Anyone else BFing and TTC?

BunnyN

Reaction score
I'm feeding our 9 month old and got my first period last month. We are TTC already but it looks like my cycles are not regular yet so it might take a while.

Im BFing and have an almost 9month old, I just got my AF back this week so I still have to wait lol, the next few cycles will probably be a bit messed up until your hormones and body gets back to normal, but that's not to say that you wont O, have you charted before??

I would start charting so you can get a fair idea if your Oing again or not yet, and also either use OPK or check CM and cervix position.

how long did it take to conceive last time?

Sorry I didn't see your reply right away. It's nice to know I'm not the only one!

I am not temping, I'm not sure if that would work because my routine is too mixed up and I'm still doing 2 or 3 night feeds. I was using opks (waiting for a new lot to come in the mail now). and I thought I might have gotten a positive on cd 13 but I wasn't sure because I waited too long to read it and when I tested again later in the day it was negative. I've tried checking my cervix but it feels so different PP that I have not quite got the hand of reading it yet. In general I've noticed I've had a lot more cm since a couple weeks before I had my first period but I've not had proper ew cm yet. Yesterday I noticed my cervix was as close to SHOW as I've noticed but I'd ran out of opks to confirm. But I go by the when in doubt bd rule :). When I should have o'd LO was sick with a high fever and was comfort feeding around the clock so I'm thinking that may have thrown my body off when it was gearing up to o.

Last pregnancy we only tried once to get pregnant so I'm hoping it won't be hard this time either but I'm not sure how much the BFing will effect things.

Are you charting?

I'm still bfing my 8month old boy and we'll be ttc next month. I still haven't got my AF but my doctor told me I could still get pregnant. Guess we'll just go with the flow.

Me too! I also haven't had my first post baby AF yet...hoping to catch that first egg!!!

Just thought I'd update. LO just turned 1 this week and I got my BFP! Last cycle my LP was only 6 days so I thought it wasn't going to happen for me soon but I'm pregnant! Early days yet but I'm excited.

Just thought I'd update. LO just turned 1 this week and I got my BFP! Last cycle my LP was only 6 days so I thought it wasn't going to happen for me soon but I'm pregnant! Early days yet but I'm excited.

Wow!! Congrats! That is so exciting!! Hope little one sticks!

We are in our second month of trying and so far nothing. I'm hoping before the end of June! Still no AF, definitely hard to tell if I'm O.

Hi ladies, I am TTC while BF too but my boy is a good bit older - 16 months. I only got AF back last month but I will say that I had to drop most night feeds to get my body to ovulate again. Also every time I was gearing up to do so, he started feeding like a crazy thing again and put it back off - I don't know if they know but I reckon he did! Or milk production dropped and he was working to get it back. Anyway, that happened twice, at fortnightly intervals until I finally ovulated, I think (No temping but strong body signs and OPK) on the 3rd attempt. The OPK never came fully +ve the first 2 times. I then got AF back exactly 14 days later. I read that the later Af comes back the more likely it is to regulate fast, so it may be a few cycles till things come right for those of you just newly getting AF back with younger babies, but it's good to get it back and I'm sure with vigilance you can still catch OV even with irregular cycles. I'm not sure if my LP is long enough, this will be my first proper cycle where I know what CD I'm on so we'll see.

GL everyone and baby dust xx

I'm bf my 14 month old. 3 times daily and 2-3 times at night. I had O signs on the weekend and LO wanted the breast sooo much! It happens every time lol.
I think that stopped O from happening :( I swear she knows :haha:

Congrats for the bfp!

My little man is 10.5 months now, and I swear he does the same thing! There must to some truth to it :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->