Anyone else a student?

SpringCrane

Reaction score
I'm in my last semester of my masters program, and I am having the hardest time concentrating on school work. I also work part-time, and I volunteer 2+ days a week in a library (I'm getting my masters to be a children's librarian).

My classes are online, so there are no "class times" that I must go to. I'm TAing one class (teacher's assistant), taking another standard graduate course, and also working on a final comprehensive project. The final project has no due dates or anything except for the final one, and even if I put down dates for myself, I'm just not meeting my deadlines! I've always been a very talented procrastinator, and since I've never held less than a 4.0 gpa, I don't have any reason to think I won't somehow manage to pull this final semester off either.

But holy jeeze, I just can't concentrate! I find it much more entertaining to work on a baby registry, read what you lovely ladies write, or just Google general baby stuff. Of course, I could just avoid the Internet, but I need it for school work.

I'm thinking I might just start going to the library a few times a week for a few hours and make anything but school work off-limits. Though, I might get grabbed to help with a program if one of the librarians notices me... maybe a coffee shop is better!

I was just hoping to hear that I'm not alone! My husband comes home from working all day to paint the nursery, do some gardening, or work on dishes, and I feel so guilty that I've been glued to the computer looking at baby things all day on my days off. Ugh, being pregnant has made me SO lazy, and I feel totally unable to concentrate.

I work full time, finishing my degree at marshall university half time (online at night), work an opposite shift as my husband so it always just one of home with our 1 and 4 yr olds...don't even have time to think, let alone look at baby things ;-). You get used to being busy! I was taking last semesters finals while in the throws of HG. It sucked!

I am a full-time student in my last year of my degree but I don't really think that pregnancy makes any difference. Although my due date is about 25 days or so after I finish and all of my deadline so I am hoping I don't go into labour early or get pre-eclampsia again. Being a full-time mum and having to try and get work done while looking after my son is the struggle. My husband works night shifts and looks after our son while I am in class but I have no help in terms of trying to find time to actually do the work. I will be taking at a year out before I even start to think about applying for a New Route PhD though.

I'm a part time student doing my psychology degree. I'm finding it hard as I'm tired alot

I'm in the process of completing a p/t counselling diploma, it's been hard going over the last few months x

I am in my last semester of law school, full time and I feel the same way, I cannot concentrate, I feel like I am constantly being lazy on school work, it's really disheartening.

I have always been a good student but I am struggling with concentration in class and on school work... You are not alone :)

I am finishing my PhD and in the last month or so it's like someone turned out the lightbulb in my brain... a very little someone!!!

Me too! Full time student getting my masters degree. Being pregnant is just a great excuse to stay in bed and do whatever I want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->