Anyone else about 28 - 30 weeks? Due late November - December.

I am COMPLETELY CONFUSED on BH, lol! I'm a plus size girl to begin with, but all i feel are kicks. Sometimes I get a tight feeling when I walk for too long or lift something I should lift:shrug: Still confused.

I take my prenatals everyday, I can't drink milk (never have even when I was a baby it makes me vomit). And my vitamins contain a fair bit of calcium. I don't know if I've had BH, sometimes my belly tightens a bit but it doesn't hurt so I thought it may be my baby moving about. Xx:hugs:

Ama- For prenatals, I take one a day and I take it right before bed. I think I have only forgotten five or six times the entire pregnancy, which for me is really good. My OB told me it was very important that I take them. I don't eat enough veggies, fruits and other foods to get the required nutrients and vitamins. So it is crucial for me to take them. Here are a couple of websites that have sources to their information.

https://healthyeating.sfgate.com/important-vitamins-third-trimester-4623.html
https://www.livestrong.com/article/361173-prenatal-vitamins-in-the-3rd-trimester/

That was more so you could see what vitamins were important for third trimester.

I can't drink milk either. I was allergic until I was 7 years old and straight milk and most cheeses make me feel ill. I try to get a little in cereal, but I don't get quite nearly enough calcium in my days. I have started chewing tums because the calcium supplement I bought makes me a bit nauseous.

As for BH, I get them when I walk a lot. My whole stomach tightens, it hurts just a little, and I get nauseous. It happens once in a while in bed too. Baby is low and has never gotten high, so when my upper tummy gets hard too, I know it's BH. I've had two that HURT. I didn't know the ones that hurt were BH until I talked to my doctor because they started near where I would think my cervix was and went into my back and up the spine to mid-back. Those were unbearable. I'm just one of those lucky ones that gets painful ones, lol. They aren't supposed to hurt!

So the update on my low-lying placenta is that it is no longer low-lying anymore!!! So I will not be forced into a c-section for that at least!!! I'm so happy right now! :-D

Also, I still take prenatals too...I have since before I got pregnant to try and help me conceive....I have forgotten only once the entire pregnancy but I still felt bad. lol. I have such a guilty conscience. I eat fairly healthy but I take them anyway just to make sure baby is getting all he/she needs. :)

Ummm....I haven't taken my prenatal vitamins since the end of 1st trimester. I figured I eat variety of foods that I think don't need them. All my blood work shows I'm not deficient in anything, phew!

Jynxie - good to hear your placenta moved up! I was super happy to hear that mine moved up as well so I know you're super glad. I was so afraid that I might end up getting a section so I know that fear haha.

I think as I'm getting more near the end, the more uncomfortable it's beginning to get to just stand up from sitting/lying. Just a feeew more weeks!

Okay an update. The BH I had been feeling the last week or so apparently are real contractions. I am 1 cm dilated and lost my mucus plug. So ladies if you lose thick looking cervical mucus make sure to tell your doctor. I almost didn't and it's a good thing I did or else we wouldn't have known. Now I am on watch for premature labor. This is not to scare anyone, it is to serve as a warning that if your discharge changes, just let the doctor know.

Ummm....I haven't taken my prenatal vitamins since the end of 1st trimester. I figured I eat variety of foods that I think don't need them. All my blood work shows I'm not deficient in anything, phew!

Jynxie - good to hear your placenta moved up! I was super happy to hear that mine moved up as well so I know you're super glad. I was so afraid that I might end up getting a section so I know that fear haha.

I think as I'm getting more near the end, the more uncomfortable it's beginning to get to just stand up from sitting/lying. Just a feeew more weeks!

Thank you Alchemist!! I'm happy that yours moved up for you too! I was terrified that I was going to have to have a section and I've always imagined doing everything as naturally as possible, so that was very upsetting to me. Hooray for both of us though!!! :-D Hope the rest of your pregnancy continues well! You really don't have far to go at all!!!

Okay an update. The BH I had been feeling the last week or so apparently are real contractions. I am 1 cm dilated and lost my mucus plug. So ladies if you lose thick looking cervical mucus make sure to tell your doctor. I almost didn't and it's a good thing I did or else we wouldn't have known. Now I am on watch for premature labor. This is not to scare anyone, it is to serve as a warning that if your discharge changes, just let the doctor know.

Oh no! Hope you and baby are OK Whittnie....I have to say that so many people have been telling me their babies were born super early (one was born at either 26 or 28 weeks!!) and were totally fine, so fingers crossed for you and sending positive thoughts your way. Thank you for the head's up!

Jynxie again great news about the placenta :)))))

Whitnnie. Sorry to hear you're on watch for prem labour but you have all the chances that baby will hang in there for another few weeks.
Are you on bed rest or can you continue to do your normal stuff but taking it easy?

I won't know until later today if I am to be on full bed rest. I am on moderate bed rest right now. I will be on my way to the hospital for a NST and another steroid shot shortly. I am really hoping he does indeed stay put to bake until term. I'm going to do whatever I need to do to try and make that happen.

