• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone else disappointed with our representation on TV?

KateCardwell

Reaction score
I just feel like the girls from shows like "Teen mom" or "16 and pregnant" make the rest of us look bad. I know many people think all teen moms are like them, and I think that's just absurd. And it's really sad that we all end up being judged by their actions.

Where I live, in New Zealand, we don't really have a big focus on those shows, but teen mums over here are represented badly by the fact we have politicians that put us down, and also I have to admit pretty terrible teen mothers. I mean, I hate to say it, but a lot of the teen mothers over here aren't stable, they don't give up the partying, they get pregnant because they want the financial support of the DPB (domestic purpose benefit) because they don't get payed enough on the un employment benefit. And I may sound horrible but yeah it upsets me because it makes the teenagers that are really giving it their all look bad :/

It is honestly kind of whatever to me, let people think what they think because I know I'm a good parent, and that's what matters. I know I'm not a "slut", or a "whore" because I have children. People will always judge, not matter what, so I just blow it over my head and carry on.

^^ I agree.
It used to bother me so much that I would be judged so unfairly but honestly I don't care now. When people judge me screw them. They'renot paying my bills. TThey're not feeding my child. They're notstaying up with him and taking care of him, so it just doesn't bother me any nore.
Also they don't know my story.
I got pregnant after being almost 2 years with OH. How does that make me a whore? I hot with a man I love and layed with him and reproduced.

What you learn is thatpeople will always judge you whether you're doing good or bad. Just don't let it bother ypu :)

I live in Essex, UK and had my son at 17. I'm also expecting a baby girl in 6 days time woop woop! People around my area have always thrown me the "typical teenage mum on benefits in council flat with no boyfriend" kind of look, but that wasn't the case at all and it really did wind me up to begin with :nope:

I was living with my parents with no job, and it wasn't the most ideal situation I admit, but it gave me the kick up the backside I needed to start moving forward in life and stop depending on my parents as much as I did, so for that I'm thankful haha!

I've settled down with my boyfriend in our own flat, he has a decent job and we pay our own way in life. My little boy is well fed, well clothed, and loved to the end of the Earth and back, as this baby will be, and that's all that counts regardless of anything else. So ignore everyone who throws filthy looks, spreads rumours etc. If all they're doing is spending their time slagging of teenage mums then it shows who the mature ones really are! :haha:

xx

I don't think it really effects peoples views round here, I never get judgement or funny looks, old ladies coo over my baby just as much as any other, tbh I thought I'd get some funny looks as I look about 15 :L

I do think the people on teen mom were probably chosen cuz a normal run of the mill Mum of any age wouldn't make good TV, I mean if they made a program about my life it'd just be me doing laundry and stuff

i think teen mom is a reality

some have a hard time going back to school and have struggle and that is a truth...

some have a hard time finding someone to help them when they need to go to work and that is a truth...

they are over welmed and tired and that is a truth with any mom old or young.... but expecially youn and alone....

most are not with there partner after a bit of time and that is a hard truth....after sometime the satistics show that dads some dads do stay dad but dont stay with the moms...which is sad....

another hard truth is saddder some dads dip :(...and they show all this on the show...the only thing i dont like on the show...is non teen i know has these expensive cars and 4 bedroom houses...like where did that come from...lOL

yes some teens to have awesome back up from friends family and baby daddys..but in honest truth it is rare....but when it happens it is great...:)

some have a hard time going back to school and have struggle and that is a truth...

some have a hard time finding someone to help them when they need to go to work and that is a truth...

they are over welmed and tired and that is a truth with any mom old or young.... but expecially youn and alone....

most are not with there partner after a bit of time and that is a hard truth....after sometime the satistics show that dads some dads do stay dad but dont stay with the moms...which is sad....

another hard truth is saddder some dads dip :(...and they show all this on the show...the only thing i dont like on the show...is non teen i know has these expensive cars and 4 bedroom houses...like where did that come from...lOL

yes some teens to have awesome back up from friends family and baby daddys..but in honest truth it is rare....but when it happens it is great...:)

Lol that made me laugh. Everytime I watch I also wonder how the hell they can afford that and I can't? ! Lol

Lol that made me laugh. Everytime I watch I also wonder how the hell they can afford that and I can't? ! Lol

heck im 41 and i still rent LOL

One thing I will give to teen mom/16 and pregnant is that it shows a wide variety of situations, its just that we only remember the trainwrecks. Like Lizzie from season 2 or 3 who had the daughter named skylar i think? super blonde? shes married to FOB and has a stable life. But we only remember people like Janelle because they are trainwrecks and easier to remember.

