715666_32194678_3583472_n.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 7
I had my 13 week scan yday n feel d same and the woman was horrible and only turned the screen around for a brief moment. :(

I didn't manage to make out a baby at all :nope:

When I had my scan there were two screens, one for the scanner lady and one facing us so we could see what was going on.
She was ok but very business like.
To be honest I don't care about being congratulated i was just a bit gutted I didn't get feet, hands etc pointed out to me.
I could see her measuring the legs and stuff but she was so quick I couldn't get a proper look.
I do understand though that they are on a time limit and have to see other ladies in the waiting room so can't really afford to spend ages going over every little detail.
I was also dissapointed to find that they hadn't marked down where my placenta is or rate of heartbeat.

Which is why I've paid for a private one on wednesday, since I'm paying for the service I damn well expect to have things explained and pointed out lol.

I have regular scans now, I spend the first half worrying if there's enough fluid around him :dohh: I had a scan at 18 weeks in Fetal Medicine (much more thorough than usual scans at a hospital) and did not get to see at all as there was only one screen and I kept getting told off whenever I tried to look :( However I got a BRILLIANT picture!!

At 19 weeks I did not get a picture as the quality was awful. My 20 week scan picture was disappointing as was my 28 week one but I'm just thankful he's ok in there!

Sometimes the quality just isn't as good depending on how baby is laying, how much water you've drunk etc. :hugs:

when i went for my scan to determine my due date the sonographer was amazing she took all kinds of pictures and labeled things for me on the pictures and i was in there for a good half hour. it was amazing i hope my 20 week scan is the same

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"