anyone else awaiting their af to resume?

trying4#1

Reaction score
hi all!

just wondering if anyoneelse is awaiting their af after having a baby? i havent had an af since having baby (due to breastfeeding etc) hence can only say that i am "not preventing" cos without the timings of an af to go by, it makes it pretty tough ttc!hehe

We are exactly the same. Currently breastfeeding my 4 month old. She has reflux and we have been recommended to wean early, but I've decided to go baby led and its just a game atm, so we are pretty much exclusively feeding. Planning to continue til she self weans and am hoping to get the 2 years as per the WHO guidelines. No AF as yet and I'm guessing probably not going to happen for a while.

Hi! I'm breastfeeding my one year old. No sign of AF yet but there's definitely been some progress with CM, moodswings, acne etc. in the last few months so I'm positive my body is thinking about it but I'm not going to wean to have another iykwim? We're just not using protection.

I'm waiting for AF after a MC although I think she arrived today!!
Just not sure as I was testing positive only a week ago :wacko:

xx

I'm awaiting AF for no real reason really. my last period was on the 1st May :(
I have PCOS, but I have never ever had a cycle this long!! Driving me up the wall! xx

I have PCOS, but I have never ever had a cycle this long!! Driving me up the wall! xx

Oh hun you must be so fustrated!
At least the rest of us know why AF is MIA :hugs:

I'm BFing still & no signs of AF as yet... we're not using any protection & are happy to TTC... my main issue is that I have absolutely zero sex drive & we've only actually dtd once since having our son last october :dohh: so I think I fall into the NTNP category in the literal 'not trying' sense! :rofl: WHEN my lovely sex drive makes an appearance I will me bonking my DH day & night in hope of TTC #2 asap, lol.

is it possible to get pregnant while BFing with no signs of AF??? I'm kinda clueless about these things, as it was so easy conceiving Harry.

Yeah its very annoying. Ive had no AF for so long now and im going away next saturday for a week... you just watch she will show up that week :lol: xx

Yeah its very annoying. Ive had no AF for so long now and im going away next saturday for a week... you just watch she will show up that week :lol: xx

Haha I'd put money on it! xx

florabean1981 I think it's not likely to happen but it definately can!! O:)

xx

Yes waiting on AF b/c I am BFing. I have had it once maybe twice since my son was born but no sign of regular cycles yet :(

i have noticed developments since having baby and ceasing bf'ing too...my cervical mucus seems to be kicking in, as well as my increasing sex drive...we try to dtd everyother day and if we are lucky to catch something before my periods resume, thatll be fab!

Im waiting AF due to BF! and NTNP, if it happens it happens but if AF has returned by oct then that when we will be activly TTC. imogen is weaning now so taking a little less mils, ive started her on 1 bottle formula as of yesterday and plan to gradually wean as pumping will be difficult if staffing at work stays as it is, im a nurse and the ward is very short staffed at moment (although ive applied for a new job) meaning i can see things going to pot and not finding time to express = a very wet uniform!! lol. so just got to see how it goes.

i have noticed developments since having baby and ceasing bf'ing too...my cervical mucus seems to be kicking in, as well as my increasing sex drive...we try to dtd everyother day and if we are lucky to catch something before my periods resume, thatll be fab!

I'd love to get pg before AF comes back. Would be great to tell mw at booking that the first day of my last period was in 2009!!! Also I bet if you can't date the pregnancy via LMP they send you for dating scan asap, so could be a sneaky peek at bambino before the 12 week scan.

Ive had 1 af since having my son so I have no idea what my cycle is now. We arnt using any protection as we would like to concieve soon but its impossible to get a proper ovulation date, im going by a 28 day cycle but ive probably got it all wrong lol

For all those bf mums here's my tried and tested method for being able to conceive whilst still pretty much fully breastfeeding. All I find I have to do is to drop night feeds for around 4 nights in a row between the hours of 10pm and 6am, longer if possible. This acts almost like a missed pill to the body allowing the hormones to drop enough to trigger the start of a cycle, if your lucky in about 2 weeks after your 1st night off you should be ovulating. You can then resume night feeds with your little one after the 4 nights. I pump off a bottle in the day, moring is best for me as they are full up! and use it that night. Hope this helps someone.

I'd love to get pg before AF comes back. Would be great to tell mw at booking that the first day of my last period was in 2009!!! Also I bet if you can't date the pregnancy via LMP they send you for dating scan asap, so could be a sneaky peek at bambino before the 12 week scan.

that is such a good point about the sneaky peek!

For all those bf mums here's my tried and tested method for being able to conceive whilst still pretty much fully breastfeeding. All I find I have to do is to drop night feeds for around 4 nights in a row between the hours of 10pm and 6am, longer if possible. This acts almost like a missed pill to the body allowing the hormones to drop enough to trigger the start of a cycle, if your lucky in about 2 weeks after your 1st night off you should be ovulating. You can then resume night feeds with your little one after the 4 nights. I pump off a bottle in the day, moring is best for me as they are full up! and use it that night. Hope this helps someone.

thankyou for the tip! from your screen name, i believe that it should work...does that mean you should DTD 2 weeks after the episode of missed night feeds?

The lack of night feeds didn't help me. We had no night feeds for a long time, and then he also dropped the mid-morning and afternoon but it seems to have made no difference. He's feeding more often at the moment with growth spurt and teething so we're back to square one but have had some interesting CM lol.

I'm in the same situation! I have had a couple of periods (as someone said they seem to occur when he drops a night feed although he did this himself and then sometimes picks them back up) so I have no idea when my periods will be normal to predict and TTC! I suppose at least I know something is going on but its not good enough right now lol xx

I've been bf'ing for almost a year & not had af. I want to get pg with no 2 and have been doing opt's for a while (and the odd hpt!) but they're all negative :-( I keep getting cramps, loads of cm but still no af. The last couple of weeks I've had acne & mood swings so I'm hoping that means something. Katie has 3 feeds a day & hasn't fed during the night for months but still nothing. I've just ordered some MACA which is herbal & safe to take when bf'ing, it encourages yr body to produce the LH hormone & thus release an egg, and also gives you more energy & a higher sex drive! Bring on the eggies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->