Anyone else actually looking forward to the budget thingy tomorrow?

its all good cost of living going up but if the wages dont go up in response to it then it can lead to more poverty and malnutrition, its cheaper to buy a basked of convenience food than it is to buy fresh fruit and veg and meat, pulses etc.

but who knows what tomorrow will bring.

very much looking forward to it as a SAHM iam not sure things will change very much for me or is that just my wishful thinking hummmmm

i just cant see them taking any money off a SAHM because we hardly get any to start off with even if they took our CB off us i would be f**ked because i used that for gas and elec top up through the week.

i know we have to make cuts and i agree on a lot of things hip should be scrapped marriage tax should be scrapped along with a lot of things toddler tx is useless and no point to it i think people should get in benefits just enough to live on because we need to pay this debt off.

I'm gonna add myself to this thread just so I know whats going on...don't think I'll be able to watch it.

im excited :)
partly because im a politics freak now and i read/watch/listen to everything i can.

and partly because im genuinely interested in how they are going to help the country. i honestly believe they can.

Also, on the point about other countries having more debt than us - yes it does put it into perspective, but its the same with people - my next door neighbour owes over £50k on credit cards - whereas i owe less than £2k - it doesn't make me think "oh well she owes more so that makes my debt less bad" iykwim? Each person (and country's!) debt is their own to be paid off regardless of how much it is & how much others owe :flower:

if that makes sense :rofl:

I'm nervous about it ;(

My OH and i are both public sector workers and i am dreading the cuts. It sounds to me like my OH and i will lose out TC and possibly our CB, we will both have pay freezes, lose out on our pensions and we both have the heavy threat of redundancy hanging over our heads.

I would much rather they put taxes up in other areas than make the cuts that we think they will make- ie tax alcohol, fags, raise VAT-i don't care, you then have the choice to buy these things or not.Rather than scrapping TC or CB by means testing, how about leaving them as there for all, but only until the child is 5 for example. That way you get the money you need when they are babies and working less. My OH (maybe controversially) thinks that people should only get TC and CB for a max of 2 children, after that people should pay their own way. We can only support 2 children, so if others choose to have more they should make sure they can provide for them.

It's just bad cos without TC and CB i don't know if i'll earn enough to help cover our outgoings by going back to work 3 days a week as planned, i may need to go back 4 days . Poo

Im a bit nervous about it tbh, my OH is a public sector worker and im not sure how things are gonna pan out, at the mo OH has a very good pention waiting for him and yeah, im a little worried really. But we'll see I suppose.

So not sure why people need 690 towards it!

xx

Some people have literally no money at all hun, and thats not just people 'on benefits' it's people that loose their jobs, or get forced into circumstances out of their control.

Oh and definately think that things like alcohol, fags, all that stuff should have more VAT on it, not essentials like bread, milk kwim

I'm interested to see what they say :D

I'm nervous about it ;(

My OH and i are both public sector workers and i am dreading the cuts. It sounds to me like my OH and i will lose out TC and possibly our CB, we will both have pay freezes, lose out on our pensions and we both have the heavy threat of redundancy hanging over our heads.

I would much rather they put taxes up in other areas than make the cuts that we think they will make- ie tax alcohol, fags, raise VAT-i don't care, you then have the choice to buy these things or not.Rather than scrapping TC or CB by means testing, how about leaving them as there for all, but only until the child is 5 for example. That way you get the money you need when they are babies and working less. My OH (maybe controversially) thinks that people should only get TC and CB for a max of 2 children, after that people should pay their own way. We can only support 2 children, so if others choose to have more they should make sure they can provide for them.

It's just bad cos without TC and CB i don't know if i'll earn enough to help cover our outgoings by going back to work 3 days a week as planned, i may need to go back 4 days . Poo

that actually makes alot of sense

xx

Some people have literally no money at all hun, and thats not just people 'on benefits' it's people that loose their jobs, or get forced into circumstances out of their control.

Oh and definately think that things like alcohol, fags, all that stuff should have more VAT on it, not essentials like bread, milk kwim

I know but what I'm saying is that that £690 is meant to just be for the baby. My son is over a year old and I still have NEVER spent anywhere near that on him, let alone when he was first born. Everything has been secondhand or from boot sales etc etc as we can't afford to buy anything new, and that's fine. Maybe parents of children with extra needs need that amount but nobody with a fine healthy child should need that amount of money.

What time are they doing it? When will we find out?

xx

I know but what I'm saying is that that £690 is meant to just be for the baby. My son is over a year old and I still have NEVER spent anywhere near that on him, let alone when he was first born. Everything has been secondhand or from boot sales etc etc as we can't afford to buy anything new, and that's fine. Maybe parents of children with extra needs need that amount but nobody with a fine healthy child should need that amount of money.

The government have obviously decided that is the amount of money needed though xxx

With both my kids, I wouldnt have been able to get anything for my babies without the £500. I was never in a position to save money, and everything was second hand, or v cheap (£40 cot from ikea) It was a godsend that money and much needed. I was very greatful for it x

I haven't spent anywhere near £690 on this baby! I go to car boots and buy things from ebay, even get things from freecycle!! We've barely spent anything. :)
It will be interesting to see if this government thinks people still 'need' the £690 in grants! xx

I spent probably £5000 on Amelie :shock: I dunno how people can do it on less than £500.

I spent probably £5000 on Amelie :shock: I dunno how people can do it on less than £500.

Woooah, that's a lot of money! Bless her!! :D! Me and OH aren't in a position to do that at all, and we know it! So we just made do with what we have and im actually quite proud of myself for getting what we've got :)

Im rambling.. haha! xxx

I'm just hoping Clegg will do me proud.

I think they scrapped the idea of giving married couples money

There are essentials that your LO needs but a lot of what we buy are extras that in reality we don't need. How many of us will be honest enough to say that their LO has outfits in their wardrobes which have hardly or never been worn before they didn't fit anymore? Do you really need to spend £800 on a pram? You may WANT to but that is not the same as NEEDING to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->