anyone else being positive about the pain of natural birth?

we never know how our bodys will deal with labour. I bet you were brilliant and Logan is GORGEOUS. x

you can be suprised at what the mind can achieve you tell yourself that your not in pain and it wont be as intense breathing is importent though I have not yet given birth but do use the whole no it doesnt hurt and breathing when my back is having I dont like you time

you can be suprised at what the mind can achieve you tell yourself that your not in pain and it wont be as intense breathing is importent though I have not yet given birth but do use the whole no it doesnt hurt and breathing when my back is having I dont like you time

A few of the ladies on here (not in this section) told me that Im being stupid for thinking its only 'a little bit of pain' told me its gonna come back and bite me in the arse etc but it wasn't that bad xx

I refused to hear any horror stories as my birth got nearer and started to envisage birthing without pain - well it wasn't painless but it was totally manageable, I had a water birth and found the water really helped.

I think as the pain isn't continuous knowing that really helped me, each wave I just needed to knuckle down and get through.

I loved giving birth, it was empowering, intense. Good luck, I hope you get the birth you want xxx

This was exactly how I felt. As my NCT teacher put it, if you imagine it being horrendous, unbelievably painful and that you won't cope, then theres a good chance thats how you will feel when your time comes. If you imagine it being a positive experience and you will be able to cope, then you have the mindset for exactly that. I loved giving birth and can't wait to do it again. (I just don't fancy the pregnancy bit yet... :) )

I agree with it being intense but not constant. One thing that really helped me was calculating the amount of time actually contracting.

Just as an example. Labour lasts 8hrs, you're contracting every 5 minutes and contraction lasts for 1 minute.

You'll have 12 contractions in an hour - each lasting a minute, so 12 minutes of "pain" over the hour with no pain in between.

12 (minutes of contractions) x 8 (hours of labour) = 96 minutes ... 1hr 36 minutes.

I've experienced pain lasting far longer than this when I hit my toe on the stairs!

What brilliant advice! Thanks a bunch!:happydance:

I refused to be scared of labour. I knew it would be hard and it WAS intense... but I knew it wouldn't last. I went into my own head... and I made it without even G&A. :) You can totally do it if you relax and trust your body!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->