Anyone doing Clean Eating?

LuckyD

Mum to Lucy and Arlo!
Reaction score
I have just started this, and was wondering if anyone else is doing Clean Eating? I am loving it so far, have always tried to be healthy but this is definitely improved my diet, while never being hungry - it's great.

I have also just started exercising (when I can with an almost one year old) in a bid to get healthier!

Anyone doing the same?

Do you mean the Tosca Reno book? Or eating as many whole unprocessed foods as possible?

I try my best to eat whole foods but I do eat processed foods like yogurt, cheese, bread and pasta.

Do you mean the Tosca Reno book? Or eating as many whole unprocessed foods as possible?

I try my best to eat whole foods but I do eat processed foods like yogurt, cheese, bread and pasta.

Yeah, I haven't read the Tosca Reno book, but I am following the basic principles - eating whole foods, combining lean protein, whole grains and good fats etc etc - oh and eating every four hours.

But yeah, I also eat cheese and yoghurt - I am still breastfeeding so don't want to cut out too much dairy.

I am finding it a great way just to reduce the amount of unneeded rubbish in my diet. Have you seen this website?

https://www.thegraciouspantry.com/

Amazing recipes and great info!

I did this for a while; I cut out wheat, dairy, processed foods, sugar, and alcohol. I lost a fair bit of weight while I was doing it.
I don't do it now, as I'm training for a marathon, and I didn't feel like I was getting enough carbs by eating this way.

I did this for a while; I cut out wheat, dairy, processed foods, sugar, and alcohol. I lost a fair bit of weight while I was doing it.
I don't do it now, as I'm training for a marathon, and I didn't feel like I was getting enough carbs by eating this way.

Wow, that's a lot to cut out - you must have good will power!

I am still eating wheat and dairy - with clean eating you try and combine lean protein and complex carbs with every meal - so just making sure the carbs I eat are wholegrains etc....

These are the basic principles of Clean Eating if anyone is interested:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumbl...278296&Signature=qhnkbYlHAY10KXArH2xqwqh8vBI=

Wow, that's a lot to cut out - you must have good will power!

I am still eating wheat and dairy - with clean eating you try and combine lean protein and complex carbs with every meal - so just making sure the carbs I eat are wholegrains etc....

Yeah, my main sources of carbs were veg and brown rice.
When I started marathon training though, I decided I needed bread and the odd bit of pasta too! He he.
Good luck with it :)

Sounds interesting :) What things would you not eat then? I don't know much about clean eating lol.

ETA: That website isn't working btw x

Sounds interesting :) What things would you not eat then? I don't know much about clean eating lol.

ETA: That website isn't working btw x

Oh, sorry! Try this:

https://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating/

So basically you don't eat any white flours/grains, sugar, alcohol, or processed foods. You try and eat food as close to the natural state as possible. And the idea is that instead of three big meals a day you eat 5 small meals, and you combine lean protein and complex carbs with every meal.

It's actually really easy and yummy! The idea is that it's not a 'diet', it's a lifestyle change, so you dont count calories or anything like that, but I have been doing it for three weeks and feel much better and have definitely lost a bit of weight.

Lots of awesome recipes on the website above!

So is it kind of like the raw food diet then? Sounds good but I like cooking my food lol

Oh no, you totally cook your food! Just do things like use wholegrain pasta instead of white etc etc...

It's really good and easy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->