Anyone else conceive right away 1st time, only for it not to happen after MC?

bostonblonde

Reaction score
I used to think I was amazingly fertile because I got pregnant right away, the first month we really tried to conceive. Then I lost it, so we started TTC as soon as we could. I was confident it would happen right away again, especially hearing things like "you're more fertile after miscarriage". Every month it didn't happen in the beginning, there was always an excuse, like "we didn't BD enough" or whatever.

Now 5 months on, we're finally doing everything right (even relaxing and enjoying it this month!) There are no more excuses as to why it's not happening anymore. :nope:

I was confident it would be either this month or last month. I never thought in a million years I'd be this close to my due date and STILL not be pregnant yet.

I have wanted a baby since I was 19, but waited patiently for my DH to be ready. But now that it's finally time, it's become this unbelievable struggle. For NO reason.

Is this some kind of cruel joke? :( Does anyone else know why, not only would I lose my baby, but I would actually become less fertile afterwards? :(

Anyone else struggling with this after mc?

Hugs hon. I'm not sure why your going threw that but I fear the same thing when we start trying, bascially tried the first month and got it, lost it. With our daughter it took nearly two years to get pregnant but it was a healthy pregnancy when it happend, sending you lots of support bubbles over the net.

Hi and so sorry for your loss. I am with you on feeling like it is taking forever! I got my first bfp in February after trying for 3.5 years only to mc later the same month. Like you everyone kept telling me it's easier to get pg after a mc so when it didn't happen in the first few months I was gutted. Now only 4 weeks away from my original due date I am fed-up waiting! I guess it will happen when the time is right but I want that to be now lol. I really hope you get your bfp very soon. Good luck. Hugs, Donna xxx

:hugs: hunni
I miscarried in August after conceiving the 1st cycle TTC and all I wanted this month was to be pregnant again - I so convinced myself it WAS going to happen. After all everyone says you're more fertile after a MC right? So in my head I was already pregnant again. AF arrived yesterday so I'm gutted. I haven't had to go through months of TTC again yet but I already know where you're coming from. It must be so frustrating after it happened so easily the first time. I hope you get your sticky bean soon x

I know the feeling, im on my second cycle since MMC in June and it doesn't seem to be happening :( tho i am quite hopeful for this cycle because it feels like we have done everything right this time, but trying not to get my hopes up because it hurts too much when it fails.

I got pregnant first cycle in janurary, and was amazed. I lost max at 13 weeks in march/april. Max's EDD in 9th october, and the one thing i had in my head was i needed to be pregnant again, i got pregnant 3rd cycle/4th month after D&C. The week before i found out this time around, i was put on anti-depressatns, and near suicide, then i found out a week later i was pregnant, it'll happen when you least expect it hun. But honestly now i wont be able to grieve on my due date for max because i dont want to be in state while pregnant, and i feel bad that i cant grieve for my son properly, I am so grateful for what ive been blessed with again, but if your not pregnant by your due date, use the day to grieve proparly and do somethng nice in memory of your baby :hugs:, good luck i hope this is your month hun x

if you dont get pregnant after a year u should see a gynecologist, clomid might help? i've heard a lot of success stories with clomid.. i got pregnant after 2 months on clomid.

I don't know if its a myth but they sometimes say our bodies sometimes need a bit of a trial run the first time. I don't knwo if it's true but there's a higher chance of losing your first than subsequent pregnancies. I don't want you to lose faith as sooner or later it will happen. I've been trying for five years, been pregnant twice, had a miscarriage and a son that died at foud days... I still am going on, keep the faith !!! you can do it, we can do it!! Hoping for you.

I've also heard that there's a higher chance of losing the first pregnancy. All the nurses at the ER told me that the day I lost my baby and my friend told me her friends in her hometown have similar stories of losing their first to go on to having the next one work out.

It took me 7 months to conceive first time which felt like FOREVER. And with my irregular cycles it's sooo hard to get the timing right. I'm on my first "normal" cycle since my mc in May and I got a very hard bfn today. I still am getting pregnancy symptoms (strong ones too) before AF so I am feeling life is cruel. My due date is bearing down on me and I so desperately wish to be pregnant by then.

Hi hun, I think I know how you feel. I fell pregnant in first month od ttc and miscarried at 10 and half weeks. That was in march and I feel like you and wondering why is it taking so long this time? My due date is coming on 4th Oct and I was hoping to be pregnant again to help get through it but sadly not. I dont think there are any answers. I have read that some women might not ovulate for first few months after a miscarraige. I have been spotting during ovulation for the last 3 months and saw a doctor who suggested that maybe I wasnt ovulating at all for the first 3 after. I dunno, maybe its best so we can come to terms with our loss before carrying another baby.
Its hard but stay positive, we all understand your pain, it will happen for you soon, good luck xx

hi, chick.

I feel like I have been in both situations! I got pregnant straight after my first mc without an af in between and that resulted in my beautiful boy!!:happydance:

Then fast forward 3 years later and we got pregnant again - first month of trying, which we lost a couple of weeks later. then the next pregnancy was 3 months later, on the 2nd month of trying - again another mc. We have now been trying since feb this year - and nothing!!:shrug:

Sorry I've not been of much help, but just to let you know your not on your own!!x:hugs:

I know what you feel, I got pregnant on a first try. Then I am on my second cycle since MMC in July and we had BD everyday during my fertile time last month and I have regular cycles after mmc like before. I was sure that I got pregnant again, but nothing :( So I'm in the same boat, waiting...

You ladies are the best.... thank you, all of you! :hug:

I am just having a real hard time with this. I'm finding it difficult to get on with my daily life. Every month it gets harder for me to take. There are no logical reasons why it shouldn't be working. I am doing opks religiously and am timing everything perfectly. I'm even relaxing as best I can. What on earth could be preventing it from just happening like it did the first time? Is something wrong with me now? Whyyyy must this be so hard for the people who want it most... :(

bostonblonde and everyone, I know exactly how you feel! I'm glad you started this thread and I know that I'm not alone in this situation.

I got pregnant in April while NTNP, first cycle, and thought, WOW, that was easy!! Then I had the early MC and I thought it would happen right away again. But the MC seemed to mess with my cycles and they've gotten longer! :( So Ive only had 3 periods since May and am getting so fed up with BFNs already.

Hang in there girls, I hope we all get our sticky BFPs soon. :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->