Thanks Sunny!!! :-D

Whittnie, fingers crossed for you that baby stays put...I will keep you in my thoughts. :hugs:

The hospital trip was fine. I was hooked up to monitors for a while and no contractions, which means, like I told them, that the contractions are coming and going either at night at full resting or while I am walking. No hidden contractions though, so that is good. They didn't re-do a pelvic exam, so we will see how that turns out on Thursday (next week). I'm weekly to my doctor now to monitor the situation. Otherwise, they said baby was doing great (he was moving far too much while on the monitors kicking the heartbeat monitor all the time since he doesn't like things on my tummy).

So since there are no slight contractions on the monitor, I have to watch closely for contractions on my own and go in if I am having them. So much stuff to watch out for They gave me a long list :dohh: But I got my steroid shots and an ultrasound person got a hold of two of my early ultrasounds and said they think my due date is off by almost a week (She thinks I am about a week ahead of where they actually put me). So, that just means if it's true that he is a bit more cooked than we all think :thumbup: But I shall take all the cooking time possible.

Hope everyone is doing well.

The hospital trip was fine. I was hooked up to monitors for a while and no contractions, which means, like I told them, that the contractions are coming and going either at night at full resting or while I am walking. No hidden contractions though, so that is good. They didn't re-do a pelvic exam, so we will see how that turns out on Thursday (next week). I'm weekly to my doctor now to monitor the situation. Otherwise, they said baby was doing great (he was moving far too much while on the monitors kicking the heartbeat monitor all the time since he doesn't like things on my tummy).

So since there are no slight contractions on the monitor, I have to watch closely for contractions on my own and go in if I am having them. So much stuff to watch out for They gave me a long list :dohh: But I got my steroid shots and an ultrasound person got a hold of two of my early ultrasounds and said they think my due date is off by almost a week (She thinks I am about a week ahead of where they actually put me). So, that just means if it's true that he is a bit more cooked than we all think :thumbup: But I shall take all the cooking time possible.

Hope everyone is doing well.

So glad things are going OK for now, and the fact that your due date is possibly off by a week definitely must help ease your mind a bit. But I would want all the cooking time possible too, so I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you. Just definitely take it easy!

Jynxie that's great news!!

Whittnie I was in for prem labour with my second about the same time, constant bh i thought. It was expected she was going to be early (and quick) but ended up after 2 scares she was born at 42 weeks :dohh: apparently that's common too. Fx you are the same and your baby waits (maybe not to +14 though hehe).

I haven't taken my vitamins for ages either.

It's good to hear a great outcome. Hopefully he doesn't go +14, but I'll take all the days I can get to be honest. I want his brain and other organs as mature as possible for the birth. I just want a healthy baby. I'm trying to take it easy and just not stress. I feel fine, but I keep getting what I think are BH, but maybe they are real and only at night. It is so weird. Did you go on complete bedrest, or did you continue with your normal daily activities?

Whitnnie hope your lil one stays in there longer x I get the worst BH some days ,going in to early labour is a big fear of mine,especially since I've had a lot of non pregnancy related stress in the last few months :/

I'm getting so breathless at nights now ,I think bubs is for sure squishing up my diaphram lol any one else experiencing this and know a position that helps ?

I most likely will keep taking the vitamins. Mainly because lately my appetite is pretty much gone and I'll feel better knowing bubs is getting something xx thanks for everyone's input on them :)

Idk if I have answered the q about vitamins but I haven't taken mine since late 1st trimester. I have gotten complete blood work done to see if I am deficient and everything is within normal limits. I've been careful with what I eat - much thanks to this pregnancy's cravings, which are nothing but "green" foods. Last pregnancy, I took my vitamins all throughout as all I had eaten were greasy foods and yummy pastries and chocholates.

Ama - Have you tried putting something under your belly when you're in bed? That helped me last pregnancy.

I notice with this pregnancy, I haven't had any rib kicks at all....he does feel low though so maybe that's why??? Or is he really small?? Dammit, I really should ask my dr next appmt. Anyone not get rib kicks at all??

I'm not getting any rib kicks at all either Alchemist. I think our babies were both transverse and now head down and have stayed low the entire pregnancy. How funny. I was just talking to OH about how some of the women talk about rib kicks and I haven't had a single one yet

Ama, I am getting breathless too, but unfortunately haven't found anything that works. My big one is while standing I just get so breathless, it's like I can't breath and have to go sit down. It's nice to have an OH that cooks for me, so I don't have to stand in the kitchen. If it gets hot, the breathlessness gets worse. Maybe have your room a bit cooler?

I've tried the pillow under the bump but nope lol still no help .its still cold here at nights in aus so I don't think it's that . Good advice tho ladies x I think I'll just have to deal with it . I'm not getting many kicks to the ribs either . This LO loves head butting my cervix tho ,it's so painful ,seriously feels like he doesn't have much room left . My tummy gets the weirdest shapes sticking out. Would love to see what his doing in there :) x

Ama - sorry...dunno what else to suggest. I agree, might just have to deal for the time being hehehe. Oh I get cervical kicks all of the time! He does so unexpectedly that it stops me midway walking.

Something else I have been feeling. Dunno if any of you have felt it but baby boy must be on a nerve or something that makes my upper thigh sorta cramp up. It feels weird. It almost feels like he's trying to get lower and lower. I don't even know how low he is currently. I heard that baby can get really Low after first pregnancy? Dunno if that's true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->