Anyone doing FET/IVF in Jan 2013 till everyone's BFP (Everyone Welcome)

Sorry Ali replied at the same time as you. I know my clinic prefer a medicated FET as you have said they say they can control things better that way xx

Ali - did you ask your FS about the endometrial biopsy? I remember you had it in your list of questions before. I think each FET protocol is tailored. Mine didn't include BCP or lupron, but I didn't have those for my full cycle either. I would just have estrogen patches for 12 days and PIO shots.

Sorry Ali replied at the same time as you. I know my clinic prefer a medicated FET as you have said they say they can control things better that way xx

Thanks!

I read your sig.. yay for doing a FET so soon! FX'd for you :hug:

Thanks Ali, Im ready for it now I've had to wait since Sept to be able to start Fet as had to wait 6 weeks after BFN before i could have WTF appt then my next AF wouldnt come in time it have FEt before they closed for the Christmas so its eventually here but guess ive been able to get my body back to normal to start again. xx

Thanks Ali, Im ready for it now I've had to wait since Sept to be able to start Fet as had to wait 6 weeks after BFN before i could have WTF appt then my next AF wouldnt come in time it have FEt before they closed for the Christmas so its eventually here but guess ive been able to get my body back to normal to start again. xx

I remember, we did our IVF together back in Sept. I have had another IVF since then. Both negative :( The good news is that with my second IVF I was way more successful and got 4 frosties. YAY! I'm glad you are finally able to start again!

It's always good to have frosties from a cycle and i have heard of a lot of people having great success with FET as its less evasive on your body so Fx'd for you xx

Ali, I have 7 frosties but they are of only average grade :( depending on the results of my chromosomal blood test, I may do PGD on those embryos before transferring.

Ali, I have 7 frosties but they are of only average grade :( depending on the results of my chromosomal blood test, I may do PGD on those embryos before transferring.

Ahh.. well 7 frosties is really good! My FS will only freeze if they are AA quality. I had 2 others that didn't make the grade. I have read that average grade embryos can implant and create perfectly healthy babies. They feel that the best quality embryos are the most likely to implant, but it has no bearing on whether they are abnormal or not. :shrug: See whether your FS suggestst the PGD, as it is really expensive, and may not be necessary? I think they are doing a chromosomal test on me too. Any idea what it is for?

All docs are different BUT for my FET:

I started bcp and was on it for 21 days. After 4 days off, I started estrogen injections, estrogen tablets, and prenatals/dha and folate.

5 days before transfer I will start Progesterone injections and a steroid dose pack.

All will continue (except the dose pack) until 10 weeks

My FS does not do Lupron for FET only Fresh cycles.

All docs are different BUT for my FET:

I started bcp and was on it for 21 days. After 4 days off, I started estrogen injections, estrogen tablets, and prenatals/dha and folate.

5 days before transfer I will start Progesterone injections and a steroid dose pack.

All will continue (except the dose pack) until 10 weeks

My FS does not do Lupron for FET only Fresh cycles.

It is interesting how each FS is different. She mentioned using the estrogen patches and progesterone injections. Both I used during my IVF. From the sounds of things, it will be exactly the same as my IVF, just no stimulation meds!

So I just got the call from the specialty lab, the NK testing is $580 and is probably not going to be covered by my insurance. Yikes!

Yikes all these different protocols have got my head in a spin :shrug:

It is kind of neat and exciting how FS can tailor the protocol for each person.

It truly is, I guess since we are all different!

My Dx is unexplained and I'm 40. My eggs seem to be just fine, and my embryos look perfect (whether they are chromosomally perfect is another story). I'm using donor sperm, and so it is of high quality. We just need to get these little things to stick!

My Dx is unexplained and I'm 40. My eggs seem to be just fine, and my embryos look perfect (whether they are chromosomally perfect is another story). I'm using donor sperm, and so it is of high quality. We just need to get these little things to stick!

I'm sure things will work out for you. I just wish I could get to the point of ER and transfer. :bfp: here we come!!!!

I'm sure things will work out for you. I just wish I could get to the point of ER and transfer. :bfp: here we come!!!!

What is your diagnosis? Is there a reason you can't get to the ER?

My original diagnosis is blocked tubes. I had a cyst that burst and collapsed my tube. Then I got pregnant naturally and had an ectopic which scarred my other tube. With my first IVF I got all the way to my trigger shot and my estrogen levels dropped, so FS things I was going to ovulate too soon. That's why he switched to IUI. This time when I went for my baseline they saw a cyst, and my bloodwork came back high. So I had to start again to try and supress it. We'll see what happens. I think our next option would be donor eggs. Now I wondering if my hormones are out of whack and that's why I couldn't get pregnant originally before my ectopic. I don't know and the docs seem utterly confused. DH is military so every time I think we are getting somewhere we wind up moving and I have to start over. Not this time. I told him I'm not leaving here until I get a :BFP: or we exhaust all other options.

Sorry this was so long...that's for asking. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one in this boat :nope:

My original diagnosis is blocked tubes. I had a cyst that burst and collapsed my tube. Then I got pregnant naturally and had an ectopic which scarred my other tube. With my first IVF I got all the way to my trigger shot and my estrogen levels dropped, so FS things I was going to ovulate too soon. That's why he switched to IUI. This time when I went for my baseline they saw a cyst, and my bloodwork came back high. So I had to start again to try and supress it. We'll see what happens. I think our next option would be donor eggs. Now I wondering if my hormones are out of whack and that's why I couldn't get pregnant originally before my ectopic. I don't know and the docs seem utterly confused. DH is military so every time I think we are getting somewhere we wind up moving and I have to start over. Not this time. I told him I'm not leaving here until I get a :BFP: or we exhaust all other options.

Sorry this was so long...that's for asking. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one in this boat :nope:

AWW.. Mells.. no wonder you are so frustrated! I think they can tell from your initial blood work if your hormones are out of whack and can get a pretty good idea whether you will respond, and with what protocol. Although it is a little bit of trial and error too! Here is hoping that this time around things go more smoothly!

yikes! IVf is so expensive :S

yes it is! we are cash pay and have done 3 full icsi cycles and 1 fet and going to do another..... tons of $$ but i dont care :) i want to exhaust all my natural options before anything...will be soooo worth it!! If we do another full cycle I am going to see about trying to get meds from the makers of gonal f (although i will get rejected) and tell them our story so far....maybe that will help some.

Assisted conception is indeed expensive! My 1st fresh cycle cost about $12k. Hysteroscopy was another $1.5k. Latest chromosomal/immunological blood test for DH and myself was about $800. So that's $14k within the last 2 months! No insurance coverage!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->