Anyone else being induced?

bluecathy1978

Mum to 6 kids & 2 angels
Reaction score
I will be 27 weeks tomorrow and because I have gestational diabetes and I am now on insulin I will be induced around 38-39 weeks. This means I will be induced either at christmas or new year!!

Last christmas I was in hospital when I gave birth to my daughter on christmas eve. Luckily she was fine and healthy and they allowed me home on christmas day so I got to see my children but I wasn't there to see them open their presents. I would hate to miss it again this year :( We would also have to stay in 48 hours as my baby has to have his blood sugars monitored every 3 hours :(

Looking forward to him being born but not them pricking his heel every 3 hours!!! Poor little man is going to hate it!

I worried about the heel pricks too, I felt so guilty! Don't worry too much, if his sugars are ok after birth and he is feeding well afterwards with no other complications then my consultant said that 24 hour monitoring is usually enough. I too have GD which is insulin managed and I am being induced next Tuesday because of it and my consultant said if you can keep your sugars above 4 but well below 7.5 in the run up to induction and all the way through induction and labour then there shoud be no issues with baby's blood sugar. Fingers crossed! :thumbup:

Also being induced. Most likely at 37 weeks due to APS and possible IUGR but if shes growing well it'll be 39 weeks. As a FTM I really have no idea what to expect during induction and PP

I'm being induced on Monday due to GD (insulin controlled) and I've been told we'll be kept in for 24 hours to monitor his sugars but hoping they'll let us go home after that. Quite nervous about how the GD will effect him after he's born but my numbers are well controlled so hopefully he'll be fine!

Well if my lo doesn't come by due date then I am getting induced. My waters broke with my DD and I never started contracting so I was induced with her. Post partum was no different then a normal delivery i would assume, however pitocin makes the contractions quite hard and strong. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->