One thing I will give to teen mom/16 and pregnant is that it shows a wide variety of situations, its just that we only remember the trainwrecks. Like Lizzie from season 2 or 3 who had the daughter named skylar i think? super blonde? shes married to FOB and has a stable life. But we only remember people like Janelle because they are trainwrecks and easier to remember.

who is lizzie..lol I do not remember her at all...

Omg I hate Jennelle..I want to scream at her..
you want your baby back but you want get off your lazy arse stop the drugs get a damn job..go back to school and take responsibility for your own darn actions and stop blaming everyone around you....she makes me so mad...
I really really hope her mom does not give her that baby back before she cleans her act up....
and then she acts all high and might when they do those talk shows...@@

and her friends hold there tungues so bad when they do those talk shows you can tell..lol

She's lizzie vvvvv, she was on season 2b and is now married to her boyfriend (whose name is skylar) and living quietly and nicely with their daughter Summer. There are these stories, they just never get followed up on, and they arnt the ones people seem care about/remember. So i have no problem with these shows because they do show a spectrum of situations, even if they dont show them all equally. :shrug:

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    9.2 KB · Views: 11
She's lizzie vvvvv, she was on season 2b and is now married to her boyfriend (whose name is skylar) and living quietly and nicely with their daughter Summer. There are these stories, they just never get followed up on, and they arnt the ones people seem care about/remember. So i have no problem with these shows because they do show a spectrum of situations, even if they dont show them all equally. :shrug:

Oh I remember her. I thought she was a total flake...LOL

I wonder what happened to her..

I think Ill look her up

That's the problem with them, they only follow up the crazies and trainwrecks therefore the viewers only see the.bad side... Because if they followed up the success stories they might be seen to be promoting teen pregnancies or something then Dr Drew would have a heart attack and there's be no one to present the season finale :L

That's the problem with them, they only follow up the crazies and trainwrecks therefore the viewers only see the.bad side... Because if they followed up the success stories they might be seen to be promoting teen pregnancies or something then Dr Drew would have a heart attack and there's be no one to present the season finale :L

no not really..there trying not to promote teen pregancy..so they need to promote the train wrecks....

they cant shows the ones who are making it well.....it will makes alot of teens fantisize about what teen pregnancy is about and that is not a good idea really...

lots of teens do it anyway....

i myself got pregnancy as a teen and lost it...:(

i have to admit I fantisized the whole entire time...

it going to go like this and we will be like this and this and this..

i still know him,..he was my very first boyfriend...i was dating him since we where 12...lolhe was my frist at 17/18, he was my first love too..and i love him most of my life..
but i look at it now i think

omg it would never ever have worked, we really would have been miserable if we would have tried and for many of reason that i wont put down, i was really dilutional....and totally fanisizing it ALL.... I would have been a mess ...we definitally would have been on welfair...it just would not have been good..and im not sure if he would have even stay in the babies life or if would would have been even able to keep the friendship we have now for 30 years...

ad I never ever in that situation would have been able to finish school back then at all.

sorry for the spelling...

anyway....im not saying im happy for the m/c......just saying i was totall fantisizing///totally

You guys know Janelles pregnant again? Lol

Apperantley she had a miscarriage due to heroin use. . I hope thats just the media making stories up :'(

I do agree though. I understand that if they follow up on parents doing good, they'll be told that they're promoting teen pregnancy.
I do love watching the show. I've always watched it since it came out. I think it jinxed me lol kidding.

You guys know Janelles pregnant again? Lol

Apperantley she had a miscarriage due to heroin use. . I hope thats just the media making stories up :'(

I do agree though. I understand that if they follow up on parents doing good, they'll be told that they're promoting teen pregnancy.
I do love watching the show. I've always watched it since it came out. I think it jinxed me lol kidding.

I love it too and agree that it is to show and not glamorize teen pregnancy...as you see these teens are just now getting settled in college with jobs getting married at 21

there not teens so much anymore... which is nice..we watched how they have struggled..
and what the heck is Jennelle going to do with yet another baby..het mom cant take care of another one...the state will take this one away :(..who is the baby daddy?

Jenelle is not pregnant again. She "miscarried" shortly after announcing.

She did? How sad. Poor baby. I feel so bad for Jace.
His grandma takes good care of him but can you imagine growing up and finding a whole tv show showing how bad your mom was towards you?
Hopefully she steps up soon and starts acting like a real mommy befire he realizes he hates her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->